14th March

My Robotic Boyfriend

Author's Note:
Hey guys ! (: I know I said that this would be the last chapter but the ending got a little too long... So I decided to split it into 2 chapters. I have finished typing so I would post the final chapter tomorrow morning! ^^ For now, enjoy this chapter first (:

 

Sitting up from her bed, Hye Ri found the space occupied by L empty.

“He left?!” Hye Ri thought as she stumbled out of the bed.

Entering the living room, her mind was immediately set at ease when she saw L smiling at her.

“Morning~” He beamed.

“Mo-morning.” Hye Ri tried to sound normal, hiding her prior anxiety.

“Go wash up and breakfast will be ready soon!” Myung Soo said with another charming smile.

Normally, his smile would brighten her day but not today. Nodding her head, Hye Ri walked back into her bathroom. Standing before the mirror, she broke down. The anxiety aroused in her when she thought L left came back. Tears flowed down her cheeks as fear struck her.

“Today is the 14th, the day Myung Soo would be taken away…” Hye Ri thought.

“Hye Ri-ah, are you done?” Myung Soo asked worriedly, knocking on the door because she had been inside for quite some time.

“Y-yea.” Hye Ri answered hastily as she wiped off her tears.

After washing up, she exited the bathroom and reassured Myung Soo with a forced smile. Sitting down at the table with Myung Soo opposite her, Hye Ri began eating the breakfast he prepared. She was placing the food in and chewing it but somehow she couldn’t taste anything at all. Then, the doorbell rang. Hye Ri dropped her cutlery as her heart fell.

“I will answer it.” Myung Soo said as he walked towards the door.

“Myung Soo.” Hye Ri called out as she held onto his hand.

She didn’t want to answer the door because she knew the person standing behind that door was here to take L back.

“It’s alright, I will go get it.” Myung Soo said as he patted on Hye Ri’s hand reassuringly.

He did not see Hye Ri’s worry. Opening the door, L saw Sung Yeol who waved to him.

“Hey, L.” Sung Yeol greeted with his sunshine smile.

“Hey.” Myung Soo said.

“It’s really him.” Hye Ri muttered as she got up from her seat weakly.

“Hello Hye Ri, we met again.” Sung Yeol said as he stepped into the apartment.

“Hi.” Hye Ri answered.

He was the last person she wanted to see again since the Jeju Island trip.

“Can you please get the metal casing we used to contain L the other time?” Sung Yeol requested as he placed his brief case down.

“Ok.” Hye Ri muttered softly as she dragged her heavy footsteps to the storage room.

“I will help you.” Myung Soo said as he followed behind her.

Taking over the case from Hye Ri’s hands, L handed it to Sung Yeol. With her head hanging low, Hye Ri walked back to Sung Yeol.

“We will be going already.” Sung Yeol informed.

“I…I…will send you off.” Hye Ri forced those words out of as she pulled herself together.

She promised herself not to let a single tear fall before Myung Soo. She wanted it to be a cheerful farewell instead of a painful one. However, up till now, it was already killing her inside. She was no longer confident about the promise she made to herself. Taking the lift down, there was an awkward silence in the air. Sung yeol observed the two quietly and he knew better to remain silent. It was not his first time doing something like this but Hye Ri’s response was something different.

Most of the female clients he encountered would be crying their heart out, clinging onto their robotic boyfriends already. Then the next thing they would do is beg Sung Yeol to lengthen his stay. They were always a hard nut to crack but Hye Ri behaved differently. She was quiet, too quiet. From her eyes, Sung Yeol could tell she was hurting inside. Myung Soo felt a funny sensation within him too. He knew it was abnormal and he couldn’t make out the reason behind it. Exiting the lift, they headed to Sung Yeol’s van. Sung Yeol loaded the metal casing onto the van, leaving the two to have their last conversation.

“Goodbye. Take care.” Hye Ri said as she bit her inner cheek, forcing herself not to cry.

She knew if she said more things, she would start crying so she kept her words simple and short. There were actually many things that were piling up in Hye Ri’s mind but she only said those three words. Tears were forming and circling in her eyes but she was trying her best to keep it in. L looked at Hye Ri and the funny feeling he experienced grew stronger. Then, he hugged her. With his strong arms embracing her, Hye Ri found herself crying in his chest. She couldn’t hold it in any longer. Those suppressed tears overflowed her eyes and were absorbed in L’s white shirt. He her hair gently and whispered into her ears.

“I will miss you.”

“Me too.” Another tear slipped out of her eyes.

“Don’t cry.” He said.

“Don’t leave.” Hye Ri begged as she tightened the hug.

“Let’s go, L.” Sung Yeol ordered as he got into the driver’s seat.

“I am sorry, Hye Ri.” L apologised as he broke the hug.