CHAPTER 21

Race Car

Eun Mi and Myung Soo were in her room, staring at the ceiling. None of them said a word since they arrived from school. Eun Mi was too scared and anxious from what Jun Ki would do to them, Woo Hyun especially. Myung Soo was not saying anything since he could sense that she was in no mood to talk.

Eun Mi sighed and closed her eyes, “Eottoke?”

Myung Soo snickered and looked at Eun Mi, “You’re in a very ty situation now aren’t you?”

Eun Mi opened her eyes and faced him, “It’s almost as bad as the night before the race.”

Myung Soo snickered and looked into her eyes, “What are you thinking?”

Eun Mi sighed and played with her hands, “Eobseo. I’m just waiting for appa’s reaction to all of it.”

Myung Soo looked at her and noticed all her wounds, “Ya, let’s clean your face you look terrible.”

Eun Mi snickered and slapped his face, “Ya –ima!”

Myung Soo snickered and sat up, “Stay here I’ll get the stuff.”

 

 

In school the principal was shocked as hell that Lee Jun Ki was in his office. Of course he didn’t know that Eun Mi's father was Jun Ki, he didn’t even know about Gi Kwang. With Min, Woo Hyun, and Byung Hee’s crew.

The students winced at the tone Jun Ki used while talking to the principal.

“You dare run a school without knowing how the students are treating each other?!?” Jun Ki barked from his seat.

“I’m sorry, Lee Jun Ki-ssi but situations like these are out of my field. We discourage such bullying but it’s the kids who can’t control themselves.” The principal glared at Byung Hee and her friends.

They lowered their heads in shame.

“And you four,” Jun Ki snapped at Byung Hee’s clan, “even if you didn’t know she was my daughter you shouldn’t be treating people like that anyway! Are you all that uneducated or plainly immature?”

They winced, Jun Ki’s words were too harsh.

Then he looked at Min and scoffed, “I was waiting for the moment when you’ll betray my daughter.”

Min bit her lip, ashamed.

“I never trusted you for that very reason,” Jun Ki smirked, “I don’t ever want to see you around my girl, ever again. Araseo?”

“Araseo, Lee Jun Ki-ssi.” Min gave a small bow.

Woo Hyun took in calm breaths waiting for his turn. When Jun Ki looked at him, he shrunk in his seat.

“And you,” Jun Ki got on his feet and walked to Woo Hyun, “I know that there is another motive for befriending my daughter.” He was now face to face with him, “That fact that your fans did this to her, what more if you two were really…” he didn’t finish his sentence.

Jun Ki knew that Woo Hyun already had feelings for Eun Mi.

Woo Hyun lowered his head, *He’s right.*

“So what are we to do, Lee Jun Ki-ssi?” The principal asked.

“I dare not move out my daughter from this school for the media will find her.” Jun Ki went back to his seat, “But the moment I find out that one of these brats mistreat my daughter again, I will not hesitate in bad naming this school.”

The principal lowered his head, anything but disgracing the school’s name.

 

“Stay still!”

“NO! It hurts!” Eun Mi squirmed around.

“Hajima!” Myung Soo whined and tried grabbing her arms.

“No, I’ll clean myself!” Eun Mi slapped his hands away.

He pinned her arms to the bed and her eyes widened. So did his. He was on top of Eun Mi right now and he was doing all he can to not put all his weight on her.

*I've never been this close to oppa before.* Eun Mi's eyes were locked with his.

*Beautiful...* Myung Soo softened at her dumbfound stare. He had to do everything he could to keep himself from her cheek.

 

Her heart started pounding hard, “Y-ya, get off me you’re heavy!” she managed to say.

Myung Soo got off but fell to the ground on his , “Aish.” He hissed.

Eun Mi snickered, “Payback’s a .” she stuck her tongue out at him.

“Shut up.” Myung Soo waved a hand in the air, “Now let me clean your wounds, ara?”

“Araseo.” Eun Mi sighed.

Myung Soo started cleaning dabbing the medicine on her cheek, then on her arm. He saved the one just at the corner of her lips, last.

“Oppa, why am I being treated this way?” Eun Mi asked.

He looked up at her, “What do you mean, this way?”

 

“I lose my best friend, but I you come back,” Eun Mi started explaining, “a new kid gets to school and he’s your cousin. He stole my championship title and trophy but he’s still my friend,” she hesitated at first before continuing, “I lose my mom and my opportunity to race.” she starred at the floor.

 

Myung Soo bit his lower lip, searching for a way to get her mind off things. He got the cotton ball with medicine and dabbed it on the corner of her lips without warning.

“Ow! YA!” Eun Mi slapped his hand away, he snickered, “A little warning would’ve been nice!”

Myung Soo snickered before his face fell serious, “Just like these physical wounds, all your problems are not permanent.”

Eun Mi looked at him, he was looking straight into her eyes.

He sighed before slightly smirking, “All these troubles, you can choose which to take to heart. You can also not choose anything, which is better.”

Eun Mi softened and smiled, “Aigoo, oppa’s words of wisdom.”

“The very best.” Myung Soo winked at her, knowing it would make her laugh.

“YA DON’T DO THAT EW!” Eun Mi shuddered and closed her eyes as she tried to erase the memory of Myung Soo’s winking.

“Now stop talking while I finish your last cut.” He nagged as he started leaning in.

Eun Mi watched him as he gently dabbed the cotton ball right at the corner of her lips. Myung Soo’s heart was raising and he had to use every inch of him to keep his face calm and his hand to not tremble.

After he placed a transparent band aid on her cut the both of them headed downstairs to eat.

 

That night, Jun Ki came home with Gi Kwang.

“Oh, you’re home.” Eun Mi stumbled upon the door that was opening with Myung Soo trailing behind her.

“Uncle, hyung.” Myung Soo greeted.

Gi Kwang tossed his shoes to the floor and rushed to Eun Mi, “You look terrible what did you do?” he held her shoulder and turned her here and there, “You have bruises too! Ya where did you fall now?”

“Appa didn’t tell you?” Eun Mi tilted her head to the side as she eyed Jun Ki.

“Bwo?” Gi Kwang let go of her and eyed Myung Soo, “And what are you doing here?” he arched a suspicious brow.

“Ask uncle.” Myung Soo pointed pass him.

 

At the dining table Jun Ki explained everything. Eun Mi couldn’t hang out with Min anymore. He talked to the fan girls on how immature they were and he said Woo Hyun couldn’t be seen around her either.

Her eyes widened and so did Myung Soo’s.

“But uncle, where I go he goes.” He raised his hand.

“I know,” Jun Ki nodded, “but I’m pretty sure after today’s incident, he knows what I mean.”

For an unexpected reason, Eun Mi's heart sank. Denying, she knew she was gonna miss him.

*Just when we started to become friends.* Eun Mi played with her hands, trying not to show the upset feelings in her eyes.

“So are we transfering?” Gi Kwang asked.

“Ani.” Jun Ki shook his head and Eun Mi's head shot up in shock.

“Jeongmal?!?” Her eyes widened, even Myung Soo wasn’t expecting this.

“I’ve talked to the principal and he knows my conditions. You can’t move out now on your senior year either.”

“Assa~!!!” Eun Mi fist pumped and high fived Myung Soo.

“But you can’t be with any of the people I just mentioned, araseo? I strictly made that clear to them too.”

Eun Mi's heart dropped, *Andwae…*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aigooo another short update... mian :( HOW WAS YOU NEW YEAR?!? Hope it was spent well :> Aigoo, DKFC finished here in the Phil. Too bad, I was in the Philippines when BAP and the performers of DKFC were here. Darn it, I had no time to watch :( Curses... TO THOSE WHO WATCHED THE DKFC, hope you guys had a good time :) Heard they really did prep up for their performances ;)