Chapter-8

In A Way You Never Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NAEUN POV

I heard Changsub Oppa asked a series of question. I crouch down, waiting for Mr. Huffer to turn the body slowly.

I was horrified seeing who it was, the hoodie I recognized it.

It belong to Her. I cover My mouth in shocked.

"Hayoung!! No!!" I heard Debby's voice wail, crouching down, She check for the pulse.

"Hayoung. Please. No. This can't be." She added devastated.

I was numb on My spot, I don't want to believe that it was Hayoung. Hayoung wouldn't leave Me, She promised Me that She'll stay by My side forever.

"Oh no, She is really Hayoung. Here is Her wallet containing everything to identify Her." Changsub Oppa said making Me cry silently.

"Poor kid, have to suffer like this. I'm sorry that We were late to rescue You." Mr. Huffer said with a sympathy, bowing to Hayoung.

I can't take this anymore. My head started to hurt, I feel like My world is spinning around. the last thing I heard was Debby shouting for My name.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NO ONE POV

"Naeun!!" Debby shouted seeing Her friend Naeun falls down unconsciously.

"Quick Cole!! We have to dock this boat now. We need to bring this kid to the hospital." Mr. Huffer instructed which Mr. Cole nodded to it.

They arrived at the shore, They brought Naeun and Hayoung's body to the rescuer van.

"Oppa, You need to wait and contact Hayoung's members and tell Them what happen. I'll go with Them and text You what hospital, floor and room They are in, I already save Your number, here's Mine." Debby instructed, getting inside the rescuer van.

"And I'm going to fetch Hayoung's grandparents to let Them know about this. I'm sure They are worried sick about Their grandchild." She added before the car door closes.

The van have already leave the place. Meanwhile Changsub tried to call Chorong but She is not picking up Her phone.

He tried for the second time, but the number is busy. He heard a phone rings at the ground.

'Who's phone is this?' He asked crouching down to picked it.

'Ah, that's why Her number is busy. Chorong is trying to contact Naeun.' He muttered.

He swipe the phone to answer it.

"Chorong ah something happened to Naeun ah." He directly told Her, His voice filled with worry.

"What happened to Her? Did something bad happened? Is She alright?" Chorong asked a series of question on the other line.

Changsub took a deep breath before speaking again.

"She faints seeing Hayoung state. We already found Her but She is dead." He explained. Making Chorong fall to Her knees and sob quietly.

 

 

 

CHANGSUB POV

I waited for Them for thirty minutes at the doorway of the tent. I can't help but cry on what Hayoung have suffer.

'If only.' I thought muffling My cries. Then Kicks the pebbles in frustration.

I saw Chorong and the other running towards the tent, where I am waiting for Them.

"Where are they?" Chorong asked as soon as She was standing in front of Me.

I checked My phone to see I have a message from Debby.

"Oppa, We are already here at Keith hospital. They are still deciding on which room They are going to put Naeun. You can just ask the nurses in the ground floor for Son Naeun. I didn't wait for it, because I am in hurry to fetch Hayoung's grandparents. I am sorry."

-Debby

I read silently. I Lift My head to face Chorong.

"They are in the hospital. They brought Naeun and Hayoung There." I answered walking towards the car.

"Let's go. I was just waiting for you guys so We can go together." I added not bothering to hide My swollen eyes.

"Can someone please tell Us what happened?" Bomi asked frustratedly. Glancing at Me then to Chorong.

"You'll know when We are at the hospital." I replied curtly as I step on the gas.

We arrived at the hospital and Bomi ran out and went directly inside.

We can hear Bomi's voice in a slight mad tone. We walked to where She is.

We saw Her uses the stair instead of the elevator.

We are behind Her, Her step where quick and fast.

She is already in front of the room when I saw Her in shocked, then stops at the entrance.

"Chorong Unnie!!" She called out. We walked faster to where She is.

"What is it Bom ah?" Chorong asked confusedly staring at Bomi.

"Naeun's gone!!" She pointed to the bed. I looked at the room to see Naeun's traces but I didn't see one.

I ran out the room and went to the nurses station to tell Them about it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

NAMJOO POV

"Naeun's gone!" I heard Bomi Unnie's voice panicking. I was behind Them when Changsub Oppa hurriedly ran out of the room to go to the nurse station to inform Them.

"Let's split up. Me and Chorong Unnie will search in 4th floor up to the rooftop. While you search the 3rd floor down and outside the hospital. Contact Manager Oppa, and let Him know that Naeun's gone." Bomi Unnie instructed, pulling Chorong Unnie with Her.

"Let's go Namjoo ah." Eunji unnie smiled pulling Me to the stair.

"But what if She uses the elavator?" I asked while following Her, My eyes focused on the elevator.

"Don't worry Changsub Oppa will be there, to check Her." She replied.

I texted manager Oppa about the situation, and walked towards the 3rd floor.

We are at the 3rd floor checking for Naeun Unnie's whereabout. we even asked some of the patients, nurses and even the person who is sitting on the bench, but no one saw Her in the 3rd floor.

We walk to the stair to check Her in the 2nd floor. we stop a girl who's age is 11 or something.

"Hey little girl, have You seen Her?" I asked showing Her a photo of Naeun Unnie on My phone.

She looks at it for two minutes, before shaking Her head.

"Sorry unnies I didn't saw Her." She answered shaking Her head rapidly.

"Ah is that so? thanks for answering. if You saw Her, please let Us know." Eunji Unnie beg. the kid nods Her head before walking away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

EUNJI POV

We went to the 1st floor when suddenly My phone rings.

"Hello. Bom ah? have You seen Her?" I asked staring ahead.

"Yes. come here to the morgue. She's been here looking out for Hayoung ah, but She seems lifeless. Her tears already dried from too much crying. a nurse saw Her here." Bomi explained on the other line, Her voice filled with grief and sorrow.

'Does this mean Hayoung is---.' I can't even finished My sentence. A tear escape My eyes but I wipe it discreetly.

'Is it the reason why Chorong Unnie cried on the boat and why Changsub Oppa's eyes were swollen.' I asked myself.

Why didn't I pick about the situation? I take a deep breath before speaking.

"Alright, We will go there in any minute. don't let Her do stupid things and please take good care of Her." I said My voice cracked a little before hanging up.

"Let's go Namjoo ah, They already found Her. She is in the morgue, looking out for Hayoung." I told Namjoo who is blinking Her eyes.

'Oh .' I thought when I realized what I just said.

Namjoo doesn't know that Hayoung is dead. They have been close like a twin Sister. They share the same opinions and I know Namjoo will be hurt with the truth.

"Oh, wh-- what d--did You say? Wh--what morgue are You talking about? where is the morgue?" She asked Her shoulder began to shake.

I stare up to Her eyes and I saw Her tears began to fall, We didn't know that Hayoung's dead, Chorong Unnie didn't tell Us.

We thought that She was just in a bad shape but still alive but we are wrong.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay. Hayoung is in good hand now. Wherever She is, She is not alone. Let's go, they are in the basement." I console Her while wiping Her tears.

Even though I know deep inside Me that I am in pain too by Hayoung's sudden death, but I didn't want to show it. I needed to be strong for Hayoung, for Us to make Her close one feel better.

 

 

 

 

BOMI POV

Me and Chorong Unnie search for Naeun ah in the 4th floor, I am really worried about Her.

I mean I know She loves Hayoung more than Us, and I know it wasn't just sisterly love that She feels for Our maknae, but She was in denial about it, that's what I thought.

 She is the one who is suffering the most from Hayoung's death, if only We found Her sooner, it wouldn't end this way. but I guess faith work it's way.

I asked an older man who sitted in the bench facing the stair and the elevator, because Chorong Unnie when directly to ask in the nurse station.

"I am sorry miss, but I didn't see Her pass by here." He said giving Me My phone back.

"Thank You Sir. and sorry for disturbing You." I said bowing before I go.

'Where could She be?' I thought looking at My surrounding. when suddenly I remember a dreadful event from watching something in the internet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter