Private Confrontations

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung asked Wheein to go out for coffee and since Wheein didn't have a better thing to do she agreed to it. She thought it would take her mind of a certain person, but it has been 20 minutes and she is still all Wheein could think about.

Wheein's POV:

"Wheein, you know that I don't mind talking as long as I know you're listening." Taehyung said that snapped me out of my thoughts.

"What are you trying to pull off back there?" I didn't have to specify what I was referring to. I didn't want to bring it up but he might do it again if we don't talk about it.

"So this is what it's all about." He concluded and sighed. "You're the one who didn't argue when she referred to this as a date." True. But he insinuated it, I just didn't want to embarass him in front of Hyejin and Byul.

"You know very well that I wasn't planning on approaching them." I pointed out instead.

"I know-" I didn't give him a chance to give me a lame excuse. We both know why he did it.

"Plus, you placed your arm around me. What did you expect she would think?" I added. Yes, maybe I want to see some reaction from Byul. I want to see if she cares if I go on dates. But I don't want her to think that I'm trying to replace her too soon. Besides, I know how Byul gets when it comes to Taehyung.

"Who cares what she thinks? You're not together anymore." He said, annoyance laced his voice, but he made an effort to hide it, at least. "You shouldn't care." He mumbled.

I didn't know what annoyed me, the fact that he's pointing it out or the fact that its true. Taehyung saying it, made it feel more real though. We're not together anymore. And I hate it. The worst part is that I was the one who called the shot.

I stood up from my seat across him and headed to the exit but he stopped me. "Don't." he said in urgency, I looked at him and I was surprised to see that his eyes were pleading. "Please stay. Please. Just give me a chance." And I knew that we weren't just talking about staying at the cafe anymore.

I shook my head, because I couldn't get myself to reject him verbally.

He released my hand but I stayed still at my place.

"Just listen to me. Please, let's go back to our seat." He requested, and I obliged.

"You can't expect me to get over her that fast, Tae." I stated before anything else. I wanted to make that clear. "Right now, what I need is a friend."

"And I know that. I'm willing to wait. But at least be with me, when you're with me." he requested. "You're here, but your mind is always wandering and that's what I can't accept." He observed.

I feel like a bad person for putting him in this position. I didn't want to string him along, but avoiding him would be just as bad. "I'm sorry." I apologized; he didn't deserve it. "But I need you to understand that I'm not looking for someone to love, Byul and I....we're not really over until she says so."

"That's stupid." He didn't bother to hide his annoyance now. "I can see it, Wheein. You always feel jealous when she's with your other friends and I think we both know why. I'd never make you feel jealous. I'd make you feel so loved that you wouldn't think even for once that I'd ever find someone better than you." He promised as he reached for my hand.

I still love Taehyung. He'll always be special to me. So I wasn't surprised when my heart almost melts from his words. But things are different now. "This is not a good idea." I stood up once again and headed to the exit, and this time he didn't stop me.

Just as I stepped outside, I saw Byulyi leaning on her car on the other side of the road.

I decided to walk away as fast as I could and pretend that I didn't see her but our eyes met before I could even take another step.

"Wheein." She called out as she walked towards me.

"You're here." I stated as she approached me.

"I'll drive you home." She states with finality; it wasn't even an offer. 

"There's no need for that." I hear another voice say before I could respond. I didn't have to look behind me to know that it was Taehyung. I cursed under my breath, they always heads whenever they meet. "I'll drive her home." Taehyung stated, placing a hand on my waist. And of course Byul's eyes trailed at the gesture.

"Taehyung...." I warned him. But he didn't remove his hand.

"I need to talk to you." Byul said, pretending that Taehyung is non-existent. "We need to talk."

"We're on a date, Byul-ssi. I'm sure it can wait." Taehyung said with conviction, and I noticed Byul's annoyance growing by the second.

"Really?" Byul smirks, "Because the way I see it, she was about to bail on you." she comments.

"Will you two stop it?" I said, trying not to sound harsh. The last thing I want is to see them fighting on the streets.

"I'll wait for you in the car." Byul declared, not waiting for my response and turned her heels towards her car.

"Don't tell me you're following her." Taehyung said, as if it's the most ridiculous thing to do.

"I'm not going to follow anyone." I said looking straight into his eyes. "But Byul and I really do need to talk." I reasoned.

"Seriously?" he asked incredulously, "She will just keep hurting you, and you keep on letting her do so."

"You make it sound like she means it." I replied. I agree that I'm hurting, but it isn't anyone's fault. No one wanted this. I'm sure its difficult for Moonbyul too.

"Well, doesn't she?" he asked, his voice rising in frustration.

"We'll talk some other time." I said before turning my back on him. He won't listen to my reasoning and I don't plan on listening on his opinions; we'll talk some other time.

I entered Byul's car but none of us is saying a word. I figured its because she's still riled up because of her encounter with Taehyung. She never really liked talking when she's ticked off.

So I decided that I'd take the initiative to break the silence. "I thought you were going to say something."

She let out a huff. "Are you really on a date with him?"

"Really? That's the first thing you're going to say?" I asked incredulously.

"You should've at least informed me." she said ignoring my question.

"What for? We're not together anymore." I said crossing my arms. Okay, maybe that was a little harsh. I saw a glint of hurt in her expression from the rear view mirror and I suddenly felt guilty. "I'm sorry."

Her eyes stayed focus on the road. "It's okay" She answered dismissively.

I let out a sigh due to frustration. She said we need to talk, and yet won't even talk to me. "I hate you." I mumbled, but we both know I didn't mean that.

"Welcome to the club." She retorted.

"If I would've known that you're going to be like this, I would've taken Taehyung's offer to drive me home instead." I said in annoyance because she's making this communication thing hard for me.

Byul then parked the car, she knew this conversation wouldn't go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter