Chapter-16

In A Way You Never Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NAEUN POV

after we had our lunch, Saeun decided not to go back to her workplace..

so we ended up having a movie marathon.. it's been a long time since we did this..

We are focusing our attention on the movie that we watched, when suddenly we heard someone knocked on our door making both of us jumped in our seat..

"Holy crap?! I almost have a heart attack!!" Saeun half yelled while clutching her chest...

"I told you not to watch a horror movie... but you are so stubborn... now this is what you get from it..." i reprimanded her while crossing my arms...

She just chuckled to it... "i am sorry unnie... it's the only genre that can have all your attention.. and beside you don't want to watch a romcom movies, you always said that they are cliché, predictable and an eyesore.. so that is why i settled to horror movie which we can both enjoy watching." she explained before pouting her lips making me giggled...

i paused the movie first before speaking again..

"Because it's true.. they are an eyesore and the story are always cliché and predictable.. anyway are you expecting a visitor today?" I asked glancing at the door...

"Hmm no unnie... are you?" She answered then ask me back looking confusedly at me..

i shake my head before answering her.. "No, who would be visiting me here? Unless my members come here then they are my visitors but the chance is 50/50 you know..." i told her then she nods her head in agreement

we both got up from the couch and check who is it...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

"Hi?..." the person greeted in an unsure tone..

"Huh.. who are you?" She asked her brows furrowing..

"Sorry but it's our first time to see you here?" I added in confusion after Saeun finished her sentence.

"Oh, sorry.. i didn't got to introduce myself i am Jordan, Jordan Hansen... i am lost in this neighborhood.. i just wanna ask where this address is?" The guy or Jordan explained showing the paper in his hand to us...

My phone rings so i excused myself to them, letting Saeun help the stranger..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

NO ONE POV

Saeun reach for the paper and looked at it...

"Oh this is in another street... you have to cross the road then go to the right then when you are at a nearby Corpuz store take left then see the blue house there... then you are already there.." Saeun instructed giving the paper back to Jordan..

"Anyway i am Saeun and that one who answered her phone is my sister Naeun.." She added introducing herself and Naeun to Jordan..

"Thank you Saeun, i owe you this.. and nice meeting the both of you..." he said with his boyish smile...

"Welcome and Nice meeting you too..." Saeun replied giving him a smile..

Jordan bid his goodbye then Saeun closed their door again...

 

 

 

 

 

---

"Unnie?!" She calls out when she is in the living room...

'Maybe she is still talking with someone on the phone...' she thought playing the movie again before settling herself on the couch..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NAEUN POV

I was surprised to see it was our CEO who calls me...

"Hello CEO-nim?" I answered unsurely as soon as i pick up the call.

"Naeun ah, you have to come back next week.. i have something to tell you..." our CEO stated calmly..

'Huh but i thought he said it's up to me when i wanted to come back.. what gives?' I thought to myself..

"Why CEO-nim? Do we have a problem?" I asked confusedly...

"I can't tell you on the phone, you have to be here so that the apink members are all gathered to make a decision.. i already told your other members about this, but i left something important.." He answered me that just added to my confusion..

"And i need to go now.. i have a meeting to attend... just take care of yourself there..." he added before hanging up..

i went back to the living room to see Saeun hiding her face...

 

 

 

 

 

---

"I thought you are not a scaredy-cat huh?" I commented in a teasing tone before settling beside her...

"I am not... i was just mimicking their action..." she reasoned out making me laughed...

"Okay, if that's what you say.. anyway what did that guy needs?" I asked glancing at her...

"He is asking for help to tell him the address on the paper he was holding.. poor guy had to walk for two hours just finding it but in the end he got lost searching for the place..." she answered making me look at her...

"Wait he got lost?" I asked again..

"Uh huh... he said that his cousin doesn't picked his call, and that he is really thankful that i help him with the direction unnie...." Saeun replied with a proud smile, while her eyes is still focusing on the movie..

"So who are you talking with on your phone unnie?" She inquired her tone has a hint of suspicion side glancing me...

"Our CEO, he told me to go back to Seoul next week.." i told her honestly...

"huh but Why unnie?" She asked giving me all her attention, i shake my head..

"I don't know Saeun ah.. maybe it's something urgent that we all need to be there.." i replied glancing at her before diverting my eyes to the movie again...

 

 

 

 

---

I didn't notice that the time is already 5pm so i get up from the couch and told my sister that i am going to the kitchen to cook for our dinner...

i was in the kitchen washing the pan when i heard Saeun's voice.

"Unnie, can you accompany me out?" Saeun asked from the entrance.

i glance at her way then diverts my eyes to the pan that i am washing.

"Where are you going though?" I asked instead of answering her.

after washing the pan, i washed my hand then wiped it on the towel before walking to where she is.

"We are going to buy ingredients for chicken skewers. i miss eating it unnie." she answered then pouts her lips.

"Alright... then are you the one who's going to grilled it?" I inquired looking at her expectantly.

"Of course unnie. don't worry i will be grilling for you too." she grinned before signaling me to follow her out.

"Just make sure that mine won't get burn okay? the last time you did it, mine was unrecognizable because you have burnt it." I teased making her blushed in embarrassment.

"unnieeee?! stop teasing me..." she cutely whined..

"alright, alright... if my baby sister said so." i chuckled walking beside her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

HAZE POV

after me and Yuqi went to Kris resto we decided to go to Rakiura national park

Yuqi likes watching penguins and seals coming to the shores.

she said that she always felt attached to them but she didn't tell me the reason why though.

"Haze look. the penguins are coming to where we are." she said excitedly while pointing her right hand to the shores.

I looked at the shores to see thirty of them or maybe more walking slowly getting nearer to where we are.

"Aww, they are so cute." i heard her commented crouching down and throw them some fish.

"Yeah. they really are." i agreed to her doing the same.

She looks at her watch and her eyes went wide.

she gets up then dust her pants before she spoke.

"Let's go Haze.." she said pulling me with her.

"To where?" I asked confusedly but following her footsteps anyway.

"Airport.." she replied curtly.

"Oh wait, i forgot about that. come on let's hurry." i said with a quick step towards my car.

as soon as we enter my car, i step on the gas and drive away from there.

we reached the airport with forty minutes of her to spare.

"Bye Haze, make sure that you and that pretty girl of yours become a couple when i came back.." she said winking at me before going inside the airport.

i smile to it waving my hand to her even though she can't see it.

 

 

 

---

 

i start the engine, stepping on the gas before driving away.

i check my message to see i got tenth miscall from Jordan. 

"Woah.. does Jordan need something from me?" I mumbled while trying to dial his number.

But he is not picking it.

i saw his message telling me the address to where he is.

so i made a U-turn and drive to where he is.

'Oh come on. why do i have to get stuck on the redlight.' i mumbled combing my hair.

"Oh thank god it's moving..." i uttered speeding away.

 

 

 

 

---

 

i arrived to where the address from the text is.

I park my car then get out of my car locking it.

i look around to find him... but he is nowhere to be found.

'Shheesshhh where the heck is he?' I thought frustratedly.

i tried to dial his number again but he isn't picking up.

I saw two girls walking with a grocery item hundred mete

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter