Change

CEO Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunmi was nervous but excitedly waiting for Byul in their favorite coffee shop, 92. It was just outside Seoul National University, where they met. Exactly at 8pm, Byul comes in to the shop and looks around. Sunmi chuckles softly. Byul has always been a person to be on time. It’s one of the things she adored about Byul and the one of the reasons why they broke up. Once she saw Sunmi, Byul walks towards the table and sits in front of the taller woman.

 

Sunmi was looking at Byul with eyes filled with hope and love. Never has Byul agreed to talk to her since what happened during their university years. She had hoped that since Byul agreed this time, she would reconcile with her. Even if they don’t get back together now, she hoped that this would start it. Unfortunately, before she could even convince Byul, the latter destroyed all of her hope.

 

“I have no intentions of getting back together with you. I had hoped that you knew that ever since that dreadful day.” Byul looks at Sunmi with reluctance.

 

“Byul,” Sunmi squeaked out the shorter woman’s name. She clears and breathes deeply before continuing. “Why? Don’t you feel anything for me anymore?”

 

Byul glances at the table and sees that Sunmi has ordered her favorite latte. She smiles a little before looking straight at Sunmi’s eyes. “I do.”

 

Sunmi’s heart fluttered and she was about to say something but Byul cut her off.

 

“But it’s not what you’re feeling for me.” Byul says with a sad smile.

 

Sunmi feels as if her heart has been ripped out. She bites her lips, trying to distract herself with a different kind of pain.

 

“I’m still angry at you, for what you did. But honestly, I loved you. Just because I cut my ties with you doesn’t mean that the love would just suddenly fade. I don’t think it works like that. Over the years, it just stayed in my heart along with the hate. I can never really unlove someone I truly loved. My feelings for you stayed but it changed.” Byul tries to explain.

 

“That means you still hold me dear to your heart, right?” Sunmi asks Byul to which the latter nodded.

 

“I do. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t let you anywhere close to me at all. I’d treat you as air but I didn’t.” Byul offers Sunmi a small smile.

 

“Then can’t you think of all we’ve been through and think about it?” Sunmi pleads.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter