Time

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#np Monsta X's In Time

2019

 

The sound my phone ringing interrupts our conversation. I quickly pick the call up, still breathing hard from the frustration.

“Wonho?”

That tension died down when I heard my father in law’s voice.

“Oh, Abeonim.”

I glance at Bona who appears to be interested to listen to my conversation with her father.

“Come to the house tomorrow for dinner. I want to talk to you. Bring Bona too if you want.” He hung up before I could reply anything.

 

“My father?”

“Y-Yes. He wants us to come for dinner tomorrow night.”

“Oh…”

Suddenly, I feel afraid.

As I stare at the steering wheel before me, I start to imagine bad things that he would say to me. He just talked to my father not too long ago and that what makes me feel a bit anxious.

“W-Wonho-ssi.” Her voice shook me from my little daydream.

Now I remembered that we were in the middle of an important conversation.

“I-I’m hungry.” She mutters while eyeing the road before us.

I let out a sigh of defeat as I stare at her tired façade.

 

 

I’ll let her off for now.

 

*

 

I used to think people who are in love are so silly. To see how they do crazy things because of it, I couldn’t comprehend them at all. The images of those people crying so badly, laughing so hard because of someone not related to you, it’s just so incredible… People even write songs out of love.

Now, I can understand.

 

Love can make you go crazy. And it is indeed a surreal experience. But then, I start to think of what my father used to ask me when we went fishing before.

How do I feel for Bona?

 

 

All I know is I already miss her.

Even when we only had dinner together a couple of hours ago. Since I realize how much love I harbour for Bona, this feeling just burst out, overwhelming me and I just couldn’t get enough of her.

So, this is how love felt.

 

As I stare at the empty spot beside my bed, I start to think of her again. Oh how much I want her to lie next to me right now… I glance at my watch and it’s almost midnight. Then I start to wonder, is Bona already asleep? Gosh, I want see her so bad.

After contemplating with myself for quite a while, I decided to see her, to say good night to her at least. With quiet steps, I head towards her room at the other side of the apartment. Surprisingly, her door is left open just a bit that I can see inside through the small gap. It’s quiet but the room’s still bright. Maybe she’s already asleep but at least I want to see her face before I go to sleep.

 

Should I knock?

 

I gently push the door, afraid if I would make any noise that could wake her up but when I completely push the door open, I can see her small figure lying on her stomach, back facing me. She appears unmoving with earphones plugged in on her bed. Bona seems to be watching a drama so intently. I’m guessing she doesn’t even notice me coming in here.

No wonder… It’s Lee Jongsuk’s drama.

I let out a small chuckle and continue to stare at her.

 

Bona… She’s only wearing an oversized t-shirt and a cute underwear, exposing her beautiful legs that I adore (and a bit of her buttcheeks). Suddenly, I have the urge to just go and embrace her but I held myself back.

Just for a little while longer…

Smirking, I cross my arms, wondering when she would finally notice my presence here. But not too long after, he phone beside her suddenly rings. Bona quickly takes her earphone off after smoothly hitting the pause button and picks up the call.

“Yes? Ahaha… Yeap, I’m watching a drama. Taeil-ssi, it’s a bit late…”

 

That guy again.

 

I breathe hard.

Why is he calling somebody’s wife this late at night again? That guy is fully aware that Bona’s already a married woman, so why is he still bothering her?

Is he out of his mind?

“Yes, it’s fun. I’m catching up with an old drama… Oh actually, the designs for the rooms are almost done, don’t worry. I’ll show them to you tomorrow.” Bona slowly sits up and sighs deeply. “It’s Lee Jongsuk’s drama… No, it’s a last year’s drama… Oh, okay... Um, Taeil-ssi, I want to continue watching the drama if you don’t mind…”

I can’t help but to smile at her response.

“I-I’m sorry –“

Bona couldn’t finish her words and let out a loud gasp when she turns to her back. The look of horror is plastered all over her face as she stares at my figure by her door.

“Oh n-no, no. I-I it’s just. Um, c-can we talk tomorrow? G-Good night.” She hastily hangs up and throws her phone on the bed.

 

 

“W-Wonho-ssi. S-Since when you’re here?” She stutters while hastily covering her legs with the covers.

“I don’t know... Since you left your door open?” I said and take small steps closer towards her.

“W-Why’re you here?”

“Why can’t I?”

She doesn’t answer while keeping her gaze to everywhere but my eyes. I turn to look at her laptop on the bed beside her.

“No wonder I didn’t see you watch any drama at the living room anymore… You’re watching it by yourself nowadays, Bona?” I asked and by the time I’m right beside her bed, I carefully sit on it. Bona rapidly scoots away until her back hits the headboard behind her while pulling the thin blanket close to her laps.

“I-I thought I might be bothering you or something...” She answered with an awkward laugh.

 

 

“I… I just came by to say good night but it turns out that he’s the first one who got to.” I said after a short silence.

“T-Taeil… H-He just called about work.”

“Fine…” I roll my eyes, a bit lazy to argue when they were obviously talking about Lee Jongsuk before.

“So… Good night, Wonho-ssi.”

I’m a bit disappointed. It’s as if she’s asking me to leave her room this instance.

“You want me to leave now? How mean...” I pout. “And what’s with pulling this blanket a bit too hard? I’ve already seen everything, just so you know.”

Her cheeks immediately flushes into pink, cute.

Carefully, I reach for her hand on the covers and squeeze it tight.

 

“Why’re you still pushing me away, Bona? What more should I do so that you’ll open yourself up to me?”

 

She doesn’t answer but to stare at my hand on hers. I can’t tell what she’s thinking. Sometimes, I thought I was already too late but at times, she just walked so close to my heart.

I’m confused.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter