Chapter-15

In A Way You Never Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NAEUN POV

i was now at the supermarket, trying to look for the meat section.. i already had the others that i needed...

i was busy comparing on which is better when suddenly someone bump into my cart? Making me surprised...

"Eh?" i confusedly turned around.. realizing who he is, rather it was a she, my eyes went wide...

'It was Hayoung's doppleganger.. i should befriend her to know more about her, if she is connected to my Hayoungie...' i thought..

"Ha---" i was going to call her name but she cut me off when she spoke...

"Please don't freak out again.. and i am sorry for making you freak out the first time.." Haze apologize.. she was shuffling from foot to foot while looking at her shoes...

if i wanted to know more about her, i should befriend her even though it sounds crazy that she and Hayoungie might have connections.

i exhale a sharp breath before speaking again..

"No, it's okay... i should apologized though... i am sorry for acting that way..." i said softly giving her a small smile...

"No, it's okay miss... i am glad that i didn't scare you away again like before... plus you are pretty when you smile..." she replied making me surprised when she said the last part...

i saw her avoid my stare..

i pretended that i didn't hear what she said..

"I am sorry if i didn't got to introduced myself to you before... my name is Naeun, and it's nice meeting you again..." i said introducing myself and ignoring the last word she said...

i saw her with a confused look but then change her expression..

"It's nice meeting you too again Naeun..." she smile looking at me...

we are just staring at each other when my phone rings...

i decided to cut our eye contact and answer my phone instead..

i saw it was Saeun who called me...

"It's okay if i have my lunch there unnie? Are you at home? Cook my fave dish.. I am still stuck here on the road because of traffic.. see you..." Saeun said on the other line after i pick her call...

"Yes Saeun ah.. i am on the way.. fine, just don't take too long okay? Alright see you.." i said before hanging up...

I divert my eyes to her before speaking again..

"I have to go... it is nice meeting you Haze..." i said before walking to the cashier without waiting for her reply..

"Thanks mam come again.." the cashier said politely..

i offer her a smile before going out of supermarket, hailing a cab..

i am already inside the cab when my phone rings again, i thought it was Saeun who called but it was an unknown number...

'Should i answer this call?' I debated looking at it...

it rings again and it was the same number who called me...

'What if it's important...' i thought

i took a deep breath before answering it..

"Hello?" I greeted unsurely.

"Naeun ah do you remember me?" The voice on the other line asked..

"Debby?" I uttered..

i heard her chuckle on the other line...

"Thank god you still remember me... so how are you Naeun ah?" She asked gently...

"I am alright Debby ah... how bout you? I haven't heard anything from you for awhile... i was quite worried about you though... i know you and Hayoungie have spent more time.." i said sadly...

she took a deep breath before speaking again...

"Honestly, it's still hurt... even though i tried to move on.. it just that everytime i close my eyes, Hayoung's image come into my mind how she did her best to save me... sometimes i feel like i am not worth to be save... if only i could turn back time i would not tell Hayoung to come and save me... i rather die than let her get killed by those scumbag..." she sniffs...

"But we don't blame you Debby ah... Hayoungie always does her best to save her friends even though it can put her life in danger... wherever Hayoungie is now, she won't like it that we are starting our self wallowing from her death again... we have to move on but that doesn't necessarily mean that we will forget her... because she would stay here in my heart... and---'" but she cut in..

"And that we will make her proud of us..." she finished....

i chuckled hearing it....

"I heard that you guys are on break?" She inquired..

"Yes, we are... i was just thankful that our CEO had agreed to it...Bomi unnie had stayed in our dorm, but Chorong unnie has arrived there just now to accompany her... Eunji unnie and Namjoo ah are still out on their break.. while me i decided to stay with my sister..." i explained...

"Good to hear that guys... i just hope that we can all heal from Hayoung's lost..." she spoke gently....

i arrived at Saeun's house... paying my fare before getting out of the cab...

"We all can... and when that happens, i could proudly say to Hayoungie that i have endure all the trials and i didn't do stupid things to dosappoint her..." i answered, opening the door before entering the house....

"Yeah you are right... anyway i will call you again... i have to continue working... it is nice to talk with you again Naeun ah..." Debby bid gently..

"Okay... it is nice talking with you again Debby ah..." i told her before hanging up...

i was in the kitchen entrance when Saeun decided to speak...

"Who are you talking with unnie?" Saeun ask from behind making me clutch my chest...

Yah!! I thought you are still caught in the traffic... and please don't scare me like that you almost gave me a heart attack..." i reprimanded her...

"Sorry unnie... well i took a short cut so here i am standing infront of you..." she giggled walking beside me...

i rolled my eyes to that..

"You didn't answer my question unnie..." she added anticipating my answer...

"Oh it was our friend Debby... anyway i saw Hayoungie's doppleganger in the supermarket so i decided to befriend her to know if her and Hayoungie have connections to each other..." i replied putting the grocery in the table...

"Oh is that so... uhm do you remember Kris  unnie?" She asked glancing at me..

"Kris? The guy you spoke to at the dance club?" I clarify...

"Yes.. that's him.. well he invites us to a party... he is asking if we are going to atte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter