First Love

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First love: it isn't the first person you kiss, or the first person you date. It's the person that you'll always compare everyone to. The person that you'll never truly get over with, even when you have convinced yourself that you've moved on.

Moonbyul's POV:

I know that I still love, Yongsun. I can't deny that. I still care for her the way that I used to. But whatever kept me from holding on before is now gone. I know that we aren't meant to be more than friends. I've come to accept that.

Ever since she shifted course we haven't talked much; although we both act as if we never parted whenever we see each other again, my heart longed her. And it just wasn't the same for me; because I was so used to her presence, and now I barely see her. I thought it was for the best; not seeing her too much, I thought it would help me forget my feelings for her easier; at some point it did.

But then again, looking at her right at this moment with the brightness of the moon, lighting her face, I'm starting to think that I haven't let go at all.

It's the first time that we're alone together. And it's the first time that I'm reminded of how much I really missed her. I miss her running in my mind and imagining all the conversations that never came true.

My feelings are blurred right now, if I'm being honest. Opposite to how I felt when I was talking to Wheein. There's this empty spot that Yongsun fits in and I wouldn't know what might have been. So I'm scared that if I let her go now, I'd never get the chance again.

"So...I can see that you and Wheein are close now, huh?" Yongsun said with an uncertain tone.

I caressed the back of my neck. "Yeah, kind of."

There was silence between us. Silence; that's new. I remember back then, I used to beg for it when we're together.

"Why are you smiling?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing." I answered. "You have something to say, right?" I asked, redirecting our conversation.

"Yeah." She breathed. "I was just checking how you are."

"This late? Seriously?" I asked, not convinced.

"You texted me, remember?" She smirked. Oh. Right. I was not in my right mind earlier, and decided to text her.

"I did my project due tomorrow with my group mates that's why it's already late when I came, so I'm sorry." She was looking at the ground.

"You came...because I texted you a sad face?" I asked amused.

"I was worried, okay? You'd probably do the same." Aria pouted.

I smiled. "Of course I would. And I would've come the moment I received your text." I said matter-of-factly.

She smiled back. "I know." She whispered. I wish she also knew the reason I know that would mess things up now.

"I just missed you actually." I lied. But it was sincere at the same time.

"Miss Moon Byulyi misses me." She repeated, seemingly saying it more to herself.

"Oh please. As if I don't tell you that." I whined.

"Well, it's always better to hear it personally. Especially when you sound like you really mean it." She reasoned.

"I mean it every single time, Yong." I said truthfully and sincerely.

She just smiled. "I really thought something bad happened. I guess Wheein already helped you with it?" she sounded sure, yet she seemed as if she's waiting for me to confirm it.

"Yeah." That's all I'm gonna say. I didn't have to say that Wheein was the main problem in the first place. Or at least I didn't want to tell her. I used to be honest with her, but something at the back of my mind is telling me that now is not the right time to be honest.

"That's it? Aren't you going to tell me what it's about?" she said pouting her lips. I saw a hint of disappointment in her eyes for a second, but it was replaced with a smile just as fast.

I just shrugged.

"I guess my efforts are worthless, huh?" she said it like she was telling it to herself, but she really wanted me to hear it.

"Oh come on. Don't be such a Drama Queen. You might catch a cold here, let's go inside." I said not wanting the gloomy aura to penetrate.

"Nevermind. You know what? I'm going home." She said, obviously annoyed. She attempted to walk away but of course, I wouldn't let her do that.

I hold her wrist. "Come on, Yong. Let's go talk inside." I said almost begging.

She seemed surprised that I practically sounded desperate. "Are you sure we're going to talk about it?"

"No. We're going to just stare at each other the whole night." I rolled my eyes at her. I was being sarcastic but I could so totally do that.

She crossed her arms. "I don't get you lately."

"I'd be surprised if you get me, Yongsun." I said mockingly.

"And here I was thinking that you've changed." Solar said rolling her eyes at me.

I laughed. "I'll always be your Byul." I said absent-mindedly. I saw her tense up. That's when I realized what I've just said. For the second time, there was silence polluting the air.

There was a staring contest...until Yongsun decided to break the silence. "You do realize how sickeningly greasy that sounded right?" she asked bluntly. I would probably feel all kinds of nervous if it wasn't for the sweet smile plastered on her face.

"I'm greasy like that." I shrugged. "Now, can we please go inside?" I asked trying to push aside what I've just uttered.

"You're so weird." she mumbles.

Yongsun's POV:

"I don't really get it. Why do we have to stay here anyways?" Byul asked impatiently as usual. I don't know why she acts so impatient when she's with me. All she ever does is complain here and there. My theory is that she does that to annoy me; she likes teasing me, and irritating me; unfortunately, it's her favorite hobby.

"I asked you if you want to go to the grill, and you said no. So deal with the heat." I reasoned.

"Well, that's because I thought we're going home if we didn't go there." She said rolling her eyes at me.

"You'd probably not even say a word if it's Irene who asked you to stay here." I mumbled to myself.

Unfortunately, Byul heard it. "That's because she's Irene, Yongsun." She said matter-of-factly. Obviously trying to mock me.

"That's the point. Why do you people always give her special treatment? It's sickeningly unfair." I complained, it's like she has a crush on her or something.

I heard her giggle. A smile stayed on her face while looking at me intently. "I like teasing you. Do you know that?" she asked happily.

I rolled my eyes. "You're rubbing it on my face; of course I know that. That's practically the most obvious thing in the world." I stated that made her laugh again. She's so annoying.

"Let's go." She said grabbing my wrist.

"Where are we going?" I asked irritably.

"The Grill. I can't stand the heat here. You could've at least chosen a place where there's shade." She whined.

"It's a park, Byul. What do you expect? An air conditioner? Is it my fault that there are not many trees in here?" I said reasoning with her.

"Whatever. It's still your fault no matter what." She declared, not giving me any time to respond.

I just rolled my eyes.

Her grip never left my wrist until we were in front of The Grill.

We just stood there.

"You're not planning to go inside?" I asked her curiously since she didn't show any intention to.

She shook her head. "What for? It's not like I'm going to eat or anything." She said and I stare at her in disbelief. She noticed the way I look at her, "What?"

"So you're telling me that we went here for nothing?" I asked arching my eyebrow.

"Isn't it obvious enough that I don't want crowded places that much?" she answered me with a rhetorical question. "Don't worry, I bet Eric is going here instead of the lame park."

"If I didn't see him today, I'll hate you forever." I said crossing my arms.

She rolled her eyes at me. "He'd be here." She said knowingly.

I looked at her suspiciously. "And how can you be so sure?"

"My instincts are telling me so." She said proudly.

I looked at her in disbelief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter