So Much for Love

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul's POV:

"Yong?" I called out when I tapped the left space of my bed and disappointment dawned on me as my hand was met with the softness of my matress instead of her skin. Her presence was the first thing I checked the moment I woke up to make sure that last night was real and not just a dream.

I immediately got out of bed to check her in my bathroom. The door was open but I can never be too sure. "Yongsun? Are you in there?" I called her once again but there was still no sign of her.

I went downstairs and found Seulgi making breakfast. "Seul-" I was about to ask her if she saw Yongsun but she beat me to it.

She turned to look at me. "Yongsun told me she have classes on Saturdays. She left early." Seulgi stated knowingly.

I sighed in relief, smiling at being proven that yesterday wasn't just a dream.

"I didn't know she spent the night here." She comments, pointing a questioning look at me. She knows my feelings for Yongsun. I never told her about it but it was just one of those unspoken secrets we have; like how I know she likes Irene even though we never talk about it.

"Good morning to you too." I greet, trying to ignore her remark.

"You sure are in a good mood today." She arched her eyebrow at me. I figured she wouldn't really let me get off the hook that easily.

I just shrugged and smiled at her. I am in a good mood.

Why wouldn't I be?

But then I got my answer when I remembered that I have a thing with Wheein, and I didn't know if she would take this well if she finds out the new development in Yongsun and I's relationship, or if I should even tell her.

Seulgi must've noticed the frown on my face, "What's the matter? Just seconds ago you were all about rainbows and sunshine..." she asked me while preparing the plates on the table.

"Nothing, Mom." I replied teasingly to distract her from her question, to be fair though, she really look like a parent making morning talk with her child.

"Ya- first of all, I do not look like a mom. Second, what happened between you and Yongsun?" Seulgi asks, placing an omelet in front of me.

"Wow, mom, you really make the best omelet." I say, ignoring her question again.

Seulgi narrowed her eyes. "You haven't even taken a bite yet." she notes as she sat in front of me. "Tell me, did something happened between you two last night?"

"Ya! What do you take me for?" I asked defensively as I feel my cheeks burning up in embarrassment because of her question. "I just told her to stay over because she came over late last night." I clarified.

She sighed in relief. "Well it's better that we're clear." she comments. "But are you gonna tell me what happened last night that got you all giddy?"

"You kissed Yongsun?!" Seulgi asked dramatically when I told her the events of last night.

"She kissed me first, I just kissed back." I corrected her as if it mattered who made the first move. "And now that I thought about it...I don't know what to do."

"All you have to do is listen to your heart, Byul." Seulgi said casually as if it was as easy as picking a dish at a menu.

"My heart is just as confused as I am, Seul. I don't know what to do." I stated, letting out a frustrated sigh, plopping at the couch.

"But I thought you got over Yong?" Seulgi asked, she looked confused but I could sense that she's a little amused with my situation. Typical Seulgi.

"That's what I thought so too. But it seemed to me like I'm wrong." I presumed, reminiscing the way I felt when Yongsun kissed me. "When she kissed me...every feeling I tried to bury resurfaced." I stated.

Seulgi sighed, "That's..." she trailed off. "...you're in trouble."

"You do know you aren't helping that much, right?" I asked playfully, throwing a pillow at her.

She chuckled. "But seriously though." her face suddenly turns serious. "So what if Yongsun kissed you?"

"Aren't you listening?" I questioned.

"Does Wheein even like you?" she asked carefully, trying not to offend me, but too curious not to ask.

"I don't know." I answered honestly. Wheein never told me clearly how she feels about all this. And whenever she tries to express how she feels, I kind of try to stop her. I don't want to pressure her, and I feel like that's how she feels right now, so I try to stop her from talking about it yet.

She looked at me, silently asking if she could say her opinion that I might not like; I gave her a cue to continue. "When your first love knocks on your door -figuratively ang literally- because she's worried about you and practically risked her safety just to see you and check on you, you don't get to just let that pass."

I smiled at the thought. "Yeah. That was sweet of her. But-"

"See? That look on your face." She pointed out. "That is not a look of someone who got through her feelings with her first love, Byul." she stated enthusiastically. I rolled my eyes at her. She just shrugged and continued speaking, "If you ask me, I think you should give it a try."

I tensed up and gave her a disapproving look. "Are you crazy? When I told Wheein that I was in love with her, I wasn't kidding. I wouldn't let a statement like that out of my mouth if I weren't a hundred percent sure. I'm in love with Wheein, Seulgi. I know I'm confused about Yong and all that, but I was always sure that I'm in love with her."

"Then why are we having this conversation again?" she asked rhetorically.

I knew its only a matter of time that she'd speak what's on her mind again.

"Not everyone gets a chance with their first love you know? I may sound bias, but I'm just speaking the truth. Besides, did Wheein stop entertaining Taehyung? Because if not, I don't see anything wrong if you just see whatever happens with Yongsun." She uttered carefully. "You have to consider that maybe Wheein is just overwhelmed with the idea that you like her, that's why she thinks she likes you too."

I didn't like what she said, but if I'm being honest with myself; she does have a point.

"Byul-ah." She spoke.

"Yeah?" I turned my attention to her.

"Just give it a try, okay?" she looked at me with somewhat pleading eyes. "You always make people around you happy, and that's not wrong at all, but just d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter