Green Eyed Monster

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein knew. Wheein knew she has a million things to say to Byul.

She knew there are a million things they have to talk about. And heaven knows she wanted to talk to her so badly, but she stops herself from doing so, because talking to Byul meant that she's ready to get back with her -at least for her that's what it meant- because Byul has always been good with words, and Wheein has always been great at falling for them.

She gathered up all of her courage to break up with the girl. She knows it's what's best for them. And she's not strong enough to resist if Byul tries to talk to her, she might give in in an instant; and she wouldn't be able to let go even if she tried.

Wheein knows what she wants; she wants Byul.

Just like how she knows that Hyejin likes Byul. She knows because she knows Hyejin too well. She knows because Hyejin looks at the girl the way Byul used to look at her. She isn't as clueless as her friends make her out to be.

And Wheein doesn't blame Hyejin; she can clearly see why Hyejin would like someone like Byul.

But when she saw Byul's arms around Hyejin days ago at the cafeteria, she couldn't stop the jealousy building up under her skin.

The blonde misses the way Byul used to look at her, because lately, her eyes are jaded. They used to be pure and honest but now...they seem guarded. That's when she knew something has changed.

When Wheein saw Byul jogging on the sidewalk she wanted so badly to call out her name. She opened and almost said something- almost- maybe then things would have turned out differently, but she didn't.

Instead she watched Byul's retreating form until she was no longer in sight.

Seulgi understands. She understood what Yongsun is feeling right now, she does; loving someone and not knowing whether they will ever love you back.

Although, Seulgi now knows that Irene loves her back. And so does Yong, really; Yongsun do know that Byul loves her back; she just wasn't so sure how much.

Like Yongsun, the girl lost hope at one point. There came to a point where she tried moving on through other people; she thought she would heal by learning to love someone else. But if there's one thing she learned from the past, it's that people aren't medicine.

So it didn't sit well with her seeing Yongsun making out with some guy at a party, namely, Kim Minseok. She didn't like it, not when she knows Yongsun's in love with someone else, who happens to be sitting next to her, right at this moment seeing the same scenario.

It doesn't really help Yongsun's case knowing that the guy she's making out with resembles Byul in mnore ways than one.

Saying that Moonbyul was not amused was an understatement, and seeing Byul basically drag Yongsun out of Minseok's lap is big evidence.

Minseok didn't dare protest when he saw the look on Byul's eyes. Even Seulgi would hate to be on the receiving end of it.

But she can't say the same with Yongsun.

"What is your problem?" Yongsun asked Byul as she tries to free herself from the girl's grip.

But Moonbyul didn't budge and held Yongsun's wrist tighter; gentle enough to not hurt the girl but tight enough not to let her go. She didn't free Yongsun until they were outside the house.

Seulgi contemplated if she should follow the two or stay at her place; the latter ruled out. She figured its better to give them a chance to talk.

"What's your problem?!" Yongsun questioned when they stopped by the parking space outside their blockmate's house.

"What were you thinking?" Byul questioned, trying to stay as calm as possible. Its so unlike Yongsun to drink, much more make out with some random guy. Everything about it is triggering her.

"I didn't want to think." Yongsun countered. "That's the whole point of getting drunk." she reasons.

"This is not you, Yongsun." Byul said, as her disappointment builds up along with annoyance.

The older girl chuckled bitterly. She didn't question why Byul was at the party too, it wasn't like Byul to attend parties as well, but she was too pissed to ask so instead she answered, "Yes it is. You were just too busy with your girlfriend that you didn't notice that I became this person."

Byul knew this isn't about drinking anymore. Scratch that. She knew the moment she decided to drag Yongsun outside the house that they weren't going to talk about alcohol. "You said Xiumin wasn't your cup of tea." Byul said instead, they had a brief conversation about him before.

"Well maybe I drink coffee now." Yongsun scoffed.

Byul sighed in frustration, at how Yongsun doesn't seem to be taking her seriously. "I know you don't like him."

"And how did you know that?" Yongsun challenged, crossing her arms.

"Because!" Moonbyul didn't mean to yell -which was a wrong move by the way- but she was still frustrated at Yongsun for making out with Kim Minseok, a notorious player at their campus. Sure, Byul and him is close enough for the girl to call him by his nickname, but it doesn't change the fact that Xiumin is a heartbreaker.

Byul's just trying to look out for her friend- or at least that's what she tells herself.

"Oh, right!" Yongsun chuckled bitterly, "Because I'm still in love with you." Her features were suddenly soft and vulnerable; that's when Byul realized Yongsun wasn't really drunk. What Yongsun said caught her off guard; the older girl intended to sound sarcastic but it came off so sincerely and naturally instead.

Byul stepped closer to pull the other girl into a hug but Yongsun stepped back. "Don't." she simply said.

Byul wanted to let Yongsun live her life, but not like this. She obviously didn't like Xiumin, and the same goes for the guy; he obviously wants Yongsun for what she looks like and not for what she is. Yongsun deserves more than that.

"You're the one who told me to find someone else to love." Yongsun stated. "How can I do that if you drag me away from the first guy that gives me attention?"

"You're too good for him." Byul said matter-of-factly.

"And that's supposed to flatter me?" Yongsun questioned. Byul has to have a reason better than that, because Yongsun won't accept it.

"It's supposed to make you think twice about your choices." Byul bites back.

Yongsun scoffed. "Aren't you happy that I'm making a move to let you go?" she said it sarcastically, but deep down she wanted Byul to say 'no'.

And in her surprise she did.

"No." Byul said looking straight in her eyes.

And Yongsun hated how that single word affected her so much. She couldn't help but feel hopeful; and she resented the effect Byul has on her.

She was hopeful, but somehow anger boiled up inside her.

"Why don't you just stop being so selfish and make up your damn mind?" Yongsun questioned and the truth and relevance in her question was a big slap to Moonbyul's face.

Byul just shook her head. She wants Wheein back, but she doesn't want Yongsun with someone else either. She cringed at how selfish it sounded even in her head.

"I don't know." Byul answered even though she actually knows. She just wasn't ready to admit it yet.

It wasn't an enough answer for the older girl.

Yongsun wasn't expecting an 'I love you' but Moonbyul could have said a more concrete answer. She would've accepted it if Byul told her that she didn't love her back, that way Yongsun could've moved on with her life a little bit easier.

"I hate you! Do you know that?" Yongsun exclaims in desperation. But Yongsun doesn't hate her. She can't.

"I do." Byul said without batting an eyelash.

Yongsun shakes her head as both anger and sadness overwhelms her. "But I hate myself more...for not being able to let go of this tiny irrational hope that maybe—just maybe, there's a reason why I can't get over you. That somehow all this pain will be worth it in the end, and you'll realize that you love me more than her."

But who is she kidding? Nothing was ever easy with them, at least not since they shared their first kiss.

And instead of saying anything else Yongsun tried to walk away.

"We broke up." Yongsun heard Byul say. She stopped her tracks, but she didn't look back.

And for a split second Yongsun's eyes lit up with hope, but God knows how many times Byul's words have given her hope.

"But you want her back, don't you?" Yongsun couldn't hide the bitterness and sadness in her voice even if she tried.

Byul was tempted to lie, but decided against it. "Yeah", she whispered. "I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter