CHAPTER 19

Race Car

 

Myung Soo placed the plastic of food on the table and went to her room first, since he knew Woo Hyun was already up.

He didn’t bother knocking on her door before entering, since she was fast asleep. He smirked when he saw her hidden under all the pillows and blankets.

*Aigoo,* He smiled and walked to the end of the bed, *Eun Mi-yah you haven’t changed a bit.* he gripped one of her ankles and shook it, “ Ireona Eun Mi-yah.”

Nothing happened.

“Aish.” He sighed and walked to the other end, closer to her head. He pulled the covers off her and threw them to the floor.

Eun Mi squirmed and hid herself under the pillows.

“Ya Lee Eun Mi~!” Myung Soo yelled, with a smile on his face, “IREONA~!”

“Keojo!” Eun Mi threw a pillow at him and went back to sleep.

Myung Soo dodged it, “YA AISH!” he huffed, “Don’t make me carry you.”

Eun Mi didn’t reply.

“Aigoo,” He sat on the bed, “ireona, Eun Mi-yah. I bought your favourite breakfast.”

“Breakfast?” Eun Mi sat up immediately. 

“The magic word.” Myung Soo snickered, shaking his head, “Kaja.”

“I’ll wash up.” Eun Mi said and got off the bed.

Myung Soo watched her enter the bathroom. He exhaled with his eyes closed, calming his heart. It was pounding hard as if he ran a 10 km run. His heart was always like that around Eun Mi, but for some reason it was harder now.

Myung Soo was nagging Woo Hyun when Eun Mi sat on the chair in between them.

“WAH BACON!” Eun Mi reached for the bacon and placed it on her plate.

Woo Hyun snickered and reached for a fruit, “Here, try some kiwi.” It was his favourite fruit.

Eun Mi made a face and pushed his hand away, “Ani.”

“Wae? Come on.” He insisted.

“Ani.” Eun Mi said firmly.

“She doesn’t eat anything but grape, orange, apple, lemon, or banana.” Myung Soo said as he bit off the bacon.

Eun Mi nodded in agreement as she stuffed with bacon and egg.

Woo Hyun smirked and placed the kiwi in his mouth, *Why do I feel like I wanna know her favourites too?* he shook his head, *Aish, I know I have this little crush on her… but I’m not supposed to feel this way.*

Eun Mi finished her plate of food and looked up at Myung Soo, “Drink?”

“Mango shake.” Myung Soo smiled.

“Yay!” Eun Mi jumped off her sit and ran to the fridge.

Myung Soo watched her with a triumphant smile, *I will never get tired of you, won’t I?*

“How often were you with her?” Woo Hyun asked.

“Every day.” Myung Soo shrugged.

“Every morning.” Eun Mi added as she sat back down on her seat, drinking her mango shake.

“Until it was dark.” Myung Soo smiled at you. Woo Hyun felt as if his presence was ignored.

Her eyes widened, the way he smiled at her that moment seemed…different. She blinked and looked away from him, “So Woo what do you want to do today?”

Woo Hyun looked up and immediately smiled, “Me?”

“No, the wall.” Eun Mi pointed pass him with sarcasm from her voice, “Geez man try to keep up.” Eun Mi smiled.

Myung Soo snickered at her sarcasm.

Woo Hyun pouted, “Aish, I wanna go to the park.”

“Park?” Eun Mi asked.

“Hyung is still a kid at his age,” Myung Soo explained, “he loves the playground.”

Woo Hyun proudly smiled at her, “I grew up there.”

“You sound like you were left there.” Eun Mi added.

Myung Soo froze and so did Woo Hyun. Eun Mi noticed the change in the atmosphere and looked at them.

“Wae?” Eun Mi asked.

Woo Hyun excused himself from the table and went to his room. Eun Mi watched him.

“How’d you know?” Myung Soo asked.

“Know what?” Eun Mi asked, “I was just kidding, sheesh.”

Myung Soo shook his head and kicked her foot from under the table.

“OW!”

“Babo, you shouldn’t kidd around with stuff like that.” He got up and put his plate in the sink.

“Wae?” Eun Mi pouted and did the same, “Is it true?”

Myung Soo closed his eyes and sighed, “Ye.”

Eun Mi's eyes widened and she felt a certain wave of guilt run through her body, “I should apologize.”

 

Woo Hyun was looking out the balcony of his room. He remembered that day. That dreadful day his mom left him at the park.

“Umma~ kajima.”

“Umma won’t go anywhere, honey,” Woo Hyun’s mom his chubby little cheek, “umma will just go to the store.”

“Arasseo.” Woo Hyun nodded like a good kid.

 

Woo Hyun winced at the memory and sighed, *Why did it hurt more coming from her?* he thought of her and how she said it. His hands clenched the bars of the balcony tighter as he tried to regain his focus again.

“Woo?”

His eyes widened at her soft voice. He heard the door close and he knew she was walking to him.

“Ye?” He mumbled.

Eun Mi looked at him and sighed, *Why can’t I just go back to hating this person? Aish.* she sighed again before speaking, “I’m sorry about earlier. I didn’t know… I…” she sighed again and looked at the floor, “I’m more than willing to go to the park with you today, if it helps, we’ll ditch oppa and hide from him later.” Eun Mi suggested, trying to light up the mood.

Woo Hyun smirked, *Lee Eun Mi,* and shook his head, *the things you do… it’s so… different.* he turned around and looked at her.

Eun Mi awkwardly smiled, “Mian. I really didn’t mean for it to sound the way it did, when I said those nasty words.”

Woo Hyun pressed his lips into a thin line and furrowed his brows, “You promise we’re ditching Myung at the park?”

Eun Mi's eyes widened and she nodded, “Ye, as long as you forgive me.” *Why am I suddenly wanting his forgiveness… I hate this guy.*

Woo Hyun smiled and pulled her into a hug. Her eyes widened and she just let his arms wrap around her tighter. He rested his chin on her shoulder and closed his eyes. Eun Mi stood there, stiff as a twig. She didn’t know how to react to this.

“Thanks.” Woo Hyun whispered and pulled away from her, “Now, go. Get ready.” He pushed her out the door.

Eun Mi stumbled with her own feet and struggled to gain her balance. She looked up to see if anyone saw her, to her luck Myung Soo was in his room. She sighed and fanned herself as she walked to her room.

*What’s wrong with me?* Eun Mi rested her body on the wall and thought of the hug with Woo Hyun. She's hugged guys before but it never felt this way.

“Aish!”

~~~

 “Ppali this way!” Eun Mi pulled Woo Hyun into a run.

“Aish, I can’t believe we’re running away again.” Woo Hyun hissed as he ran.

Myung Soo was already hiding, he was the one who sent Eun Mi the text about the Yellow Camaro. Eun Mi and Woo Hyun hid behind trees that were parallel from each other. The trees were in the very center of park, nearest to the corner. So this gave Eun Mi a great view of one side, but she was also exposed to the road.

“Where’s L?” Woo Hyun yelled.

“Shhhh!” Eun Mi told him and dialled his number on your phone.

Woo Hyun jumped at the vibration and answered the phone, “WAE?!”

“Quit the yelling you dimwit. L’s safe, he’s in a bookstore.” Eun Mi said still looking around.
“So what do we do?”

“Molla,” Eun Mi looked around with a growing feeling of anxiety, “I wanna get out of here or at least into a high place.”

Woo Hyun looked around and saw an apartment building, “There, that red and white building. It’s an apartment, we can make it to the top.”

“Ara, ka!” Eun Mi ended the call and followed Woo Hyun to the apartment.

 

“Aish.” Myung Soo’s eyes widened as he hid behind the bookshelf. He was in the bookstore near the park. From his view he could still see the Yellow Camaro. It was actually moving.

Myung Soo brought out his phone and dialled Eun Mi's number, *Ppali, answer quick!*

 

Eun Mi and Woo Hyun just arrived at the rooftop of the apartment when her phone vibrated. She answered after the third ring, “Myung Soo-yah, eodiga?!”

Myung Soo brought out a book and used it to cover his face as he moved to another shelf, “The bookstore near the park.”

Eun Mi looked down at the view and spotted the Camaro, “Aish, oppa it’s still there, I don’t think it’s gonna move.”

Woo Hyun saw the car too and brought out his phone, “Yo, hyung?”

“Eottoke?” Myung Soo hissed, he hated being the helpless one.

“Just stay there,” Eun Mi listened to Woo Hyun’s conversation, “Woo got something up his sleeve.”

“Araji.” Myung Soo ended the call.

“Yeah, thanks hyung!” Woo Hyun smiled and looked at Eun Mi. He held his hand up for a high-five and she slammed her palm onto his. Woo Hyun put his phone in his pocket.

“Wae?” Eun Mi smiled.

“Hyung’s around the corner with a couple of friends,” Woo Hyun wiggled his eyebrows, “if ya know what I mean.”

“Ah, nice.” Eun Mi smirked and watched the Camaro. Not too long after a car pulled up in front of the Camaro and out came Tablo and his “friends”.

“Oh ,” Eun Mi's eyes widened at the sight, “the police.”

“Relax.” Woo Hyun said.

 

Myung Soo’s eyes widened, *Oh, hyung brought the police with him.* the Camaro was surrounded by the cops.

Tablo knocked on the driver’s seat window, “Excuse me?”

The window rolled down revealing an aged man, “Ne? Oh Tablo-ssi.”

“Oh no, not you.” Tablo rolled his eyes and looked the cops, “Take him in, we found the suspect.”

“Suspect?” The aged man asked.

The policed forced open his door and dragged him out his car, “You’re coming with us.”

“Wae?!? What are the charges?!” the man went mad.

 

“.” Eun Mi mumbled after watching the aged man get in the cops’ car.

“He’s gone, ka.” Woo Hyun pulled Eun Mi into a run.

 

The three stayed in the park with Tablo. Tablo explained everything while Woo Hyun was out playing with some random kid.

“So this ahjussi’s known for stalking racers?” Eun Mi asked.

“Yeahp.” Tablo nodded and looked for Woo Hyun, “Aigoo he found another one.”

Myung Soo snickered, “Hyung’s always good with kids.”

Eun Mi watched Woo Hyun and her heart felt… heavier.

“Has he told you?” Tablo asked.

“Ani,” You shook your head, “not the whole story.”

Tablo’s eyes widened.

“She found out by accident.” Myung Soo explained.

Eun Mi lowered her head, feeling guilty.

“Look, Eun Mi-ssi.” Tablo looked at her, making her look up at him, “I know he’s not the person you like the most right now, but he’s more than what you think.”

Eun Mi sighed and nodded.

“His mom left him here, right at this very spot.” Tablo patted on the grass his was sitting on, “I found him here, crying.”

Eun Mi's heart tightened, she couldn’t imagine how Woo Hyun looked with tears.

“He’s been left here for almost two days.” Tablo sighed and closed his eyes, “I’m sorry but that’s all that I can say.”

Even Myung Soo didn’t like the story of his cousin. He hated his mother’s sister for abandoning his son like that. If it weren’t for Tablo, Woo Hyun would’ve never found Myung Soo.

Eun Mi nodded, “Gamsahamnida for telling me, Tablo-ssi.” she then turned to Myung Soo, “He’s the one you were telling me before right, the night before the competition?”

Myung Soo smiled, “You still remember?”

Eun Mi nodded, “I remember you telling me that your cousin would also compete in that competition. You told me not to go easy on him cause you wanted me to win.”

Myung Soo laughed, even Tablo smiled.

“I didn’t know that his childhood was this…” Eun Mi couldn’t continue anymore.

“That’s why he has a special place in his heart for children.” Tablo looked up and smiled.

Woo Hyun was carrying a kid on his back and twirling around while laughing.

The three continued to watch Woo Hyun. Inside Eun Mi's heart she wouldn’t admit it, but she's started to grow a special interest in Woo Hyun.

*Woo Hyun-ah, mian.* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AIGOOOO finally an update O.O 

I dedicate this whole story to all the Inspirits out there :) The moment you catch the Infinite you cannot escape >:))) 

Aigoo... have you seen their calendar pictures for year 2013? IT MEANS THE WORLD WON'T END... yet :> 

 

thanks for all the subs and comments ;) Tell me how you feel about this chapter. I know I don't reply but that doesn't mean I don't see it :D 

MANI MANI KAMSAHAE~~