Drama

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#np WJSN's Closer to You

2018

 

These past few weeks were a hectic one for me. Working on the huge case is definitely not easy, especially when it’s heavily publicized by the media. I couldn’t get enough sleep since I’m working on the case and I knew I have to win this, no matter what.

And surely, I did.

“As expected, our Wonho. I really can see my younger self in you. Your determination and wits, they are just as same as mine 30 years ago. And including good looks.” He chuckles in content and sips his drink.

I can’t help but to grin at my father in law’s words. Getting the recognition from your idol is the best thing you could receive. This definitely made my day.

“Congrats, dear. You did well.” This time, Bona’s mother speaks.

“Thank you, Abeonim, Omonim.” I nod my head in respect and when I glance at Bona who’s sitting beside me, she’s only eating her rice so absorbedly. Well, she always happy whenever she eats but she seem the happiest when she’s eating at her home, I just noticed.

 

“So, Bona. How’s living with Wonho?”

She freezes when her mother asks her that question.

“Hm, great. Wonho Oppa really takes good care of me.”

Oppa… Wow, it’s been a while since she called me that.

“I’m so glad. See, I know you’ll be happy when you married him.” Bona’s father says after clearing his throat. He appears much healthier now compared to the last I saw him. It seems that he’s getting happier now. Maybe this marriage does help him recover. “Take care of my baby, Wonho-ya. Make her happy. She deserves all the greatest things in this world.”

Suddenly, I feel a huge burden on my back when Mr. Jaewook utters those words to me, even more when Bona herself is sitting beside me. How would he feel if he knew we are not a real married couple? Even though we’re not, I know I should try to take care of her and make her a bit happy at the very least.

But no, I don’t think I can.

 

Bona deserves much better than me.

 

“Y-Yes, I’ll try, Abeonim.” Those words seems stuck in my throat but I still manage to tell him that.

 

 

“By the way, Appa. Omma, I got a job in a construction company. I’m starting next week.”

Oh, Bona didn’t tell me anything. I guess she doesn’t have to since we agreed not to meddle in each other’s lives.

 

But why am I feeling a bit disappointed?

 

“Really? Congrats! Wah, two good news in a day. I’m so happy.”

She grins when she saw her father’s smile. I notice that she smiles a lot whenever she’s at her home. But then I start to think… Is it wrong to take her away from her parents?

“Yes, I just got the call today. I want to surprise everyone, including Wonho Oppa.” She says cheerfully and turns to look at me. This cheery façade, is this real or is it just an act in front of her parents like we had agreed on?

“Congrats, Bona. I know you’ll do great.” I can only say that and beams back but oddly, I think I like seeing her like this, even if it’s just an act.

 

*

 

When her parents found out that I’m on leave tomorrow, they immediately insisted for us to spend a night here. It was too sudden, I told them. I didn’t even brought a change of clothes. And so, they finally let us go after we promised to stay for the night on our next dinner together.

“Meeting your parents is always fun.”

“Yes, you’re right. When are yours coming back, Wonho-ssi?”

 

Wonho Oppa. I really want her to call me that again…

 

“Not sure. They are always random, you know how my dad is… They can even be here tomorrow, who knows.” I answer with and takes off my jacket after we entered the apartment.

“Where are they now this time?”

“A country at the sou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter