Birthday Wish

My Robotic Boyfriend

 “He…he is talking about his cell phone.” Hye Ri lied.

Soo Yeon pointed her finger at Myung Soo and back at Hye Ri, nodding her head away. She then giggled and collapsed onto the table. Hye Ri released her held breath and stared at Myung  Soo. Myung Soo smiled innocently and held up both of his hands, surrendering. Hye Ri dug in her bag and fumbled about with her hand phone. She was trying to call Sung Gyu but she couldn’t find his number in her unclear state of mind. L laughed a little before taking her phone over.

“Sung Gyu? I am Myung Soo. Soo Yeon is here with us at the eatery stall near Hye Ri and her office.  She is drunk so can you please come down and bring her home?” L asked.

“She is drunk? Okay. I will drive down right away.” Sung Gyu replied.

Not long later, Sung Gyu appeared in the shop with a worried look on.

“This girl can’t even take good care of herself when I am not around. L, thanks for calling me. I will drive her back. Oh, do you want me to give you two a ride? ”Sung Gyu asked.

“It’s alright. We will just take a cab home ourselves.” L declined his offer.

“Okay. We will leave first then.” Sung Gyu informed as he slung Soo Yeon’s arm around his neck and supported her.

After paying the bill, Hye Ri stumbled out of the shop carelessly. L followed behind her hurriedly and held onto her. Hye Ri pushed L’s hands away and walked away on her own. She swayed from left to right unsteadily. Then, she tripped on a stone and fell forward. L grabbed onto her hand and pulled her back, into his embrace. Hye Ri’s eyes shot wide open as she felt her heart beat faster. She wondered if it was the alcohol influence or because of their intimate distance.

*Command: Protect her from danger.

However, the thought of L being a robot struck her hard again. Hye Ri felt those hidden emotions explode from within her at the moment. With the help of the alcohol influence, she released everything she hid in her heart.

“Why… why must you be a god damn robot?! Why must you barge into my life and tell me you are leaving in the end? Why must I like someone… like you?” She cried as she pounded her fists at Myung Soo’s chest. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she slowly stopped hitting him. Myung Soo hugged her tightly and her hair gently.

“I hate you, Kim Myung Soo.” Hye Ri cried as she buried her face in his shoulders.

Reaching home, Hye Ri went into her room and plunged into her bed, without even bothering to change out of her clothes. L left her alone in the room as told by her and settled himself on the couch.

The clock went tick tock tick tock and it became 11.59 pm.

Myung Soo opened the door to Hye Ri’s room with a cake in his hands. The 26 lighted candles illuminated the room. L sang the birthday song beautifully and the startled girl sitting on her bed could only stare. He stopped and sat on her bed, bringing the cake closer to her.

“Happy Birthday Hye Ri. I am not the first to wish you but at least now I am the last.” He said with a cute smile.

“Hurry and make your birthday wish before blowing out the candles. There is approximately only 30 seconds left!” L reminded.

Shutting her eyes, she placed her hands together.

“I hope you would stay by my side, forever.” She wished as she opened her eyes and blew out the candles quickly.

Myung Soo smiled and looked at her who had a tear rolling down silently from her eye.

“Pabo. Are you that touched?” He asked and chuckled.

Putting away the cake, he removed the stray tear with his thumb.  Hye Ri nodded her head and faked a smile at him. Myung Soo then left the room and gotten a plate with a small fork. He sliced the cake and offered Hye Ri a slice. Taking the plate in her hands, she stared at L with her red, puffy eyes.

“Myung Soo, I am scared.” She thought to herself as she pulled her gaze away and placed a small piece into .

“How does it taste like? I made it by myself yesterday!” Myung Soo asked excitedly.

“It is delicious.” Hye Ri said with a mild smile.

Frankly, she couldn’t taste anything at all because her mind was no longer on the cake but on the boy sitting before her. After Hye Ri finished the cake, L took the plate out and washed up. He returned to the room and found Hye Ri already lying in bed, seemingly asleep. He smiled and closed the door. Hearing the sound of the door closing, Hye Ri opened her eyes.

“Wishes are meant to be fulfilled but how many of them really come true?” Hye Ri thought to herself as a tear escaped from her eyes once again.  

She doesn’t know why but she had an intuition that L would really leave her at the end of the day.  

“It’s the 7th. I have only one more week left here.” Myung Soo muttered under his breath.


Author's Note:
Hey everyone !:D
Sorry for the short update:X
Hope you enjoyed reading still~
Please subscribe/ comment? :)!
Bye <3