CHAPTER 23

Race Car

 

The next day Eun Mi and Woo Hyun bumped into each at the door of the classroom. Eun Mi looked up at him and noticed how thin his complexion was now. His jaw line was noticeable now and he had bags under his eyes.

He looked down at her and held her blank stare. He saw her wounds were healing and he softened, flashing her a sincere smirk. Her heart lifted as she smirked back at him. They both had one thought in the back of their head.

*I miss you.*

Eun Mi was the first one to break the longing stares as she dragged her feet to her seat. Her expression blanked again, used to her usual gloomy mood. But for a reason, that moment by the door, it made her heart flutter. One of the few incidents that made her question what she really saw Woo Hyun as.

 

Woo Hyun was reviewing his notes in frustration. *Aish.* He ran a hand through his bangs. He couldn’t concentrate now. He was asking himself why he was too distracted now compared to last night, but deep inside he knew. He lowered his head before slowly looking to his side, taking a glance at Eun Mi.

*I’ve been feeling weird…* He watched her tap the back of her pen on her notebook as she read her notes, *Do you feel it too?*

Eun Mi felt someone’s stare and she looked up, locking eyes with Woo Hyun. Out of habit she arched a brow at him, causing him to let out a weak laugh. She softened before looking away, knowing they shouldn’t be seen talking to one another.

*I miss how everything was.* Eun Mi sighed before turning to the side, showing her back to Woo Hyun.

Woo Hyun understood her intention and his face blanked, *How am I suppose to keep my end of the promise when I know we both don’t want it this way.* his pocket vibrated making him slightly jump in shock.

“Aish.” He shook his head after reading the text from Tablo. He had to leave right away, after the test to prepare for the competition later tonight.

 

Myung Soo came in the classroom, staring straight at Eun Mi. He sighed, *Another day of dullness.* walking to his seat.

“You didn’t study?” Myung Soo started, hoping to start a good mood for Eun Mi at least for a short period.

She arched a brow at Myung Soo, “Doubting me, Kim Myung Soo-ssi?”

Myung Soo smirked, liking that she was already playing along, “Not doubting, just- you only have that face when you’ve forgotten to do something.”

Eun Mi scowled at him before slapping her reviewers straight at his face, “Aish and you call yourself a friend.”
Myung Soo snickered, “Glad to be of service.” He turned around to greet his cousin.

“Don’t start with me.” Woo Hyun said before Myung Soo could’ve opened his mouth.

*Someone’s been paying attention.* He noticed how his cousin was eavesdropping, “Start on what, hyung?”

“Shut up, I’m trying to get this in here.” Woo Hyun pointed to his head before waving the same hand at his cousin, shooing him.

Myung Soo pouted and looked down at his hands, “Nobody wants to give me attention.”

“Shut up.” Eun Mi and Woo Hyun said at the same time.

Without looking at each other, the three had smiles on their faces.

 

Mrs. Jang came in the room with the papers and started the test. Minutes before the bell could’ve rang Woo Hyun got up from his seat to pass his paper.

“Oh, Nam Woo Hyun-ssi.” Mrs. Jang was shocked, she was obviously expecting someone else to finish the test first, “I trust you didn’t just YOLO this test.”

Woo Hyun snickered, “Of course not, seonsaengnim.”

Mrs. Jang gave him a distrusting look before taking away his papers.

“Oh yeah, I need to leave now, seonsaengnim,” he bowed, “got a race to get too.”

“Ah yes, the school’s secretary informed the faculty about that. You may go.”

Woo Hyun rushed back to his bag, ignoring the looks he got from his classmates at the sudden mention of a race.

Even Eun Mi heard it and at the back of her mind she wished him luck, knowing that he’d do well without trying.

Woo Hyun got his stuff and gave her a quick glance before rushing out the door, *Wish me luck.*

 

 

At lunch time Eun Mi and Myung Soo were under a tree talking.

“Wonder how Namu’s race is going to turn out.” Eun Mi nonchalantly said.

Myung Soo looked at her, “Why the sudden mention of his name?”

Eun Mi furrowed her eyebrows before smirking, “Is his name forbidden?”

“Ani,” Myung Soo took a bite out of his bun, “it’s just ever since Uncle said for the two of you to never to talk to each other again and school drama happened, you never talked about him.”

Eun Mi bit her lip, caught. Myung Soo knew her too well and she knew there was no way out of this.

“I know you miss him,” Myung Soo continued, “I miss him too.” His chewing slowed, “What would happen if Uncle finds out we’ve already broken his rule after two weeks?”

Eun Mi snickered, “Why in the world will we break his rules, oppa?”

“Because I can’t stand this and we’re going to eventually plan out a hideout for the three of us to hang out while we’re in school.” Myung Soo looked at Eun Mi, waiting for her opinion.

Eun Mi scoffed, “And why will we have a hideout?”

“I miss us, little girl.” Myung Soo’s voice softened and so did Eun Mi's hardened eyes, “I miss how we used to be, except for that Min.”

Eun Mi laughed at the sudden shift in mood, “Mean!”

“I never trusted her,” Myung Soo ranted, “from the very moment you introduced me to her I wished her face would explode.”

“OPPA~!!!” Eun Mi laughed harder at the immaturity of her childhood friend.

Myung Soo laughed a bit as he focused on her expressions, *I know I’ve had this little crush on you since we were kids. I just hope it won’t get in the middle of us three when we reunite.*

Eun Mi calmed herself and pondered on the idea of reuniting with Woo Hyun, “And how all mighty I wish her face would explode master will the three of us reunite?”

Myung Soo started taking big bites off his bread bun as he thought. Eun Mi was shocked with the sudden eating habit.

“You pig, you’re bread bun won’t go run away from you when you’re not looking.” Eun Mi nagged like an old mom.

“Shush.” He said as bread crumbs flew from his mouth landing on her face.

“EW KIM MYUNG SOO~!!!”

“OOOW!”

Eun Mi had pushed him forward in irritation too hard that it made him land on his face, his one fourth pieced bread bun already rolling away on the ground.

“MY BREAD~!!!”

“MY FACE~!”

 

 

“ARE YOU INSANE?!?” Eun Mi pushed Myung Soo to the ground again as she got on her feet and stomped about in panic.

“No, I am in pain.” Myung Soo rubbed his soar face, the constant meeting of the ground and his cheeks were not very pleasurable.

“We can’t just walk in tonight’s race,” Eun Mi started nagging as her arms went flying everywhere, “and go Oh hey I’m not the racing child prodigy and I’m here cheering for the GUY WHO STOLE MY TITLE!!!”

“Calm down you loud mouth you’re attracting flies~” Myung Soo coolly waved her argument off.

“I AM NOT GOING TO THAT RACE, MYUNG SOO.” Eun Mi planted her feet on the ground, glaring down at him.

“Who said you were going to watch him anyway?” Myung Soo slyly smiled as he started texting away on his phone, “You were there because your brother was racing too and you came to support, duuuuh~” he gave her the get-it look.

“Aish Kim Myung Soo~” Eun Mi pinched the bridge of her nose, “Brother?” she realized something, “Oppa has no race tonight.”

“That’s what you think~” Myung Soo sang as he waved his phone in the air.

Before she could’ve started another nagging fit her phone rang. It was her oppa.

“Oppa?”

“Ya, I’m bailing you and Myung Soo out of school now.” Gi Kwang nonchalantly said.

“Bwo?!? WAE?!?” Eun Mi glared at Myung Soo who was too busy packing his stuff while whistling.

“YA AISH DON’T YELL~!!” Gi Kwang roared as she flinched at his loud voice booming from her phone, “Theres a race, I need you there. Please come.”

Eun Mi was shocked at the sudden drop of his voice, “Oppa, you know I’ll come, but why do you sound like that?”
Gi Kwang snickered, “I’m just-well you haven’t talked to me for a while and I thought- yeah well you get it.”

There was silence.

“YA ARE YOU HERE YET OR NOT?!?” Myung Soo hollered from the background.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I IZZ BACK~!!! SUMMER BREAK JUST STARTED AND BOOYA INFINITE MADE IT MORE EXCITING WITH THEIR COMEBACK SONG MAN IN LOVE :""""> 

 

Ooh yeah, you guys want some legit gangster action fic? My friend airodowen has her first AFF fic out and it's titled 6 Degrees of DesperationShe's been a writer since ever and I remember her even writing scripts for the school, she's legit and really fluid with her English :) The story features BAP and some old guys I'm not familiar with. Here's the poster