CHAPTER 20

Race Car

 “Bye oppa.” Eun Mi kissed Gi Kwang’s cheek and got off his car.

“Aish, we meet again.” Eun Mi sighed as she looked up at the school. She kinda liked not being in school… *Wonder if I still know how to write.* she smirked and walked to the entrance.

*3,* She counted as she walked up the stairs, *2…* she already felt a presence behind her, *1.*

“YA!” A familiar voice came from behind her.

Eun Mi's eyes widened, she was expecting a different voice. Next thing she knew she was pushed up against the wall and she was facing her.

“Where the hell have you been?!?” Byung Hee yelled.

“God Byung Hee,” Eun Mi rolled her eyes and started walking, “get a life will ya?”

Byung Hee scoffed at her answer, “Why won’t you answer my question?”

“Cause I don’t want to, there question answered,” Eun Mi waved her hand in the air, “now scram.”

“Aish you punk,” She yanked Eun Mi's hair back and pushed her up against the wall, “where were you these past two days?!?”

“Aish.” Eun Mi hissed, her back was not liking the constant wall hitting, “What’s it to you, huh?”

“I wanna know,” She held up a picture, “is this true?!?”

Eun Mi's eyes widened at the picture and she took it from Byung Hee to get a clearer look, “What the hell?”

Byung Hee watched her, waiting for her answer.

It was a picture of Eun Mi entering the hotel with Woo Hyun and Myung Soo, *Where’d she get this?* she thought as she shrugged and shoved the picture back to Byung Hee, “Wae? Doesn’t everybody know that Myung Soo is my childhood friend?”

“Myung Soo is explainable, but my Namu?” She stomped her feet on the floor, “Last thing I know you two weren’t on good terms!”

All the racket that Byung Hee was doing already attracted a crowd, they were watching Eun Mi.

“Aish, another fan girl.” Eun Mi pinched the bridge of your nose, “Is that the only thing you want to fuss about, huh? Your one sided love with that racer?!?”

Byung Hee’s eyes widened and the crowd gasped.

“One sided?” Her eyes got teary, “How dare you!” she raised her hand to hit Eun Mi.

Eun Mi was about to block it but someone else did it for her.

“Ya, what are you doing?” Woo Hyun pushed Byung Hee away from Eun Mi and placed her behind him, *Nobody hurts her…what the hell am I thinking?* he struggled to keep his poker face up.

“O-oppa.” She went from complete to psycho fan girl, “Is this true? You were gone for two days and you were with her?”

The crowd started whispering. Eun Mi really hated it when people started assuming stuff.

“Babo, I’m in the picture too,” Myung Soo came in the scene and placed his hands in his pockets, “so what’s the big deal?”

“Big deal?” Byung Hee scoffed and blew her bangs to the side, “Don’t you know what we’ve been thinking when the three of you didn’t show up?”

“Does it look like we care about what you think?” Myung Soo took a step forward, glaring at her, “Huh? How important are you to us that we should pay attention to what you think?”

 

Byung Hee’s jaw dropped, never in her entire life has anyone said something that mean to her. She clenched the picture and looked at the floor. The crowd being present didn’t help either, even they were surprised at the words of Myung Soo.

“Oppa.” Eun Mi tugged on Myung Soo’s sleeve to stop him from saying anymore mean words.

Woo Hyun realised what just happened and he sighed, “Look I know you’re a fan and as a fan you’re just doing your job to care, but…” he gulped, “sometimes you go way too far. I appreciate the way you treat me, but this is just way too much.”

Byung Hee smirked and looked up at Eun Mi, “You’re enjoying this aren’t you?”

Eun Mi's eyes sparked with anger, “BWO?”
“Will you stop pinning this on her?!?” Myung Soo took another step forward, making Byung Hee take a step back, “Aish seriously, are that stupid?!? Aish, let’s get out of here.” He grabbed Eun Mi's wrist and pulled her into a walk. Woo Hyun followed.

Eun Mi looked back and saw a smirking Byung Hee. Eun Mi sighed and looked away, *This is only the beginning.*

 

The three made it to class. Eun Mi sat on her seat and looked to her right.

“Oh,” Eun Mi's face fell, *She’s not here?* it was unusual for Min to not show up for class. She was on the run for perfect attendance.

Myung Soo looked at Eun Mi and noticed her glum expression, “Wae?”

“Min’s not here.” Eun Mi mumbled looking at her fingers, “She’s never absent.”

“Maybe she’s still scared from the incident.” Woo Hyun suggested.

“Psh,” Eun Mi smirked, “impossible.”

Then it was silent.

“Eun Mi-yah?”

“Oh?” Eun Mi looked at Woo Hyun.

“I’m sorry.”

“Me too.” Myung Soo added.

“Wait,” Eun Mi held your hands up, “Woo I understand, but you?” Eun Mi pointed at Myung Soo.

“The way I answered back earlier,” Myung Soo snickered and rubbed the back of his neck, “it was unusual.”

You arched a brow.

Woo Hyun laughed, “I can’t believe you don’t get it yet!”

Myung Soo palmed his face.

“YA! BWOYA!?!” Eun Mi slapped Woo Hyun’s shoulder.

“Love triangle.”

Eun Mi's eyes widened and she looked up to see Min, “Min-ah.”

Min didn’t look like her normal self, “Seriously Eun Mi, you didn’t think it that way?”

Eun Mi's eyes widened at the sudden tone Min used. Woo Hyun and Myung Soo made eye contact, *Something’s wrong.*

Eun Mi furrowed her brows and stood up, “What’s wrong?”

Min smirked, “You don’t contact me for two days and you expect everything to be fine?” she scoffed, “Are you forgetting that you’re with these two kingkas? Absent, two days with them, never creates a clean picture, Eun Mi.”

Eun Mi's eyes widened, “So you believe in Byung Hee?”

Min looked her straight in the eye, “Yeah. Two guys and one girl never make a good impression, especially if two of them are kingkas and the girl is just-“ she gasped.

Eun Mi was gripping the collar of Min's shirt and she brought her face near, “After how many years of friendship, you believe in that piece of because I didn’t contact you for two days?!?”

Min’s eyes widened.

“Ya, geumanhae.” Myung Soo pulled Eun Mi away from Min.

Woo Hyun brought Min to her seat.

“Woo.” Min held Woo Hyun’s wrist before she could leave, “Wait.”

Woo Hyun shook her hand off, “I knew that you’d eventually betray her because of us. I know you know what she is and only a few us know and I thought I could trust you.” He clenched his fist, “But you’re just another fan girl.” With that he walked away.

Min lowered her head, *Byung Hee was right, the boys do like her and they’ll do anything to protect her.* she scowled, *Screw it if I know the truth… I’ve always been jealous of Eun Mi with her relationship with Myung Soo.*

 

Eun Mi's day didn’t start so swell and she hated it. In the middle of her last subject before break she texted Gi kwang to pass for her. He agreed and told her he’ll be there by lunch.

*Aish.* Eun Mi sighed and looked up at the board.

All her classes for today was with Min and it made her sick. After Lit she never spoke a word to her and she never acknowledged Min's presence. Min was enjoying it though, for she could finally express her hidden feelings of jealousy.

The bell rang and Eun Mi got up.

“Aish.” Eun Mi hissed as Min roughly pushed pass her as she walked out. Eun Mi watched her leave with an aching heart.

*Goodbye bestfriend.* Eun Mi closed her eyes and left the classroom using the other exit.

“Come on we gotta find her.” Myung Soo dragged Woo Hyun away from the people he was talking to.

“Wae?” Woo Hyun struggled to keep up with his pace.

“She’ll run.”

“.”

 

Eun Mi sat on the stairs of her school and waited for Gi Kwang.

*Oppa, take me away already.* Eun Mi thought as tears threatened to fall from her eyes. The door behind her burst open, making her jump.

“Oh look, there she is.” Byung Hee smiled as her friends came out after her.

Eun Mi's tears disappeared at the sight of Min. Eun Mi smirked and got on her feet, “Wae?”

“Well my new friend,” She pulled Min to her, “thinks we should punish you for the way you talked to me this morning.”

“And what are you, the queen?” Eun Mi guffawed, “Pathetic.”

Byung Hee smiled but it didn’t reach her eyes, “Get her.”

Min pushed Eun Mi back, making her lose her balance. Eun Mi looked back just in time for her hands to touch the ground, she rolled down the stairs.

“Aish.” Eun Mi hissed as her back hit the ground, her body was stinging.

The girls circled Eun Mi and started kicking her. The kicks were weak, but the hardest came from Min.

Eun Mi caught one foot and pushed it away, making the girl land on her .

“You how dare you push my friend.” Min hissed and took a handful of Eun Mi's hair and pulled on it.

Byung Hee punched Eun Mi's cheek and her head turned to the side, her cheek stinging. Eun Mi knew how to fight, Gi Kwang trained her, but she couldn’t bring herself to hit Min. Eun Mi punched Byung Hee in the face and she fell back. Eun Mi twisted the wrists of the other girls and pushed them aside. It was only Eun Mi and Min left, standing.

“What, can’t hit me?” Min taunted.

“Why are you doing this?” Eun Mi hissed as she held her aching knuckles.

“This is payback.” She launched herself at Eun Mi.

Eun Mi was about to block her when two things happened:

1.    Someone pulled Eun Mi away and

2.    Min was being pulled away

Eun Mi looked up to see a very pissed Myung Soo, “Oppa.”

“Your cheek is wounded.” His voice shook with anger and he looked back at the girls, “Who hit her in the face?!?” he glared at the girls.

The girls backed away from him in fear. Even Byung Hee was scared.

Woo Hyun pushed Min away from him and went to Eun Mi, “You’re running?”

Eun Mi lowered her head, “Gi Kwang oppa’s passing for me.”

Woo Hyun lowered his head, “I’m sorry this is all my fault.” *If I hadn’t been her friend in the first place, none of this would’ve happened.*

Then a car pulled up and everyone watched the car.

“Andwae.” Eun Mi's legs shook she knew who’s car that belonged too.

Myung Soo smiled and looked at the girls, “You guys are so dead.”

Min’s eyes widened, “Andwae.”

Byung Hee looked at her, “Who’s that?”

“Eun Mi’s dad.” Min got up and started to run.

“Oh no you don’t.” Myung Soo caught her and threw her back to the floor.

“Appa.” Eun Mi pushed pass Woo Hyun and ran to Jun Ki.

His eyes widened at Eun Mi's face then he looked at the boys then at the girls. The girls gasped.

*Andwae.*

“She’s Lee Jun Ki’s kid?” Byung Hee’s voice shook in fear, “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?!?” she yelled at Min.

“WHAT DIFFERENCE WOULD IT HAVE MADE!?!” Min yelled back.

“Min, you did this?” Jun Ki’s eyes narrowed into deathly slits.

Min lowered her head as the rest lowered their heads. The way they looked at Eun Mi now was so different. They regret ever hurting her.

Myung Soo smirked and walked to Jun Ki, “Uncle, these girls have been mistreating her because of our absence these previous days. They’re also fan girls of Woo Hyun.”

Jun Ki eyed Woo Hyun who had guilt written all over his face, “Mianhamnida, uncle.”

Jun Ki hissed and closed his eyes, “Our cover’s blown.”

Eun Mi lowered her head.

“Get in the car.”

Eun Mi did as told.

“Myung Soo take her home.” Myung Soo nodded.

“You,” Jun Ki pointed at Woo Hyun, “come with me,” then he looked at the girls, “all of you, come with me too.”


Eun Mi watched her dad walk in the school with Woo Hyun and the girls, *Appa what are you gonna do?*

Myung Soo sighed as he watched from the rear side mirror, *Uncle, go easy on them.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ooooh yeah daebak! ah back-to-back update woooh *FIST PUMP* 

With Myung Soo's anger here I can't help but remember these guys...

 

Aigoo... it's a shame Byung Hee died wahhhhh 

 

 

Aigoo... Kim Myung Soo...