Mark

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- It's been a while~ I'm really sorry for the delay. Before I begin the chapter, I would like to share to you guys that I'm finally finished with my studies after 7 freaking years TT. I've been busy with graduation stuff which explains the delay in updating this fic. Thanks so much for the wishes and now I can concentrate on this fic, finally. So please enjoy your read and thanks for reading up until this chapter. I'm actually not done with uni stuff, so I apologize beforehand if there's still a delay in update in the future. Have a nice day all! Here's an extra long chapter for you^^.

 

#np Lyn's Teddy Bear

2018

 

I feel like banging my head onto the wall for eternity. Everything came back into my head as soon as I opened my eyes that morning. The image of her teary eyes, the way she begged for me to stop, it’s as vivid as if it had just happened. Everything was out of my control. I lost my rational mind at that time.

I was the biggest jerk to Bona.

 

“I hate you.”

 

Those words keeps echoing in my mind. Yes, I guess I deserve it.

I’m so stupid. I’m nothing but a dirt.

 

 

It’s Christmas’ Eve. Bona, she’s locked inside her room since morning. Didn’t she want to spend it with her family? At times like this, she should have a feast with them. Guilt starts to overwhelm me yet again and with careful steps, I walk towards her room and knock on her door.

“Bona? Aren’t you hungry? What do you want to eat?”

As expected, there’s no response.

But before I take a step away, the doorbell suddenly rings.

 

“Wonho-ya, it’s your mum..!”

 

That faint voice from behind the door… I can’t help but to let out a loud gasp. But then, the door behind me clicks.

“Who is it?” Bona asks.

“My mum.”

“What?!”

Panicked, the two of us run hurriedly towards the door. Carefully, I peek at the door hole and to my surprise, not only my mother’s here but my father as well. They’re holding a luggage each that my heart’s beating faster. My mind’s frantically thinking on how to handle this situation.

After gathering my thoughts, I clear my throat and slowly open the door with a smile and Bona standing beside me.

“Wonho-ya! Jiyeon-ah!”

“H-Hello, Omonim, Abeonim.” Bona bows in respect.

“What are you two doing here?” I let out a fake laugh as the two of them entered my apartment. My mother’s wearing a striking traditional Ethiopian scarf around her neck while having a cheery grin on her face. She also appears more tanned since the last time I saw her, my father too.

“Why? Can’t we visit? It’s been a while since I’ve seen you. Jiyeon too.”

“We came straight from the airport. We thought it’d be a good idea to celebrate Christmas with you two this year.” My father speaks and taps my arm before walking towards the couch by the TV. “Aigoo, I’m so tired from the long flight.”

“Omma, Appa, why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming?”

“We just want to surprise you, dear. Wonho-ya, help me carry my stuff. You have another room, right? Aigoo, it’s been a while since I’ve been here…”

“Wait!” I hold my mother’s arm before she can walk towards Bona’s room. Everything would be exposed if she went into that room. “The room’s messy, Omma.”

“I don’t mind. I can sleep in the living room with your dad. I just want to put my things there.”

“T-There’s no room for your bags, Omma.”

“Yah, Shin Wonho! What nonsense are you saying?”

“Ah! Actually Ommonim, I put my things in that room.” Bona suddenly speaks up. “I put most of my stuff there too since Wonho Oppa’s room’s a bit small.” She says and lets out a small laugh.

“Ohh… But my things and your father’s are not that much. We’re only staying here for only a day or so.”

“Okay, Ommonim. I’ll help you put your things inside. Let’s go.”

My mother lets out a high pitch laugh and locks arms with her daughter in law happily. Bona… She’s having that smile again, the one I’m not sure whether it’s real or not. I let out a deep sigh and turn my attention to the living room.

My dad, he’s already asleep on the couch.

 

 

 

“I do my work here too, Omonim. This explains

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter