Stay

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#np Luna's Night Reminiscin’

2018

 

The way those eyes looks at us, these people chattering about how perfect we look together… I don’t know how to feel about it. It’s strange since both of us are not actually a real couple. It’s burdening, even smiling doesn’t help. I’m all drained out so quickly. My feet feel heavy on every complement I heard tonight and all I want is to slip away from this place.

But I can only go up until the banquet table.

 

At least good food makes me feel a bit at ease. My eyes immediately caught the sight of the last piece of tiramisu on the table that my chest flutters in excitement. With light steps, I reach for the delicious looking cake.

Right just when I’m craving for something sweet…

“Oh?”

My fork touches the tiramisu first. When I look up to the owner of the other fork to fight for the cake, I can’t help but to let out a small chuckle.

“It’s you…”

“Wow, your hands are so fast.” Taeil says and retreated his fork, his other free hand’s holding a small plate but I notice there’s already bits of cakes on it. “I already ate it. It’s delicious.”

“Really?”

“Yeap.” He urges. “You wanna eat something else? I’ll take it for you.” He continues and take a huge plate not too far from where we’re standing. He already put his small plate away.

“Eh, no, no. It’s okay. I’ll take the food myself.”

“It’s fine really. I already took mine by the table over there. Let’s accompany each other. It’s a bit awkward to eat by yourself.”

I look into his warm but lonely eyes. Taeil’s the only one in this hall who doesn’t say any word about me and Wonho, nothing about how compatible we are for each other, nothing about my marriage.

He’s the only way I can escape for the night.

 

*

 

Wonho is definitely not himself. It’s obvious because the smell of alcohol is too strong when he’s near. He’s leaning his head against the car’s window while I’m having my hands on the steering wheel, already asleep maybe. It’s been a quite some time since I’ve driven a car, so I’m driving extra careful.

 

“Bona-ya.” He suddenly moans but his body’s still unmoving.

I let out a sigh, reminding myself that Wonho’s drunk.

“Bona-ya. Talk to me.”

“We’re almost home Wonho-ssi.” I reply and slightly speed the car up.

“Can I ask you a favour, Bona-ya? Call me Oppa again, like old times.” He then he starts to starts to sing the chorus of SNSD’s ‘Oh’ that I shake my head at his drunken habit.

This guy, he’s totally wasted.

 

Thankfully, we arrived at his apartment not too long after that.

“Wonho-ssi. Let’s go. Can you walk?” I ask after I opened his side of the car’s door. He’s still having his eyes closed while his head is limp on the headrest of the car seat.

No response.

“Wonho-ssi!” I slightly raised my voice that he suddenly jerks up.

I had to help him walk which was a tiring thing to do since he weighs about a ton. Sometimes I thought I could hear him mumbling names, including mine while we’re walking towards the house.

 

 

“I’m fine, Bona!”

He suddenly pushes my body away when we entered the apartment. His staggers on his feet but still managed to keep his stance after a short while. But instead of heading towards his room, Wonho hastily walks towards the direction to my room that I can’t help but to catch up to him.

“Wait! This’s my room, Wonho-ssi..!”

I catch his arm and try to pull him out but he quickly brushes my hands off and plops his body onto my bed.

This is so frustrating, my head feels hot. Why did he drank too much?

I don’t feel like waking him up yet. All I know is I want to take this itchy dress off and take a nice hot shower.

 

*

 

As I stare at my own reflection in the mirror, I bring my hands up to cup my cheeks. These hurt, from all the smiling during the party earlier, even more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter