Meeting

CEO Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Monday morning and the meeting between Moon Corporation and Solar. Five minutes before the scheduled time of the meeting, Yongsun and her team has arrived in the building and was led to the conference room. On the exact time of the meeting, Byul and her team went inside the conference room.

 

Byul didn’t make eye contact with Yongsun. There were only two words said as she sat at the lone seat at the head of the table. “Good morning.” Byul had a neutral expression on her face. The man to her right was the only one talking. Byul just sat there with her hands clasp together and her elbows on the armrests of her chair.

 

“May I have the documents, Miss Kim?” Byul’s external manager asked.

 

Yongsun replied, “Yes, of course.” Yongsun’s staff politely handed the documents.

 

“Please give us some time to look over them,” a woman said to which Yongsun nodded.

 

During the hour that Byul’s employees were looking over the documents, Yongsun was glancing at Byul. Not once was she able to see any change in Byul’s expressions. She didn’t even look at her but only stared at her staff studying the documents. This kind of Byul is very different from the person she opened up to last night. “No wonder she said I’d be surprised when I see her in the office today,” Yongsun thoughts to herself.

 

The man brings over a few documents to Byul and whispers something to her. Byul nods and looks at them briefly before whispering something back to her employee. The man nods and goes back to his seat.

 

“Miss Kim, we have studied the documents. We’d like to ask you some questions.”

 

“Of course, go ahead.” Yongsun was expecting this. Byul had warned her before that things could be harsh.

 

“You want us to handle the marketing and public relations for your singer and the new album for at least one month. In all honesty, we don’t see the necessity of that. You seem to be able to do that with your marketing department. Why should we do such a small scale project?”

 

Yongsun was honestly offended. “You have seen the papers. We have good marketing in Korea and our singer is very popular internationally as well. However, we lack the capacity to fully manage international marketing, something your company is very good at. Furthermore, you’ve seen our profits for the last album. That’s only within Korea. The profits to be gained would at least be the same if we were to do it ourselves. But with your company, it would at least triple that amount. That’s more than enough reason for accepting this project.”

 

The man chuckles, “The profits are very tempting. Opening your company to the international market would also only further those profits.”

 

“However,” the woman says, ”We would be taking over your marketing department totally. Not only that even your operations and other departments would be severely affected. Not to sound rude but we like to handle these things ourselves and your control over the departments and the project is something we are not sure of. There are bound to be clashes in the decisions to be made.”

 

Yongsun scoffs. The woman was blatantly telling her they don’t trust her running the project alongside them. “Fortunately,” Yongsun glares at the woman and the man beside Byul. “My company was built with my own sweat, blood and tears. I did not inherit this from my parents. Nor did I take it through influences. I built this company and I managed it to be one of the most profitable ones in the industry.”

 

The two flinched at what Yongsun said. They didn’t think Yongsun would fight back and has just shaded not only the two of them who got their positions with some influence but also their CEO, Byul, who inherited the company from her parents.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter