Extra: Anniversary

CEO Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Byul and Yongsun’s first anniversary since they’ve started dating again. Since the two of them are unlike ordinary people both with their personalities and circumstances, their first anniversary is quite different as well. They’re spending it apart. Unfortunately, Byul is in Japan for business purposes.

 

“Yong, I’m really sorry I can’t be there with you for our anniversary.” Byul sounds like she’s really disappointed with herself.

 

“It’s alright. It can’t be helped. I know you tried to make sure you’d be free by now but things don’t always go the way we want it to.” Yongsun answers from the other line of the call.

 

Byul sighs. She did try her best rescheduling and even trying to finish all her work by today but she was requested to personally appear for the meeting. “I know you’re disappointed. I really don’t know what more I can do to apologize but I’ll make it up to you.”

 

Yongsun is honestly sad about spending their anniversary away from each other but she’s not blaming Byul. It was expected since they both run their own companies. It’s already a miracle that they can even have time to be in a relationship. “You don’t have to apologize, Byul-ah. I know you’ll make up for today. I’ll be expecting a lot from you, okay?” Yongsun tries to lighten up the mood of their conversation.

 

Byul smiles a little. “Yes. Please do. I’ll see you soon, unnie. I love you.”

 

“I love you more,” Yongsun says smiling while looking at the ceiling of her office. “Happy anniversary, Byul-ah.”

 

“Happy anniversary, Yong.” Byul whispers in a loving manner. She lets Yongsun hang up the call and she stays frozen with the phone against her ear. She bites her lip and tries to think of possible ways she can go back to Korea today.

 

Byul’s head external manager, Ben, comes walking towards her. “It’s done. There’s not much else to do with the papers.”

 

“That’s great. Find me the quickest flight back.” Byul immediately stands up and briskly walks towards the exit.

 

“That’s taken care of as well.” Byul quickly turns her head to her Ben who has a grin on his face. “You’d be able to spend a few hours there until morning but you have to go back here. They expect you to be here for the meeting.”

 

Byul sends the man a look of gratitude as she ducks into the car which is supposed to bring her to the airport. “Thanks, Ben. I owe you.”

 

Ben grabs the door before Byul could close it. “No problem but the ticket’s all we can get you. You’re on your own after that.”

 

Byul nods and closes the door. The car rushes to the airport as Byul only had one hour before boarding. She was able to arrive before the boarding starts and got on the plane on time. She heaved a sigh of relief and immediately thought of what she can do for their anniversary. Immediately after arriving in Korea, she spent her time buying things. When she’s done, she finds the car prepared by Ben to bring her to Yongsun’s place. She called food to be delivered there and then grabbed a tablet and started working on a simple video.

 

Yongsun, on the other hand, was home trying to decide if she’d cook or just order some food for dinner. She reminds herself to call Byul before going to bed. She was just about to dial for delivery when her doorbell rang. She looks at the monitor and all she sees is a deliveryman with food for her.

 

“Hi. I think you’ve got the wrong address.” Yongsun was wary about the man. She didn’t order anything. Either he got the address wrong or he’s one of those people who use the guise of a deliveryman before forcefully entering other people’s home. She mentally curses the security in her building.

 

“Oh,” he looks down to the receipt he was holding. “A Miss Moon Byulyi has ordered these for this address?” He tries to show the receipt closer to the camera.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter