Distant

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#np MindU's Bored

2018

 

It’s strange to call her Bona. She feels so distant.

 

“Jiyeon.”

 

“Y-yes?” Her voice never changed even after all these years. Even though she seems a lot thinner, and she dresses like a woman now, some parts of her is still the same. She has heavy makeup put on to her tonight, unlike her fresh and innocent looks years ago, Her raven hair’s longer and it went down until her waist, she looks so different. She is a real woman now.

8 years is definitely not a short period of time.

“Let’s just eat and leave. I’ll send you home.”

She doesn’t answer and takes out her iPhone. Her gaze never left that screen that I wonder if she really hates being here. But after all these years, isn’t she happy to see me again? I know I am but receiving her cold actions like now, I just can’t seem to speak warmly to her like years ago.

Is she still not over that silly matter?

 

“I-I don’t really agree on this, Wonho-ssi. I’m going back to Japan.”

Her words are filled with formalities that I somehow hate. She puts away her phone and looks into my eyes. Something sharp hits my stomach as she stared at me with that hateful look. Yeah, she used to make that face when we were at school years ago whenever I broke dinner promises or forgot her birthday but today, it’s as if she hated me to guts.

“I also feel the same way. We just have to talk to our parents. I’m sure nothing will happen.” I answer calmly and take a deep breath.

 

How are you, Bona-ya? What have you been up to these days?

 

Those are the words I wanted to say but they won’t come out from my mouth. I my lips, hesitating but not soon after, our food arrives. We eat in silence but when I swallowed my last bite of spaghetti, she suddenly starts to speak.

“Don’t you have a girlfriend?”

“Eung?”

“I-I mean, s-she definitely won’t let this m-marriage happen, right?”

I let out a small laugh.

Her stutters, they haven’t changed.

 

2009

 

“Deep breath, Bona.”

She followed my words as I brought my hands up and down, gesturing her to relax. The cheering sound of the crowd behind us probably made her feel even more nervous. I let out a small chuckle while seeing her cute acts. She then couldn’t stop pacing around the backstage with the piece of paper in her right hand. That’s when I decided to catch her other free hand.

I was not surprised, her hand was cold as ice.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter