CHAPTER 2

Race Car

EUN MI-21 GI KWANG-25 WOO HYUN-21

"OPPA!!!" Eun Mi yelled as she rushed down the stairs with her stuff, "I'm going to be late!"

"Ne!" Gi Kwang yelled from his room. 

"Aish, that slow poke." She rolled her eyes and walked in the kitchen. 

"Leave him." Jun Ki sighed as he opened the fridge. 

Eun Mi smirked, "Then how am I supposed to end up in school?" then an idea came to her, "Unless...''

Jun Ki's eyes widened, "Andwae. Maldo andwae!"

Her shoulders deflated, "Aish."

"Nice try little girl." Gi Kwang came up behind Eun Mi, "You're going no where near a car without me." 

She smiled, "Araso, kaja!" she pulled him to the door. 

"Bye!" Jun Ki hollered from the kitchen. 

"Bye!" Eun Mi and Gi Kwang both yelled. 

"Quickly, hand me the keys." Eun Mi whisperd to Gi Kwang. 

"No way, you got me in trouble last time." Gi Kwang looked at her and opened the passenger's seat door, "I'm driving this time."

Eun Mi narrowed her eyes and got in the passenger's seat. 

"That's a good girl." Gi Kwang cooed. 

"Shut up," Eun Mi smirked, "you should be lucky I'm good."

"Oh yeah," Gi Kwang closed her door and went to the driver's seat, "excited?"
"No." She put her seatbelt on. 

"Wae?" Gi Kwang smoothly backed up and changed gears.

"Molla." Eun Mi looked out the window as Gi Kwang stepped on the gas and the car zoomed off to her school.

Eun Mi got to her school minutes before the bell could ring.

"Bye oppa." Eun Mi kissed Gi Kwang's cheek and got out off the car.

"Nice ride." Someone said.

Eun Mi closed the door to the Ferrari and turned around to see an attractive, familiar guy looking at her, "Yeah. Okay~ She walked pass him and headed for her classroom.

Woo Hyun smirked and watched herretreating figure, 'Wow, first time someone ignores me. Damn.' he watched the Ferrari zoom out of sight, 'she has one killer ride.'

 

Eun Mi got in her classroom and found herself being hugged by a person.

"Eun Mi~" Min squealed, "I missed you!"
Eun Mi smiled and pulled away from her, "I missed you too best friend."

The two of them walked to the back seats and told each other what they did over the summer.

The teacher walked in the classsroom, "Goodmorning class?"

Everyone shut their mouth and sat properly, "Goodmorning seonsaengnim."

"That's right," Mr. Son looked at everyone, "guess what? We have a new student with us."
Guys hoped it was a girl and girls hoped it was a guy. Eun plainly paid no attention as she scribbled away on the back of her notebook.

"I hope the person's a dude." Min startend spazzing.

"Ohgod~" Eun Mi rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Come in, Man Woo Hyun." Mr.Son looked at the guy standing by the door.

Eun Mi recognized the name, 'That name sound so familiar.'

Woo Hyun walked in the classroom and girls swooned over his adorable, yet masculine face.

"Isn't he that famous racer?"

"Oh yeah!"

"No way."

Guys whispered among themselves for racing was quite popular for the past year.

"Hello," Woo Hyung bowed and looked around, "I'm racer Nam Woo Hyun. I hope we can all be friends, prease treat me nicely." with that last sentence he looked at Eun Mi.

She arched a brow and smirked, 'Now I know who he is, he's the I was supposed to crush seven years ago. If only dad didn't stop me from racing that day I would've been famous.'

"Why don't you sit down beside Lee Eun Mi." Mr. Son told him.

"Lee Eun Mi?" Woo Hyun's eyes widened, 'The Lee Eung Mi, she's here?'

Girls hissed in jealousy.

"Lucky." Min bumped elbows with you.

"Shut up." Eun Mi blew a raspberry.

"Lee Eun Mi, where are you?" Mr. Son asked.

Eun Mi timidly raised her hand in the air, "Here."

Woo Hyun looked at her and smiled, 'No wonder she has a nice ride.'

Woo Hyun walked to the seat beside Eun Mi. He smiled at her before sitting down. She simply arched a brow and looked away.

Woo Hyun shrugged, 'Cold much?'

Class began and Eun Mi wasn't paying much attention to the teacher, nothing new here.

"Pssst." Min threw her eraser at her.

"Ow?" She rubbed her head and picked up the eraser from the floor, "What?" Eun Mi looked at Min.

"He won't stop looking at you." Min whispered and pointed pass Eun Mi.

She looked at where Min was pointing and met eyes with Woo Hyun.

Woo Hyun smiled, "Hi."

Eun Mi gave him a smile and looked away. Min and Woo Hyun scoffed at what she did.

"He wants to talk to you." Min insisted.

'Why won't she talk to me?' Woo Hyun continued to look at her.

"Does it look like I want too?" Eun Mi whispered back, loud enough for Woo Hyun to hear.

Min laughed a bit, "Ani, mian."

Eun Mi snickered and looked away from Min.

'Aish this girl.' Woo Hyun looked away. He finally gave up on trying to get her attention.


The bell ran, telling everyone that it was lunch time. The teacher walked out of the classroom and immediately Woo Hyun was surrounded by students. Woo Hyun, used to the attention, told them frankly to give him some space.

Eun Mi rolled her eyes at his popularity and got her bag, "Kaja."

Min arched a brow, "You seem hungry."

Eun Mi and Min left the classroom.

"Do you hate the new kid?" Min asked as Eun Mi sat down and put the food on the table.

"Huh?" She looked at her, "No, why?"

"Molla," Min snickered, "it's just that, you didn't want to communicate or establish a friendly dimeanor with him a while ago."

"Oh," Eun Mi shyly smiled, admitting to pride clouding her intentions earlier, "I was just pissed off."

"Why?"

"Remember seven years ago I was participation in Seoul's Race Tournament for Juniors?"

"Yeah, then your dad told you not to race right?"

"Yeah. You se if I went to that race, won it and went home happy... I would've been living the life he's living."

"Oh, I get it," Min snickered, "someone's a bit jealous~"

Eun Mi snickered, "Am not!"

"Wooh," Min looked at her, "don't play with me."

Eun Mi shook her head in defeat, "Fine... I am a bit jealous."

"That's my girl." Min gave her a high-five.

She smiled, "Weirdo."

"Ya, think he knows you?"

That question made her stop and think, "I-I think so... , it'll be a big prob if he does."

"If who does what?" Someone came up behind them.

Eun Mi and Min looked back to see Woo Hyun.

Eun Mi narrowed her eyes, "Nam Woo Hyun."

Woo Hyun smiled, "I'm flattered, you remembered my name."

Eun Mi turned away from him, "Go away."

Woo Hyun sat down beside her, ignoring her request, "Why, shouldn't we racers stick together?"

Some guys on the next table stopped talking and looked at Eun Mi  after hearing what Woo Hyun said.

"Shut up, I'm no racer." Eun Mi grabbed her stuff and left. She didn't want to be exposed, not now.

Min shook hear head and went after her.

"Jamkkaman(Wait.)." Woo Hyung yanked Min back, "Isn't your friend Lee Eun Mi?"

Min sighed, "She is and if you don't want her brother to beat you up I suggest you shut up with whatever you know about her."

Woo Hyun let her go and watched her run after Eun Mi.

'Why is she denying who she is?' Woo Hyun sat back down.

"Ya, Nam Woo Hyun." One of the guys from the next table called him.

"Ye?"

"What were you saying to that girl earlier, something about racers sticking together?"
"Are you saying Eun Mi's a racer?" the boys started laughing.

Woo Hyun sadly smirked, "A-ani, she's not." he looked away and bit his lower lip, 'Why are they laughing at her? Don't they know who she is?'