Reason

CEO Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal dragged Byul to a restaurant near the office. They sat down and ordered their food. While waiting, Krystal decided to ask Byul more about the woman she just met, Kim Yongsun.

 

“Unnie,” Krystal pushes Byul’s phone down.

 

Byul looks up. “What is it?”

 

“Yongsun-ssi,” Krystal sees Byul’s eyes light up at the name and her heart feels a piercing pain. “She’s nice. Are you close with her?”

 

Byul quickly answers, “I hope so. We just met for the first time back in that photo shoot. We hung out yesterday until night and then saw each other today for a meeting.”

 

“Yesterday?” Krystal ponders for a moment. “Is that why you weren’t able to attend Irene-unnie’s party?”

 

“Hmm? Yeah,” Byul answers. “Anyway, we just knew each other a few days ago but we’ve been talking a lot. Hopefully, we could get closer while working together.”

 

“Why?” Krystal blurts out.

 

“Ngh?” Byul was unsure what was Krystal asking about.

 

“Why do you hope to get closer with her?” Krystal bites the inside of her cheek. She had to know. She may not be ready for the answer but she has to hear it.

 

Byul stares at air for a moment. She was asking herself the same thing Krystal just asked her. “I don’t know.” Byul answers honestly. “I just want to. I have this feeling that I want to know more about her and I hope she also feels the same. It feels comfortable when I’m beside her.”

 

Krystal clenches her hands into fists. If she didn’t know any better, Byul just confessed having feelings for the woman. Krystal doesn’t know if she should be happy that Byul has steered away from such feelings which makes her oblivious to what she’s feeling right now. Whatever it is, she still has a chance. She’ll just have to work hard to make Byul look her way.

 

Flashback

 

“Soojung-ssi,” a middle-aged couple called out to young middle-school student Krystal. “This is our son, Kai.” The young boy bowed to Krystal, which she returned. “Omo~ you two look good together.”

 

The boy smiled at his parents and then at Krystal. Krystal, however, was annoyed. Here they go again. They would try to partner them up together. She doesn’t smile at the boy or at the parents.

 

“You guys should date.”

 

Krystal’s eyebrows rose at the woman’s statement. She frowns at the boy who seems to like what was happening.

 

“Don’t mind my wife, Soojung-ssi.” The man says and Krystal relaxes a little. Finally, someone who was not desperate for connections or so Krystal thought.

 

“You would be leaving for the United States soon, wouldn’t you? Please take care and if you could, do mention us to your father. Kai would also be attending the same school a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter