Friends Forever

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul's POV:

Wheein's mother was nice enough to let me into their home.

She knocked on Wheein's door for me, letting her daughter know of my presence. After a few seconds Wheein opened the door for me and led me to her room.

She looked so distressed, which caused my heart to die a little inside.

None of us dared to speak first. She wasn't looking at me at all. She was just playing with her fingers until I cleared my throat.

"I didn't mean for the kiss to happen, Wheein. I-" I started.

"I'm sorry for acting like the victim here. I know I'm not in the right position to react like this. I just--" She said, clearly struggling with the right word to use.

Before she could continue, I quickly opposed her thought.

"No. Don't say that please." I stepped closer to her and lifted her chin so we can meet my eyes. I held her right hand with my free one. "You have every right to feel whatever you're feeling. I know we're not dating or anything—but even though you don't think that you belong to me, I know that I'm yours...and I told you that. And even I would feel betrayed if ever that happened to me. It just happened so fast and..."

Third Person's POV:

"Can we not talk about the kiss anymore? I'm not comfortable talking about it yet. But I'm not mad, Byul-ah. I'm trying to understand." Wheein responded. "I just need you to be completely honest with me." she said as Byul nodded with anticipation.

Wheein took one step back away from the taller girl, gathering the courage to ask her question. "Are you really in love with me? Or are you just projecting your feelings for Yong to me?" she asks with both anticipation and worry evident in her eyes.

People talk. And before Yongsun changed her course, some rumors about Yong and Byul were going around. She didn't think too much of it before because it didn't matter that much; she figured that the two would tell them when they're ready if there is any truth about the dating rumors, and their friendship wouldn't change.

But things have changed now, the circumstances are different, and it matters to Wheein now whether there is truth to those rumors.

"I am deeply in love with you Wheein." Byul said in all honesty. "But..."

"But." Wheein repeated. It always scared her when someone says something positive then continues with a 'but', because most of the time, she ends up getting hurt.

Wheein said in a tone that almost discouraged Byul to continue. She's torn and confused and Moonbyul couldn't handle it.

Moonbyul's POV:

A part of me made me hope that I shouldn't have pursued my feelings for her.

What I realized, is that I wasn't being a good friend anymore. The moment I started loving her the way I do now, I stopped being a good friend to her; I started doing things, not for her but for me. I started doing things not for wanting to fill in her needs, but to get her to love me. I wasn't being a nice friend anymore. And I realized I needed to stop.

"But I don't think, this love that I feel, is what we both need right now." I struggled to say out loud.

She was shaking her head in disagreement, and I almost instantly took back what I just said.

"Your Mr. Friday is going to get hurt." I stated; as much as I hate to say it, Taehyung has been nothing but an angel to Wheein, and we can't pretend like he doesn't exist. "And so are you." I pointed out. I know that I'm hurting her already and I wanted to believe otherwise but I'd just fool myself. "This isn't healthy for any of us."

She was shaking her head fervently. "If I tell you now that I love you too, would you stop whatever you're saying and just be with me instead?" her tone was pleading and desperate that it hurts so bad.

I control every ounce in my body not to kiss her and tell her yes. But it wouldn't be right to give in. She's not thinking straight. "I can't do that to you." She looked at me puzzled. "I don't want to pressure you, Wheein-ah. I don't want to take advantage of you, because if I did, we'd both end up regretting it. I know you're confused right now. Feelings really mess up decisions, I know it because I've been there."

She has to settle things with Taehyung first and I have to settle things with Yong.

"No, Byul-ah. I love you. I really do love you." And I was really glad to hear that. Although I always hear that from her, the feeling never gets old. But it wasn't the answer that I needed.

"I know. And I love you too." I nodded. "And I love Sowon, and Seulgi, and Yong, and Hyejin, and Minhyuk, and Irene. Because that's what friends do, Wheein; they love each other." I stated.

Holding both of her hands, I looked directly at her eyes to make sure my message will go through. "But the thing is..." There is a big difference between loving and being in love, and I didn't want her to get confused. "...you're not in love with me." I tried to explain as clearly as possible, hoping we'll be on the same page.

She stayed silent for a while- we stayed silent for a while.

I know she wanted to say something but she refused to do so.

A part of me was disappointed that she didn't prove me wrong.

If only she said that sentence that I wanted to hear ever since, I would have p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter