Just A Hug

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul's POV:

I was surprised to see Wheein was standing by the door frame with her arms crossed, it was around 8 pm so I didn't expect any visitors, so I was taken aback. "Wheein-ah."

"It's good to know you still know my name." she teased with a hint of sarcasm.

"What do you need?" I questioned, although I have a pretty good idea what her answer will be.

"You know exactly why I'm here." She asserted. "What did I do wrong now? I thought we were okay." she ranted.

"And we are." I said in a matter-of-factly way.

"Then why are you acting this way?" she questioned in a defeated tone, as she tried to maintain eye contact with me.

I realized she was still standing outside my room so I gestured her to come in and closed my door as she entered.

"Byul-ah."

"I was pissed, okay? Don't I have any right to be in a bad mood now?" I asked sarcastically.

"But why?" she asked, frustrated that she didn't know what she did wrong. "What did I do?"

"Why do you assume that my emotions always concern you? Just so you know; my world doesn't revolve around you." I said a little bit harsher than I intended.

I regretted it as soon as I saw the hurt in her eyes, but I couldn't take it back because my pride got the better of me. She smiled while shaking her head, her dimple taking a peek.

I didn't say anything and looked away instead.

"You talked to every single one of our friends earlier, you didn't seem to be in a bad mood. But when it comes to me, you act so...cold. I was lucky enough to get a complete sentence from you. Worse, earlier you even acted like I wasn't there." She complained. "Now tell me that it doesn't concern me."

"I'm just not in the mood of talking to you right now, okay?" I was trying to tell her to just drop it. Right now my mind is clouded with jealousy, because I couldn't stop thinking about Taehyung hugging her in front of everyone and her hugging him back.

I get it, she doesn't like me back; but my wound is so fresh, I told her I love her not even a month ago...

"You are really hard to understand sometimes." She said as she shook her head out of frustration.

"Thanks for reminding me. You can always walk out, you know?" I replied sarcastically.

She took a deep breath, trying to extend her patience, before speaking. "Are you just playing with me? Is all of this some kind of a joke?" she questioned.

I wanted to say yes; I wanted to save face and take back what I said when I told her I love her but I know if I ever do that, it would ruin everything between us even more. I know I would hurt her. So I decided to be honest. "Why would I joke about something like that?"

"Then why do I feel like I mean nothing to you. Sometimes you make me feel so special yet sometimes you make me feel like ." she croaked, I almost slapped myself for making her feel that way. I suddenly feel guilty for sending her mixed signals.

"I didn't mean to make you feel that way." I said sincerely. "I just don't know how to act around you anymore." I admitted honestly in a gentler manner.

I want to act like nothing happened so that it wouldn't feel awkward but it is so hard to pretend that I don't love her when it's all I could think about. I kept being reminded of the rejection and how much it hurts.

"I understand if you needed your space." Wheein states, her voice full of understanding. "I can give you space if you want it, but at least tell me. That's all I'm asking from you; tell me the reason why you're going to do it, instead of avoiding me."

The funny thing is that I'd rather be hurt over and over again if it meant that she'll always be by my side. I didn't want space, what I needed was time. I needed time to accept the reality, to adjust to our situation that she doesn't like me back. "That's not what I want. I just wasn't in the mood earlier, okay?"

She shook her head. Something in her eyes s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter