Chapter-9

In A Way You Never Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BOMI POV

We Our here in Our dorm, Naeun went directly to Her room without a word. After all I understand how She feels.

I have promised Hayoung to take care of Naeun when She is not around. I just hope that I could fulfill it.

Because I know deep inside Me, Hayoung left a large hole in Our heart. And it's not easy to heal.

"Bom ah? what are You doing there standing in front of Hayoung's room?" I heard Chorong Unnie asked Me.

I turn around to face Her then at My surrounding. 'Maybe My feet brought Me here.' I thought.

"Oh, nothing Unnie, I didn't realize that I was standing here." I replied confusedly but sad at the same time.

"You don't have to act so strong in front of Me." She said walking towards Me and wipe My tears.

I didn't even know I was crying until I felt Her thumb touch My tears on My face.

I look at Her intently then study Her. She seems not like Her usual self, and Her eyes were swollen from crying.

'Have Unnie been crying before We reach Our dorm?' I asked Myself, glancing at Her.

"Go change now Bom ah, We have to be there as early." She spoke softly, tapping My shoulder slightly before walking to Her room not waiting for My response.

I sigh before walking to My room. I pass by Naeun's room and I heard a weird noises coming inside.

I sneakily walked near it and press My ear into the door. that's when I realized Naeun was crying. and She is trying to muffle Her cries so that We can't hear it.

'Should I let Her? Maybe this is not the time to console Her. She needs time and space.' I thought debating with Myself.

I listen to Her for one last time before going to My room.

 

 

 

 

 

NAEUN POV

I was so lost when We leave the hospital, I still can't accept that Hayoung's dead.

What if I am having a nightmare? And I can't wake up because the world wanted to see Me, how I am suffering without Hayoungie.

And it's scary but then when I blink My eyes everyone slaps Me with the reality that Hayoungie's gone.

We arrived in Our dorm. I went directly to My room without saying a word. Because I know if I did, I only end up bawling My eyes to them.

And I don't want Them to see that, They are also suffering just like Me from Hayoungie's death.

I tried to act normal I swear, but My world start to crumbles down when My eyes land on the photo on top of My drawer.

It was taken at the back stage after Our encore stage when We won for Our forth win.

She persuaded Me to have a photo with Her. So I agree when She started sulking when I didn't give in on Her first try in persuading Me.

I pick it up and stare at Her longingly. I trace Her facial features, and in that moment My eyes welled up again, and tears began to fall like rain.

I tried to muffle My cries. I don't want any of My members to hear Me crying. Because I know they are suffering too with it.

'Hayoungie I missed You so much.' I whispered staring at Her photo.

"Naeun Unnie, are You alright?" I heard Namjoo's voice asked.

I wiped My tears and put Our photo down. Before answering Her.

"Yeah I am alright Namjoo ah, You don't have to worry about Me." I answered trying to put cheerfulness in My voice but I just can't fake it.

"Are You sure Unnie?" She asked again, Her voice cracked. And I know that Namjoo had been crying Her heart out.

"I'm sure Namjoo ah, I know it hurt Us all that She suddenly leave Us, but I know She is sad seeing Us like this because of Her, You know how She is, She always wanted to see Us happy and smiling, even though She do stuff that's embarrasing for Her." I answered trying to convinced Her and Myself that We are going to be strong for Hayoungie.

"But I am not fine Unnie. How could I be? The most precious Maknae I've known is gone. I won't be seeing nor meeting Her again." She reasoned out.

I know She is right. I walked and went to open My door.

I saw Her leaning On the wall in front of My room. Her eyes are all red.

"Do You think Hayoung ah would be fine alone there?" She asked innocently.

"She will. She won't be alone. She is going to have friends there. And She'll be watching over Us." I told Her trying to convinced Myself too with what I am saying.

"You guys okay there?" Eunji Unnie asked when She passed by and saw Us at the hallway.

I study Her appearance and seems like She also had cried. Her eyes were swollen but She is trying to hide it through Her smile. I know She treat Hayoungie like Her own daughter.

I am thankful for that because even though I am not always with Her. There is someone who is going to take good care of Her. But now She is not with Us anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter