My Best Friend's Girlfriend

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul's POV:

"Babe, what's wrong?" Wheein asked. I noticed how she didn't even ask if something is wrong; she alreayd know that there's something not right; that's how obviously distracted I've been.

I'm here at the mall with my girlfriend but I'm having flashbacks of some other girl- although...but she's not just another girl; she's Yongsun, my first love.

I couldn't get her out of my head. It happened all so fast but at the same time, it felt like it was in slow motion.

"Just Seulgi." I lied, because how could I not? Telling the truth meant ruining my girlfriend's satisfied smile as she indulge herself with our favorite chicken feet.

"Why? What did you two talked about earlier?" she asked curiously.

I shook my head, lacking of words.

She brought her chopsticks down to give me her full attention. "Is it about Irene?"

I want to tell her what really happened but I don't know if she'd understand. Heck, I don't even know what just happened.

I'm conflicted as to what to tell Wheein, I didn't notice that I was holding my chopsticks too tight until I saw Wheein staring at it. 
"If she doesn't want me to know then it's okay." She assured.

But it's not okay.

"It isn't Seulgi…" I said as guilt finally hit me harder than I can take. "I didn't saw her." I confessed.

Maybe it was just me but she didn't seem too surprised. "What's bothering you then?" She asks, but if her tone is any indication, she already knows.

"Yong." Her face didn't fell, instead, it became softer.

"What did she…what did you two talked about? If I may ask." There wasn't any trace of accusation in her voice, and I should be happy about it but she's being too perfect and I'm being guiltier for just even thinking of kissing another girl that isn't her.

"Can I kiss you first?" I blurted out. I couldn't resist asking her, because of a lot of reasons.

"What?" she seemed to be taken aback but she beamed a smile that showed her dimples and I just… "Here? Now?" she questions.

"Yes." I said, nodding my head before standing from my seat to stand beside her chair. "Can I?" I said as I offered my hand for her to stand up as well. 
Her eyebrows met in confusion but she placed her hand on mine.

"Of all the time in the world...you're trying to be cute now?" She commented before she said, "Yes. You may." she confirms, standing up.

That's all I needed to hear to pull her close, lean in and kiss my girl. I could feel her smiling, and for the first time today I felt sure about something; I'm in love with this girl and I want to make her happy. In that moment nothing else in the world seemed to matter.

Wheein was the one to pull back. She looked flushed, "People are staring at us." She whispered.

"That's just because we look good together." I said before leaning in for another kiss.

Wheein's POV:

I know Byul is a little disappointed about my choice of place on where we'd have our dinner. I don't know why she's suddenly against the idea, but something tells me her frown isn't about the place anymore.

She's been …off. I'm not a detective but something tells me it has something to do with her meeting with Seulgi.

Unless she's been elsewhere before she went home.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"Just Seulgi." I knew it.

"Oh yeah, what did you two talked about earlier?" I asked casually.

She shook her head, which made me even more curious because it's obviously a big deal.

"Is it about Irene?" I asked, assuming that Seulgi and Irene had a fight or something. Byul has always been Seulgi's go-to for advices.

Byul seemed to be having a war inside her head, well, based on how tight she's been holding her chopsticks.

If I didn't know better, I think she'd break it any time soon.

"If she doesn't want me to know then it's okay." I assured her; trying not to push the topic too far, if she wanted to tell me she would've.

"It isn't Seulgi…I didn't saw her." she confessed. And that explains a lot, well, kind of, that is; if my hunch is right.

"What's bothering you then?" Although I'm pretty sure my guess is right, I asked her nonetheless for confirmation.

"Yong." She answered carefully.

If I'm being honest, hearing Yongsun's name from Byul threatens me sometimes- I mean- she's my girlfriend's first love and our friend, and if you know your girlfriend was once in love with one of your best friends, and you don't find that terrifying, then you're lying.

"What did she -what did you two talked about? If I may ask." Maybe it's about closure? I do hope so.

I miss Yongsun-unnie, we used to talk so carelessly and its almost ridiculous how nonsense our conversations could be, but lately, we don't even talk. And I can't really act normal with Yongsun-ssi when I know that what makes me happy hurts her.

I wish she can just move on, but I know it's not as easy as it sounds.

I just hope their conversation turned out well… not too well though.

"Can I kiss you first?" Byul said out of nowhere which took me by surprise. I was looking for some punchline but she's genuinely asking to kiss me right now.

"What?" I blinked a few times trying to process what she just asked. "Here? Now?" It's a silly request but the idea just makes me smile uncontrollably.

She said 'yes' like it was the most sensible thing to answer. She stood up and went beside me, offering her hand. "Can I?" she asked.

She's trying to be cute. I didn't know if she's trying to distract me from the topic but its working. "Of all the time in the world, you're trying to be cute now?" I asked, she just smiled back. "Yes. You may." I replied.

And so she leaned in, and I felt her lips on mine, and everything around us slowly vanished, everything else was a blur besides the fact that I'm enjoying this kiss and I couldn't help but smile into the kiss.

For the first time today I felt like she's really with me, like she is just mine. I felt like there was nothing running in her mind but me; us.

I pulled back for air, and that's when I noticed the people around us; staring. I could already feel my cheeks burning but I think I blushed even more. I felt silly being shy for kissing my girlfriend in front of a lot of people; but at the same time, I'm proud that she's my girlfriend and finally, everyone knows that too. "People are staring at us." I whispered to let her know in case she isn't aware, but she just shrugged.

"That's just because we look good together." she said before leaning in for another kiss. Now all I could think of is that I'm kissing the girl I'm in love with and it's magical, and I didn't want it to end.

I didn't bother asking Byul to continue our conversation after that. The night has been so great and I didn't want any possibility of ruining it. I'm not sure if I'd like to hear what really happened, Byul wouldn't act the way she did if it turned out great.

But I trust her. And we love each other. And right now, that's all that matters to me.

Yongsun's POV:

"Taehyung?" He's looking for me? That's a first.

"Yeah, he said he has something to talk to you about." Hyejin replied. I don't recall ever having aconversation with him that isn't about the weather so I was curious as to what we might need to discuss.

"Yongsun." I heard Taehyung call me as he approached us.

"Taehyung." I said; acknowledging his presence. "What's up?"

"Can we talk?" he asked, with no sign of emotion whatsoever.

"Of course." I answered.

He looked at Hyejin before sayi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter