The Favor

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein's POV:

Byul has been constantly texting me for the last three days, but I haven't replied because I didn't know what to say. What do people usually say to their girlfriends when they find out that she kissed your best friend? I have the right to be mad right? Like she said, it happened before we broke up.

And it couldn't have not meant something. If it didn't mean anything she would've told me.

I hate that I have to fight with my friends for her attention. I hate how everyone seems too see how amazing she is and anytime they can steal her away from me. And I hate how she somehow lets them.

She kissed Hyejin while we're in a relationship. And I'm just hoping that she didn't do it with Yongsun-unnie too. I wouldn't be surprised if she did, but disappointment would be the biggest understatement of how I'd feel.

I'm just glad that she didn't insist on talking to me too much. I needed time to think.

But before I could form another thought I was snapped out when I heard a knock on the door.

"Wheein, it's me." a muffled voice came from the other side of the door, which I instantly recognized. Its the only voice I could here at night besides mine. "You're not replying to any of my text so I thought-" she stopped mid-sentence when I opened the door and our eyes met, she obviously didn't expect me to open the door for her.

"Come in." I said, but she just stared at me and stood still. I looked at her expectantly, "Byul, are you coming in or not?" I asked as I moved aside motioning her to enter.

She then immediately stepped in my room, like she was worried that I'd change my mind.

I closed the door and looked at her expectantly, prodding her to say what she has to say.

"You've been crying." She observed, probably noticing the bags under my eyes and how reddish my eyes were.

I didn't answer. There's no point denying the obvious.

She sighed. "It's because I've hurt you so much..." it wasn't a question, but rather an acknowledgement, and sadly, it was a hundred percent accurate.

"Yes." I replied, causing her to frown. 

"I'm sorry." She said for about a hundredth time now.

I leaned against the door, gripping the doorknob with my hands behind me. "I've heard that before." I replied.

She took a deep breath. "Look, Wheein, you have every right to be mad at me. I'm not going to make up any excuses."

"Good. Because I don't want to hear it." I said; harsher than I intended. I'm just tired, because since I found out about their kiss, my mind has been making up excuses for her. But I could never understand why she did it still if she really loved me. 

"I've been thinking." She started, and just by hearing the tone of her voice, I knew that I should tell her what I've decided first.  

"Me too." I replied.

And as if sensing what I was about to say, she quickly said "I want you." before I could say anything else.

I don't think she realize how much her words affected me. She didn't know how long I've been waiting to hear that from her ever since we broke up. But it's too late, I've already made up my mind. I shook my head. "No, Byul-."

"You said you need to know what I want and I want you, Wheein-ah." She said with conviction, looking straight into my eyes.

"Don't." I said. She couldn't possibly made up her mind within the span of three days.

"I'm in love with you, like I have always been." Byul continued.

"You don't get to say that." I was really trying to be as calm as possible but she's making it hard for me. "Not when you're not completely over Yongsun-ah or Hyejin-ah or whoever it is that you're still hung up with."

Byul shakes her head, "They are both our best friends, Wheein. That's all there is."

"That's bull, and you know it! We both know you and Yongsun are more than that. You were never just friends." She's not even acknowledging the problem; as if disregarding and denying her feelings would make it go away.

She didn't say anything. But I could see in her eyes that there was guilt caving in.

"I wanted so bad to hold on, Byul. I swear. I just..." I just wish you didn't made me fall for you before you were sure of what you really wanted; I wish she figured out her feelings first.

"You just what?" She looked confused- frustrated, even.

"I can't ignore how much Yongsun-unnie loves you. And how Hyejin tries to hold back her feelings for you and me." I think my voice cracked before I could even finish my sentence. "I can see how they look at you. And I can't keep turning a blind eye knowing full well that my happiness causes pain to my best friends. " I explained.

She shakes her head. "Are we supposed to sacrifice our happiness, then?" Byul questions, her expression was a mixture of sadness and confusion.

"We're all supposed to be happy..." I answered, I'm hoping that there's some other way that we can all end up happy, but right now I couldn't think of a solution tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter