Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun's POV:

I wanted to wait for Byul to come back, we haven't spoken since we had an argument the last time, but when I stepped outside their apartment Wheein was already there.

"Yongsun-unnie." Wheein was quick to acknowledge my presence.

"Wheein-ah." I replied. "What are you doing here outside?" I ask, even though the answer to my question was very obvious.

She sighs. "I'm waiting for her to come back." she answers.

I wanted to wait for her too. But I don't think she can handle talking to both of us in the same night. "Ah. I see...I better go home then."

She seemed surprise at my decision, I guess she knows I was supposed to wait for Byul too. "Aren't you going to sleepover?"

I shake my head. "I have a project due tomorrow." I reasoned, and while that's completely true, I just want to avoid the awkwardness and give Wheein and Byul their space; by the time Byul comes home the rest of our friends will probably be passed out, and I don't want to be the last man standing at the party as Wheein and Byul talk it out. I'd rather take my thoughts home. "I honestly don't think I could pass it on time but I at least have to try." I chuckled.

Despite my reasoning, she looked grateful to me.

"See you tomorrow." I said, bidding her my goodbye.

I didn't expect her to hug me, but it only took a second for me to reciprocate.

I was about to pull away but she tightened the hug. "I missed you. I'm sorry." She whispered to me.

I didn't know what to feel. The last time we really talked was at Sowon's.

I missed her too.

But I didn't know what she's sorry for. Was she sorry that we came to this point? Because I am too.

Or was she sorry that she got mad for that kiss? I think it was the former.

I pulled away. I just nodded and smiled rather sadly. "Be safe. I'm pretty sure they'd be here any minute now."

She tucked the strands of her hair behind her ear and unconsciously the side of her lips. She always does that. "Take care." 

How I wish I stayed that night. Things might have been different.

But I didn't.

And I lost her.

They're together now.

Byul has a girlfriend now.

I finally got my answer; she loves Wheein more, just as I suspected; the moment Wheein realizes her feelings for Byul I'd be put on the sidelines. And I've never hated to be right as much as I do now.

I've lost a lot of sleep lately, and I shed a lot of tears. I can't keep on doing this anymore. I needed to somehow move on.

I can't keep on feeling this way anymore because I feel so alone. I know now that I am alone in a love affair meant for two people. I had to move on even though it felt like she's the one for me. Even if I thought somehow, even if she loved someone else, we'd still end up together.

"Yong" it's weird to feel so much pleasure in hearing my own name, or maybe it has just something to do with the voice who said it. She must've waited for my class to be over. "Can we talk?" she asks.

But I didn't want to talk. I just wanted to be alone. How ironic.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I questioned. Sue me for not bothering to hide my pain.

"Because I didn't know how to say it." She answered simply but with full sympathy, and I hated it. "I'm sorry." But I hated her apology even more. She makes me feel really pathetic right now.

I felt lost at the moment; not really noticing the people that exists around me. It's not like I cared. All I heard was the sound of my heart shattering to pieces because she chose her; she chose her over me.

I tried, I at least did something to make 'us' work while Wheein was taking her time sorting her feelings but she got the girl.

And I'm left out in the cold.

"I'm sorry." She repeated. I hate her for apologizing. I hate it because she always say sorry and it always remind me that she did something wrong to me. "But you have to know..." That she loved me? I know that. I felt that. I didn't need to hear it. Not now. I can't bear to hear it or else I'll kiss her and I'll have to say sorry even if I wouldn't mean it.

So I just nodded, because I knew what she's going to say.

"I'm fine. i'm going to be okay" I said calmly as possible, although I feel something else, a mix of regret, pain, and longing. That sadness that someone would feel if they'd lost something they never had; that kind of sadness. "But you should've just told me a little sooner. You should've at least warned me; given me a heads up. You owe me that."

The fact alone that Byul initiated the meeting, I knew there was something going on. She's going to break a news to us that I wouldn't like; little did I know that she'll break my heart too. They were at the Circle already when I arrived, it was around lunch time.

"She's here. What's the big announcement, Byul-ssi?" Hyejin said with a slight nervousness in her tone. That made me even more curious. Why would she be nervous? Does she have an idea too?

I just hoped it doesn't concern what happened on Seulgi's party or whatsoever.

"Yeah." She cleared . "Yong, take a seat first, please." Her eye contact with Wheein didn't go unnoticed, I sat at the space between Seulgi and Hyejin.

"I'm..." Her jaw clenched. She looked at Hyejin, and then at the rest of our friends; whatever she was about to say, she didn't look as confident as she was before, but she still looked determined to say it. "I'm dating someone."

Sowon and Seulgi gasped. Minhyuk was a bit surprised. "Who?" he asked.

Hyejin looked at me, silently asking if I know something about it.

I can't be possibly unaware that I was the girlfriend, can I? So that should've been my warning, but I didn't want to lose hope that easily.

There heart felt heavy when Moonbyul beamed a smile at Wheein as she proudly smiled back and nodded in encouragement.

That should've been my second warning, but my hopeful heart just wouldn't let me rest.

And when everyone thought they couldn't be mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter