Dance Ball

My Robotic Boyfriend

“1,2,3,4…2,2,3,4…3,2,3,4…4,2,3,4… Okay, perfect!” Myung Soo said as he smiled with satisfaction.

“I finally did it without any mistake!” Hye Ri exclaimed excitedly as she clasped her hands together.

“I must have been a good teacher.” Myung Soo boasted with a smirk across his face.

“Nah, it’s because I am a fast learner!” Hye Ri said with a playful wink.

“You took four days to learn.” Myung Soo stated with a raised brow.

“Whatever.” She stuck out her tongue which made L laugh at her childishness.

“We have to leave soon.” Myung Soo said.

“Okay.” Hye Ri replied with a smile.

She sat on the couch, wanting to tighten the strap of her shoes before they leave. Then, Myung Soo kneeled before her and helped her fasten the buckle. Hye Ri froze as she stared at him.

“No one had ever done that for me.”  Hye Ri thought to herself.

“Done.” He said with a simple smile as he looked up at Hye Ri.

Hye Ri blushed a little and flashed him an awkward smile.

“You look pretty today.” Myung Soo complimented.

Hye Ri bit down on her lower lip as she felt her cheeks heat up further.

“Th-thank you.” Hye Ri stuttered slightly.

“Let’s go.” Myung Soo stood up and bent his arms slightly.

Hye Ri stood up too and linked arms with him shyly. Leaving home, the two headed to the venue. It was at an extravagant 5-star hotel’s ballroom. Handing the invitation card to the person-in-charge, they entered the place. It was already filled with the company’s staff and their partners by then. Everyone was formally dressed and enjoying themselves. Then, Hye Ri spotted Soo Yeon and Sung Gyu. Hye Ri smiled and walked in their direction with L.

“It’s Hye Ri and Myung Soo.” Sung Gyu whispered to Soo Yeon.

“Bestie~!!! I finally see you at dinner and dance!” Soo Yeon beamed.

“Yeah.” Hye Ri replied softly.

“You look gorgeous today.” Sung Gyu praised with a smile.

“Thanks.” Hye Ri replied.

“You are supposed to say something to me too.” Soo Yeon said as she stared at Myung Soo.

“I only say things like that to my girlfriend.” Myung Soo replied as he pulled Hye Ri closer to him.

“It’s basic formality.” Soo Yeon said and rolled her eyes.

Then, the lights of the ball room dimmed and a slow soothing music began playing. The male partners started asking their female partners for their hands. A few had already made their way to the dance floor while others placed their drinks down.

“We will go first.” Soo Yeon informed as she took Sung Gyu’s hand.

“May I ask you for a dance?” Myung Soo asked as he bowed down.

“Sure.” Hye Ri replied as she placed her hand on top of his palm.

Then, Myung Soo brought her hand to his lips and kissed it lightly. She stared at him with widened eyes but L merely smiled and led her to the dance floor. As practiced, she placed her hand on his shoulder and they started dancing. Their every move was well coordinated and smoothly carried out. Soon, the couple became the focus of the event. Everyone was looking at them in awe. All eyes were on them which made Hye Ri feel really nervous.

Then, Hye Ri’s heels tilted slightly making her lose balance.  Luckily, he pulled her back in time. Hye Ri flustered as she looked around in embarrassment. L tightened the grip on her hand and flashed a reassuring smile. Somehow, it had the effect of calming her uneasy heart.

“Look at me.” He instructed.

Hye Ri nodded lightly and took in a deep breath. Staring only at L, Hye Ri focused on the moves they practiced for the past few days. At the end of the music, L lowered Hye Ri gracefully. Ending it perfectly, they earned applause from everyone present at the event despite the small mistake made. Hye Ri straightened herself with L supporting her back and the two bowed down politely.

With drinks in their hand, they exited the ball room and walked over to the balcony. Enjoying the cold wind blowing outside, they rested their arms on the railings. The dark night sky was illuminated by the round moon and decorated with twinkling stars, randomly scattered. L was looking up, enjoying the scenery. Taking a small sip of her drink, Hye Ri’s gaze landed on L’s face.

“Thank you for tonight.” She said with a gentle smile.

“It’s my duty as your robotic boyfriend.” Myung Soo stated.

“Robotic boyfriend…” Hye Ri repeated to herself.

At that instant, she had almost forgotten that Myung Soo was her robotic boyfriend, a robot sent to her for only one month. Without her realizing, she had conveniently erased the fact that he was not a human. She had forgotten that he was just a product that would be returned to the company two days later because its trial period was over. Kim Myung Soo was just a product which had no feelings and whose sole purpose was to make the purchaser fall head over heels for him. In this way, the customer would pay more and more just to keep him by her side. She had forgotten. She had forgotten that she wasn’t supposed to fall for him, a mere robot.

A silent tear slipped out of her eyes as she looked away. She felt her heart ache at the thought of that. Unknowingly, he had become an important part of her and she couldn’t bear to think about his departure. The thought of him leaving suddenly became so real and imminent. It was as if reality slapped her straight in her face and reminded her that L was leaving her no matter what.

“Don’t cry.” L said as he wiped away the tear with his thumb. He noticed her crying when he heard her sniffing.

*Command: Wipe off her tears when she cries.

He placed his warm hands on her face and began removing the tears falling.

“Kim Myung Soo, I feel stupid for loving you…” Hye Ri thought to herself as more tears rolled down her cheeks.

“This is weird. Why do I actually feel hurt when I see her cry?” L thought to himself. He was not supposed to have feelings. After doing a search, the system couldn’t provide him with a compatible answer...


Author's Note:
Hey guys!:D
I took quite some time to type this chapter:X
I hope you guys enjoyed reading :)
Note: This fic is probably going to end in three chapter! ^^
Hope you would leave me a comment below! (:
Love to see new subscribers too ;D
Thanks for reading ~ <3