CHAPTER 25

Race Car

 

People were scattered everywhere: fans looking at the mess, the different members of crews cleaning up the place and the fire department working on the blown up cars.

Eun Mi, Gi Kwang and Myung Soo were with Min Ki and Ji Hyuk, looking around to see who else needed help.

Apparently, L.Joe’s car wasn’t the only one that had an overdrive. Two of the other cars heated up and sent people running. In total, there were four damaged cars, ten injured people and a ruined race.

“Aigoo,” Ji Hyuk sighed as he stopped walking, tired, “can’t believe this race ended this bad.”

Min Ki chuckled, “It’s not that bad, remember that race in Tokyo?”

Gi Kwang smirked, remembering, “Yeah, 2005?”

Ji Hyuk relaxed, “All the cars blew up, some of the drivers even died.”

Eun Mi grimaced as she pictured the said event, “Oh god, that must’ve been terrible.”

“Duh,” Min Ki bobbed his head back and forth, “it was a stupid race event for drivers who can’t even drive.”

“Then why was there even one when already it was assumed to be a gathering of reckless drivers?” Myung Soo asked, his tone similar of a smart ’.

Everyone gawked at him. Eun Mi was the first one to react, “Oh hell no, he’s talking debate style again.” she faked a headache as she walked away.

“Bro,” Min Ki pulled Myung Soo to him, “what the hell was that?”

Myung Soo snickered, “I was in the mood, I couldn’t help it.”

“You and your smart mouth.” Gi Kwang shook his head before following you.

Ji Hyuk watched Eun Mi interact with the racers, “She hasn’t changed a bit, hasn’t she?”

Min Ki chuckled, proud, “Of course, she’s still my insane niece with genius driving skills.”

“Wonder what happened to you.” Myung Soo mocked him.

Ji Hyuk laughed, giving Myung Soo a fist pump, “Amen to that.”

The two left a gawking Min Ki. It took him a second to realize what just happened, “YA I MA~” he charged after Myung Soo.

 

To Eun Mi's relief, Woo Hyun was conscious when he was pulled out of the car. He was lucky that the car’s engine didn’t get a single scratch on it, thanks to the car’s interior, all the damage was on the outside.

Woo Hyun instead had a busted lip, bruises on both his elbows and knees and a slight bump at the back of his head.

“You’re lucky you’re still alive.” Tablo lightly pushed Woo Hyun’s head to the side.

Woo Hyun weakly smiled as he reclined on his seat, “I’m lucky for a lot of stuff hyung,” he then thought of Eun Mi, “I must be blessed.” He smiled.

Tablo broke into a genuine smile, “Aigoo someone’s having that stupid love struck grin on his face.”

Woo Hyun composed himself, clearing his throat, “Ani, aniyo. What love struck? Museun mallya?”

Tablo snickered before looking away, his eyes landing on Eun Mi, “Did you see her? She ran all the way here from the booth.”

Woo Hyun followed his gaze and found Eun Mi helping a racer out with his equipment, “She did?” his heart softened.

“Though she had to be pulled back by his brother,” Tablo hesitated first, “Woo if you’re going to go after her, be careful.”

“Going after her-what do you mean be careful?” Woo Hyun looked at his hyung.

“She’s the supposed to be child prodigy,” Tablo explained, “you stole her thrown. It’s bad news for her bloodline if you two end up together.”

Woo Hyun’s heart ached, he lowered his head, “Hyung why are you telling me this?”

“Because I know, anytime soon, you’re gonna end up doing stuff you never thought you’d do.” Tablo placed a hand on Woo Hyun’s shoulder, “Just be careful, Woo.” With that he stood up and left.

Woo Hyun blinked at his feet, *Am I really going to end up going after her?* he looked up and met eyes with Eun Mi. His heart flipped when she sent him a knowing smirk. Woo Hyun sent her a salute, making her laugh and look away.

Woo Hyun softened as he continued to watch her interact with other people, *If I’m going to go after you,* he frowned, *what about Myung Soo’s feelings?*

 

Eun Mi calmed her fast beating heart and bit her lower lip to keep herself from smiling. She wanted to go over and talk to Woo Hyun, but she knew it was too dangerous. There were too many people around and people talk when they see something different.

*What’s wrong with my heart?* Eun Mi walked around, greeting the other racers, *Aish, it’s always like this when Woo and I have those secret glances.* a tingling feeling tickled her insides and she needed to calm herself from smiling like a fool.

“Aish.” Eun Mi arrived at the boarders of the track and rested her arms on the surface, *Calm down.* she sighed as she rested her chin on her hands.

 

Myung Soo walked up to his cousin, “YA!”

Woo Hyun jumped at the intensity of his voice, “Bwo?”

Myung Soo sat down beside him and smirked, “Eobseo, I’m just glad you’re in one piece.”

“Yeah, I feel way better now.” Woo Hyun mocked.


A group of fan girls eyed Woo Hyun and Myung Soo.

“Isn’t that the friend of Lee Eun Mi?”

“Yeah, he’s friends with Nam Woo Hyun?”

“Holy .”

They whispered amongst themselves before deciding to confront the racers.


Woo Hyun and Myung Soo were in the middle of  conversation about the other racers when they felt shadows upon them.

Woo Hyun looked at the girls surrounding them, “Oh damn.”

Myung Soo blinked at the girls.

“Oppa, are you friends with Lee Eun Mi’s friend?” A girl asked Woo Hyun.

The two looked at each other, *.* they forgot about this.

“But aren’t Namu oppa and Eun Mi unni sworn enemies?” Another girl pressed on.

The two blinked at all the girls, flustered at what they had to say.

“Well, you see…” Woo Hyun tried thinking of a way out of this, he looked at his cousin for help but Myung Soo was just blinking around, flustered.


Tablo was walking when he saw girls surrounding Woo Hyun, “What the-“ his eyes widened when he saw Myung Soo beside Woo Hyun, “.” *Everyone saw Myung Soo come with Eun Mi.* he ran to the girls.

 

“Why aren’t you answering oppa?!?” The girls whined, stomping their feet.

“Hey, what’s going on here?” Tablo came up behind the girls.

“HYUNG~!” Woo Hyun got on his feet and scrambled to his hyung, “They-“

“What’s up girls?” Tablo looked at the little girls.

“We’re just wondering why Eun Mi unni’s friend is hanging out with her sworn enemy.” One pointed a dirty finger at Myung Soo.

Myung Soo rolled his eyes.

“Don’t talk so boldly about things you’re not certain of kid,” Tablo wagged a finger, “where’d you get the idea that Nam Woo Hyun and Lee Eun Mi are sworn enemies?”

Myung Soo wanted to add more insulting words, but he remembered, these were kids, *Ah , they’re so young yet they’ve got mouths and minds of old gossiping women.*

The girls lowered their heads.

“We were just wondering, oppa-nim.” The leader pouted and looked at Myung Soo, “We’re sorry for almost thinking you’re a bad guy.”

Myung Soo rolled his eyes as he reclined on his seat.

The girl then turned to Woo Hyun and Tablo, “Chwesuhamnida for speaking so boldly of things we don’t know.”

“Chwesuhamnida.” The whole group bowed 90 degrees before walking away.

 

The moment they were gone the three sighed so heavily, as if they’ve held their breaths the whole time the kids were there.

“Hyung thanks for saving us.” Woo Hyun gave Tablo a short bow.

Myung Soo did the same, “Since I came with Eun Mi to this race,” his lips twisted to the side, “then it means no one can know…” he trailed off.

“That you two are relatives.” Tablo muttered under his breath, nodding, “Yes, it’s dangerous for the three of you. The friendship bond between you two already confused little kids, what more if older people found out.” Tablo shook his head.

Woo Hyun frowned as he looked away, *Why is it so difficult?* he bit his lip, *First Eun Mi, now my own cousin?*

 

 

People started disappearing and eventually it led to an almost empty street. The only people left were Ji Hyuk’s staff, Min Ki, Eun Mi, Gi Kwang, Myung Soo, Tablo, Woo Hyun, and his crew. Eun Mi knew that the environment was safe already, but she couldn’t help but think someone’s still watching.

She looked at Woo Hyun, he was trying to walk to his car in peace with Tablo constantly nagging him. She sighed before looking away and walking to her own car. Myung Soo hung around with Gi Kwang as he had a conversation with Ji Hyuk.

Eun Mi told everyone she was going home first. Starting her engine, she lowered the windows, wanting to not use the ac of her car. She was about to back out when she saw a figure running towards her car.

She looked out the window to see a member from Woo Hyun’s crew running to her with a paper bag.

 

“Lee Eun Mi sunbae.” He struggled to catch his breath the minute he reached her car, “You left this.”

He brought the paper bag up to her face. She blinked at the paper bag before taking it from him. She bid him goodbye before looking at the bag that was on her lap.

*The hell, I don’t remember bringing anything.* Eun Mi bit her lower lip before looking into the bag.

Her eyes widened as she pulled out a clear container of mini cheese cake. Immediately realizing who it came from, she started to smile.

*Aigoo.* Eun Mi silently laughed as she reached for a piece of paper inside the bag.

Unfolding the paper you read:

           

            Thanks for coming today, I always knew you’d be my number one fan. Sorry for making you worry, I’ll be more careful next time. Now your head better not be getting any bigger cause Myung Soo got one of these too. -_- NO IT’S NOT POISONED… I miss you guys

                                                                                                            -Namu

“Aish.” Eun Mi snickered as she placed the paper back in the bag along with the cheesecake. She looked out the window to see Myung Soo holding the same paper bag, he was also reading the letter. Eun Mi laughed at how ugly his face looked, *Wonder what Namu told him.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNYEONG I IZ BACK WITH AN UPDATE AGAIN WAHOO... if things go out my way, I might be able to give an update per day ^^ 

Who misses the trio together?