I Know

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun's POV:

We were sat on one of the tables at the mall's food court, discussing about random things, or at least Seulgi and Hyejin are, I have other things on my mind- someone- to be more specific.

I'm glad I agreed to come with Hyejin and Seulgi on a friendly date. I enjoy their company and it's a great distraction from the constant pain that I always feel whenever I think of Byul, although every now and then, I can't help but think of her because arcades was kind of our thing, and movies, and eating cotton candies.

They let me decide what we were supposed to do since according to them I'm the one who needs comfort. But it's not like I could do much; everything that I find comfort from, I shared it with Byul, or at least I used to, and I mean them in every sense of the phrase.

The attention that Moonbyul used to give me, Hyejin's giving it to me now. And I don't know if I should be glad or sad, because now I think that Hyejin's only doing it because she pities me; and I hate the feeling of it. But I hate myself more because I can't just be happy that my friends are here for me, trying to cheer me up, and if I'm being really honest, I don't think I can; because I want her to be here too.

"Earth to Yongsun..." Seulgi said, snapping her fingers in front of me; trying to get my attention.

"Yeah, what?" I asked, when I was snapped out of my reverie.

"You spaced out, all of a sudden." Hyejin said as she observes me further. "What are you thinking?"

"I was just thinking..." I trailed off, trying to think of a good excuse.

"...of a good answer that isn't Byul?" Seulgi asked knowingly. I was about to deny it but Seulgi shakes her head.

"Okay, just to be clear, it's not a choice but a requirement that you stop thinking about her, Yongsun-ssi." Hyejin said dramatically matching her animated gestures before I could even protest.

I sighed in defeat, realizing that there's no use in denying it. "But that's the thing. I..." I started as I think of the right words that actually makes sense. "I think about her more, because I try hard not to think about her. Do you get what I'm trying to say?"

"The more you try to not think of her, the more you actually think about her?" Hyejin clarified in a questioning manner.

"Exactly." I agreed.

"So we're failing at cheering you up, huh?" Seulgi asked, trying not to sound sad but her tone betrayed her.

"No!" I said quickly. "You're helping me, and I'm really glad for this date." I tried to reassure them, because I'm really grateful for their efforts. "It's not you guys..." I trailed off. "It's me and my stupid heart." I grumbled.

Hyejin sighed in frustration but I can sense that she doesn't want us to notice.

There's really something about Hyejin that's pulling my attention. I can feel that there's something that she's not saying.

My mind came across our previous conversation where she said that she doesn't like anyone, but I know better. She wouldn't be like this if she didn't liked anyone.

I know that this date's main purpose was to distract me from my problems but it looks like Hyejin needs it just as much as I do.

I see a frown on her face every now and then. She seemed bothered about something and I'm eager to know what it's about, but knowing Hyejin, it might take a little more time to figure out what it is.

Sometimes I really think that she likes Byul though, it sounds ridiculous to me but I can't help but think about it. Maybe it's in the way she says her name, or the way she hates seeing Byul and Wheein together, just as much. She may not say it vocally but it's obvious in the way she looks at them sometimes. Or it could also be that I'm being just paranoid- but still, I can't seem to shake the idea off sometimes.

And it's really not helping that she's like this right now because Byul happened to be our topic, she's spaced out; her mind travelling miles away from here. And I might never know what about.

"That's it." Seulgi said slamming the table with her hands, breaking both Hyejin and I out of our trance.

Hyejin was even startled.

"Seul," Hyejin groaned.

"Enough of this, we can't have a date while I," she stood up and pointing her index finger on herself, "am in Earth, while you two," then she pointed at us for dramatic effect, "are on your own worlds thinking about God knows who."

"Don't use the name of God in vain." Hyejin said with an exasperated sigh without looking at her.

"My bad." Seulgi admits raising both her hands. "But seriously, what are you two thinking about? You might want to fill me in." Seulgi said mostly directing at Hyejin.

"I'm not...thinking about anything." Hyejin said with a slight pause, as if contemplating how much truth she's willing to spill out.

"You're not very good at lying." Seulgi stated matter-of-factly.

"I just think that you should," she was looking at me, "you should probably talk to her, Yong-unnie." She answered.

I raised my eyebrows. "About what?"

"I don't know. What do you want to talk to her about?" she asked casually.

"Nothing." I answered in almost a whisper.

"It doesn't look like nothing." Hyejin said matter-of-factly.

And before I knew it Seulgi was dialing some number, which I'm almost sure belongs to Byulyi.

"Stop that" I said as I stood up and try to reach for Seulgi's phone, but Hyejin stood up too and grabbed the phone from Seulgi's hands to hinder me from getting a hold of it.

"Hyejin-ah," I pleaded her to hand it to me.

I saw the phone light up as cue that someone answered already and that I was too late, Hyejin then placed it near her ear. "Hi...Byul-ssi?...Yeah, Seulgi is here...I borrowed her phone...You seem disappointed to hear my voice instead of hers" then she giggled, seemingly enjoying their conversation.

Seulgi, who was now sitting again, cleared reminding Hyejin of their goal while I just stood there without nothing much to do about the situation. Hyejin then her serious face again, "Uhm, anyways, we called to ask you if you're available today?...As in right now...Because. We haven't spent much time together..." then she frowned, I guess she declined, "Oh...no, no....it's okay, we don't want to disturb your quality time...no, it's okay" I know that Byul is with Wheein right now, judging the way Hyejin's smile faltered; I couldn't help but notice that she always somehow mirrors my reaction when it comes to Byul and Wheein.

Then it clicked.

Could it be that Hyejin likes Wheein instead?

It makes much more sense since they're much more closer, and have been friends since forever.

Seulgi grabbed her phone cutting Hyejin off, "No, Byul, you need to come here , I need you right now; can you spend time with your girlfriend some other time? I need to tell you something. Please?" I don't think Byul had the chance to reply at how fast Seulgi talked. "I'm at the mall's food court...usual mall." Then she ended the call.

I shook my head in disbelief and before I knew it, Seulgi was dragging Hyejin away, "Hey!"

I hold onto Hyejin's wrist quickly. "Where are the two of you planning to go?"

"I really enjoyed our date and stuff but wait for Byul here and talk to her. I don't even know what about...but have a closure or something; do whatever, just clear things up." Seulgi said.

"Please wait for her. And don't you ever pretend that everything is alright. Love ya, bye!" Hyejin added.

Seulgi winked at me as they walked- sprinted away.

A part of me wanted to follow them, or just go home straight. I could easily just leave; it's not like they locked me in a chair or something...but a big part of me wanted this.

I want to see her.

I want to talk to her.

I want to hear her voice.

I want her...still.

So I stayed and waited.

-----------

Byul's POV:

Something's unusual about what just happened.

First off, Seulgi needs me and Wheein can't be there, but Hyejin can, which is definitely unusual, she usually prefer Wheein instead of Hyejin because of the scolding that Hyejin puts her through when she do something stupid.

"Hey, Babe." I said as I sat beside Wheein on the couch with her. Her hair was fixed in a messy bun with her big glasses on, watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter