The Reunion

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk's POV:

We're all here, by some miracle; we're all finally together in Seulgi and Byul's living room.

Irene came home last night, so Seulgi hosted a welcoming party for her.

I expected it to be fun and light hearted, yet intimate, like all our other parties, but tension has been a constant part of our group, nowadays, and today was no different.

I'm really surprised that all of us showed up; I'm betting all of us wanted to see if this -whatever it is that's going on- can still be fixed; that after all this havoc, we can still find some normalcy, we can be friends, just like old times.

Sowon's POV:

It's weird; all of us being here. Never in a million years did I think that it would be possible for all of us to be in the same room and not be happy. It's awkward, to say the least. Everyone's testing the waters. All we ever manage to have are small talks. Everyone knows that something isn't right but no one is brave enough to admit it. We're all pretending that everything's fine again.

Joohyun-unnie was telling stories about her college life away from home; Seulgi was more like staring at her than actually listening, to be honest. Minhyuk looks like he's actually listening, but the rest of us are just pretending to listen; they were too busy stealing glances at each other. And I can see it all.

"Anyways," Irene-unnie said clasping her hands together, "enough about me. Who wants to share a story next?" But nobody seemed to be interested in sharing one for obvious reasons.

"This is lame." Seulgi said bluntly with a frown, and Irene-ssi was about to react but Seulgi quickly clarified, "Not your story, Babe." she then turned to us, "You guys are total downers." Of course, if anyone would speak her mind its going to be Seulgi.

"Seulgi's right. Its about time we have some fun. How about we play a game? " Minhyuk-oppa suggested. "Spin the bottle."

Ah. The infamous spin the bottle.

"Too cliché if you ask me." Seulgi deadpanned.

"How about a game of truth or dare?" I suggested next, trying to contribute to the conversation.

"How about just the truth?" Yongsun-unnie remarked. We all turned our heads in her direction, knowing that this is going to be anything but fun.

"Yong..." Byul-ssi started in a warning tone but she was quickly cut off.

"-What?" Yongsun-ssi asked defensively- well, more like offensively, considering how agressive she looks. "We obviously lack honesty in this group. That's probably why this friendship is such a mess." she says, looking intenly at Hyejin, "Right, Hyejin?"

Wheein stared expectantly at Byul, silently asking for an explanation but unnie only stared back at her apologetically. I think it might probably involve Hyejin's feelings for Byul-unnie; it's the only reason I could think of. Otherwise, Yongsun-ssi wouldn't be this pissed.

"Yongsun-ssi, please." Hyejin said pleadingly, slightly confirming my conclusion.

"What's going on?" Wheein asked, directing her question at Hyejin, but Hyejin couldn't even look at her straight in the eyes.

"I don't think that's a very fun game either, Yongsun." Seulgi comments, trying to stir the conversation, but Yongsun-unnie doesn't look like she was going to back down.

"Who said this is about fun?" I've never seen Yongsun-unnie this upset before.

"Yongsun-ssi, not now." Hyejin's eyes were pleading but her tone was more authoritative.

"You're the one who said that it'd be better if there would be no more secrets between us, isn't that right, Hyejin?" Yongsun fired back.

Byul stood up from her seat, "Yong, stop it." she said.

Yongsun-unnie smirked, ignoring Byul-unnie, and looking at Hyejin instead, "You gave me truth when I didn't ask for it. And now that I'm asking you to tell everyone else the truth, it's suddenly not a good idea? Why, Hyejin? Because you know it's going to hurt Wheein? Because my feelings aren't as important as hers?"

"That's not true." Byul-unnie and Hyejin answered in unison.

Yongsun-unnie stood up as well as she headed towards the door, but Wheein stopped her.

"Don't leave. If you're so eager to let us know the truth, then say it." Wheein said, gripping Yongsun's arm, just tight enough to stop her from walking away, but gentle enough not to hurt her. They were both looking at each other intently.

Yongsun-ssi's eyes trailed down on Wheein's shaky hands and Yong's eyes softens, as if conflicted whether to tell her or not.

"Wheein, let's talk in private, please?" Byul pleaded before Yongsun can answer, but the Wheein completely ignored her.

Hyejin couldn't hold her tears anymore and a sob escaped her lips.

"Why are you crying?" Wheein asked, freeing her grip from Yongsun-ssi, and facing Hyejin instead. "Hyejin-ah, answer me." Wheein looked desperate, and Hyejin obviously wanted to tell her but she obviously couldn't hurt her like that.

And before Hyejin can react, Byul-unnie carried Wheein in bridal style, leading her towards her room.

Good thing, Wheein didn't try break free.

"Yonsgun, that was uncalled for." Joohyun-ssi said straightforward, when Byul and Wheein were out of sight.

Yongsun-unnie just laughed humorlessly. "Because it's not okay hurting someone else's feelings but mine, right?"

"That's not true." Seulgi said with conviction.

"How dare you cry?" Yongsun-unnie asked, directing the question at Hyejin who was being comforted by me and Minhyuk-oppa. The waver in her voice didn't go unnoticed. She's obviously feeling a little guilty that Hyejin's crying but she's acting tough.

"What's going on?" I couldn't help it anymore. We're part of this group too, and Seulgi and Joohyun-ssi obviously knows something, leaving me and Minhyuk-ssi, the only ones that are clueless about the situation. "You can't expect us to just stand here and watch you cry and argue. You have to let us know what's going on."

Yongsun sighed. "Why don't you tell them, Hyejin?", but Hyejin just kept on crying.

Byul's POV:

"What made Yongsun-unnie so upset? Please, tell me because I can't help but think of these different scenarios and none of it is good. What does Hyejin have to do with you?" Wheein pleaded desperately, there were tears threatening to escape her eyes, but she's holding them back.

I'm pretty sure those scenarios in her head aren't too far from the truth which made it even worse. I wanted to hug her but I know she would just push me away because it isn't what she needs from me right now.

"We kissed." I confessed. "I kissed Hyejin." I clarified.

She breathed heavily. She didn't say a word for a minute; I could see so many emotions flash her eyes that I couldn't single one out. "It's not like we're still together, right? It definitely didn't happen when we were still together...right?" She asked hopefully -almost pleading - even though I could see in her eyes that she already know the answer.

I wanted to say yes, but I couldn't even just nod. I know it would've saved her pain, everything could've been a little bit better, but she deserved the truth.

She shook her head when she saw the guilt in my eyes. I know she was intently looking at me, wanting to meet my eyes but I couldn't do the same, so my eyes wandered the room. "Look at me, please. Tell me you didn't cheat on me." Wheein begged.

I looked up right after she said it. "I would never cheat on you." Was that considered cheating? I know that what I did was wrong but I didn't cheat on her. "It wasn't like that. It didn't-" I tried to explain.

"It obviously meant something. You would've told me if it didn't." s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter