Chapter-21

In A Way You Never Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NO ONE POV

Bomi was the first one to run to where Haze is.

"Hayoung ah! We miss you!" She uttered wrapping her arms around Haze tightly.

Haze even though her shoulder is still bleeding didn't feel the pain, instead she stood there frozen because an unfamiliar person is hugging her.

Naeun tried to stop Bomi but she too is frozen in her spot seeing her members cried in relief.

"Oh, thank god that you are alive Hayoung ah. We were all still in denial about your death." Eunji said wiping her tears.

Haze who snapped back to reality doesn't know what to say or do.

"You have grown an inch---" Namjoo didn't got to finished her sentence when they heard a gunshot closer to where they are.

"You need to Run guys!!" Ilhoon instructed trying to shoot back to whoever the person is.

Haze hastily pulled Naeun with her, Bomi Chorong Eunji and Namjoo following behind them.

"Jeez, what do they need from us now!" Eunji frustratingly yelled as they run out of the scene.

 

 

 

 

HAZE POV

I think i know the reason why they are trying to kill me, it's because of this face.

they thought that i am the Hayoung they all used to know, just like how her friends mistook me for her.

i wonder what did Hayoung do to make them want to kill her?

"Hayoung ah?! You can't escape me!! If you have escape death once i'm not gonna let you escape it twice!!" An unfamiliar guy shouted furiously.

i saw Naeun and even her friends get shocked to see the guy.

Who the hell is he?! Is he the mastermind who is trying to kill me?

"Jonny?!" Another unfamiliar voice yelled in disbelief.

She came to us and gave me a smile of relief before diverting her eyes to Bomi.

"Listen Bomi ah, you need to bring her to our secret place. I'll meet you there after we deal with those scumbag." The girl instructed carefully.

"We? Who are you reffering to Debby ah?" Bomi if i remember asked confusedly.

so her name is Debby. Why those these people seems so familiar but this is the first time i am meeting them.

"I am with Changsub oppa's group." She replied pointing to the group of guys behind her.

"Okay, Be careful Debby ah. Let's go Hayoung ah." Bomi said to Debby before pulling my left hand and lead us out.

 

 

 

 

 

BOMI POV

I am just thankful that Debby is with Changsub oppa and s. Atleast it's a big help for us to escape him.

i can even hear those gunshots everywhere.

"Get in!!" Chorong unnie instructed when she get inside the car.

she takes the driver seat and look at us impatiently.

I saw Naeun and Hayoung ah holding their hands tightly.

but there is something i noticed about Hayoung ah, she looks pale and seems like she is enduring some pain.

"Hayoung ah? Are you alright?" I asked glancing at her and saw her smile weakly.

"I am fine Bomi. Thank you for the concern." She replied making all of us shocked, well except her and Naeun.

she was speaking in informal language and it seems like she hadn't noticed it.

Naeun who is beside her gave us an apologetic smile.

"Sorry guys, i apologized on her behalf. The thing is she is not the Hayoung that we all know. She is Haz---" but Hayoung cut Naeun off by putting her right hand on her lips.

i saw her whisper into Naeun's ear making her gasped, then she whisper back to Hayoung.

'What are they talking though?' I thought looking at them with curiousity.

"I'm sorry if i offend you guys. The truth is i am not the Hayoung you know.. my name is Haze-- Hazel Mcleidon and i'm sorry for ruining your hope to be with her." She said with an apologetic smile.

Naeun glance at her then diverts her eyes to us before taking a deep breath.

"She doesn't even remember me when i first saw her in New Zealand, it was like i am a total stranger to her.. and then it clicks to me that she is not the Hayoung that we all know because she is so different from Hayoung and i know Hayoungie would recognize me no matter how i look.." Naeun explained with a serious expression.

 

 

 

NAEUN POV

My members noticed how Haze is speaking informally, they know Hayoungie won't speak informal to us even though she is told to, because she is used to being formal that's how Chorong unnie raised us.

i have decided to tell them the truth but Haze cut me off by putting her right hand on my lips to Shush me.

I look at her confusedly then she leans in closer to me and whisper in my ear.

"I don't want to cause them sadness. I saw how happy they are when they thought i was her.. i just don't want to ruined it for them. I know how it feels to lose someone." She whispered softly to me.

I whispered back to her, telling her that it's better to hurt them with the truth rather than comfort them with the lies, to assure her that they will be fine accepting the truth.

She apologized to them telling them that her name is Hazel Mcleidon. That she isn't the Hayoung that we all know.

I glance at her before diverting my eyes to them before i take a deep breath.

"She doesn't even remember me when i first saw her in New Zealand, it was like i'm a total stranger to her.. and then it click to me that she is not the Hayoung that we all know because she is so different from Hayoung and i know Hayoungie would recognize me no matter how i look.." i explained with a serious expression.

"Oh... is that so? She is not really Hayoung ah, the person that we all used to know?" Bomi unnie asked disappointed.

I nod my head in confirmation and saw my members getting sad again.

I glanced at Haze and saw her face contorted in pain.

"Ha-- Haze are you alright?" I asked concernly.

she nods her head but i am not convinced with her answer so i check her right shoulder.

"You're bleeding..." i said worriedly focusing my eyes on her wound.

i forgot that she got shot earlier.

"Unnie, do you have a medicine kit?" I asked diverting my eyes to Chorong unnie.

Chorong unnie glance to us through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah Naeun ah.. Bomi ah get it in my bag." Chorong unnie said then focused her attention back to the road.

 

 

 

 

---

I already tend Haze wound and on our way here i introduces my members to her.

after long hours of driving we finally arrived at Debby's secret place.

Haze excused herself and ask Chorong unnie where is the bathroom but Chorong unnie doesn't know where it is, so she went with Haze to search for the bathroom.

When we arrived in the living room, the four of us got shocked seeing Hayoung's grandparents there.

"Good to see that you are all safe kids. Especially you Naeun ah." Grandma Oh said softly then smiles at me.

"G-good to see you too Grandma Oh." I replied bowing my head to her.

"I know you kids are hungry from the long drive, we already prepare something for you to eat. Let's go to the kitchen." Grandpa Oh said leading us to the kitchen.

"Where is Chorong ah? I haven't seen her since you kids arrived here." Grandma Oh asked searching for Chorong unnie.

"She went to the bathroom with Haze ah, they will be here in any minutes." Bomi unnie replied as she takes the seat infront of me.

"Oh, so you have a new friend name Haze? That's good." Grandpa Oh gave us a gentle smile.

at that moment Chorong unnie and Haze walked in discussing about something.

"Hello Grandma Oh, Hello Grandpa Oh. It's good seeing you here." Chorong unnie greeted politely.

"Good to see you too Chorong ah, come on have a seat here." Grandma Oh greeted back offering Chorong unnie the seat beside Bomi unnie.

At that moment Bbang (Hayoungie's dog) came out running towards Haze getting all of our attention.

i saw how Hayoung's grandparents expression turned into shocked.

"Hayoung ah?" Grandpa Oh called out getting up from his seat then walks closer to Haze who is busy with Bbangie.

i saw Haze does something familiar to Bbangie just like how Hayoungie does it with her dog.

 

 

FLASHBACK

Hayoungie was on the other room playing with her dog.

Chorong unnie asked me to fetch Hayoungie cause we have to start rehearsing again.

i walked with a hurried footstep towards the room to where she is in.

i stopped infront then knocks twice before opening the door. I halt my steps just few meters away from her and saw her smiling affectionately at her dog then put her two fingers on Bbang's forehead before caressing it down towards Bbang's neck.

"There. So you will easily remember your owner even you haven't seen me for a month or a year. I will do that to you from now on." She stated gently.

"Hmm. So what will you do in return for me?" She asked to the dog. Bbang just wiggle his tail then barks happily.

"Okay that will do. So everytime you see me, can you wiggle your tail and bark happily to me so no matter what happens i won't forget you?" She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter