Apart

CEO Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been an hour since the unfortunate incident in Byul’s office. Byul has never let anything get in the way of her work and what happened an hour ago would not change that. She’s back on her desktop, typing away when she hears her secretary beep her something.

 

“Documents from Solar, Miss.” Byul’s secretary says through the com and Byul hums in acknowledgment.

 

Byul hears a knock on her door and knowing that it was from Solar, she hoped it would be Yongsun. But of course, with what happened, it would be impossible.

 

“Come in!” Byul shouts at the door.

 

In came a woman with a few papers in her hands. “Good day, CEO Moon. Miss Kim told me to deliver these to you and to go with your proposal on the implementation problem.”

 

Byul looks up at the woman and raises her eyebrow. “She did not have anything more to add? A proviso?” Maybe, a clue as to what she’s feeling.

 

“No, Miss. Just that.” The woman answers Byul concisely.

 

“Just an hour ago, we were at each other’s throats about going with my decision. And she just drops her proposal to go with mine?” Byul was starting to get irritated and it showed in her tone.

 

The woman was scared but she knows how to handle bosses like Byul. She’s been with Yongsun for years now. She knows her stuff. “I’m not sure why she chose to drop her proposal to give way to yours, CEO Moon. I could ask her but she has left early. She was not feeling well. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why.”

 

Byul looks at the woman when she heard that Yongsun left for home already. She can’t blame her. They were just arguing and she came in the office excited at what she was about to show me. Yet she saw something that could very well be interpreted as betrayal. They were not girlfriends, but that does not mean they were not already exclusively seeing each other. It was already implied on that day they kissed.

 

Seeing as Byul was not reacting to her, the woman excuses herself and left. Byul was thinking whether she should go to Yongsun’s home right now or let the woman be until she fixes the project. She chose the latter. She looked through Yongsun’s papers and saw what the woman was just about to say. There is a way to do both of their proposals and minimize further problems. It was good and Byul had people called over to quickly incorporate it in their strategies.

 

The sun was going down when Byul had finished all that should have been fixed. Well, all except the misunderstanding with Yongsun. She can’t just barge into Yongsun’s house without any permission. So, she sends Yongsun a text.

 

Unnie, I read the papers. It was good. I already incorporated it with our strategies.

 

Byul waits for Yongsun to reply, which took the latter around a quarter of an hour.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter