Fresh Air

CEO Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three childhood friends went out of their car and breathed in the fresh morning air. They were looking at a man-made lake that had canoes tied to a small dock. Next to the dock was a small but homey cabin among others, which were scattered around the lake. Theirs had a small porch with a wooden table and two benches. The sun was shining at the lake, making the water glitter.

 

“It’s beautiful,” Krystal blurted out.

 

“That’s true. Where’d you find this place, oppa?” Byul asked.

 

“I was out driving with nowhere to go. I chanced upon this place when I needed to find a place,” Minhyuk answered while smiling at her two dongsaengs’ expressions. “I’m glad you two like it.”

 

“Like it? I love it.” Byul says.

 

“It looks like one of those places where you can go to to escape,” Krystal says as she opens the back of the car.

 

“It is. It’s my secret place.” Minhyuk walks over to Krystal and grab their bags. “Let’s go inside.”

 

Byul walks to the front door and opens it for Minhyuk since he was carrying their bags. Once she was inside, she awes at the interior of the cabin. It has its own arcade area next to the living room. It has a modern kitchen and living room. The second floor’s actually the attic with one double bed and two mattresses that could sleep six people.

 

It was paradise for the three. They were very different people but they are all competitive. Bets and challenges have been made as to who would beat whom in the games available in the cabin. The food for their whole stay has been prepared so they have no problems cooking their meals. They spent most of the day inside. Once it was noon, Krystal asked Byul to go canoeing.

 

“Unnie, let’s go out into the lake.” Krystal grabs her and Byul’s swimsuits.

 

“Sure,” Byul agrees and changes into the swimwear Krystal brought her. She puts on shorts, leaves her phone and calls Minhyuk. “Oppa, we’ll go canoeing. Are you coming?”

 

Minhyuk sees the women in their swimwear about to go out. “You guys look cute,” he says while smiling. “Let’s go swimming after. The owner said they’d prepare a bonfire for us on the porch. They already have everything we would need.”

 

“Okay, see you in a bit.” Krystal then pushes Byul out of the cabin and to the dock.

 

Byul stepped inside the canoe first before helping Krystal sit on it. She unties the rope and grabs the oars. She rows the canoe to the deeper parts of the lake.

 

“So, this happened because of us?” Krystal asks Byul with a straight face.

 

Byul chuckles. “You’re still very direct huh? No, it’s because of me too.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter