Birthday Celebration

My Robotic Boyfriend

“Happy Birthday, my darling~” Myung Soo wished Hye Ri the moment she stepped out of her bedroom.

“What’s with the ‘my darling’? You are like claiming ownership over me…” Hye Ri as she walked past L and to the dining table.

“Aren’t you mine already?” Myung Soo asked as he grabbed Hye Ri by her waist and pulled her towards him.

Hye Ri felt little or almost no space left between her and L as she held her breath. His words made her heart stop for a moment. She felt him moving closer to her face as her heart palpitated rapidly. He kissed her lightly on her cheek before moving back, smirking. Hye Ri’s lips parted slightly as she released her held breath.

“There, your birthday kiss. Happy Birthday, my birthday girl.” He said in his husky voice.

He then smiled gently and released her.

“Time to go for work…” Myung Soo reminded as he pushed her out of the door.

Then, Hye Ri’s phone vibrated. She received a text from Soo Yeon.

To: Hye Ri

Hey birthday girl! Let’s eat out today ~ Bring Myung Soo along!

“I am free.” Myung Soo said after peeping at her message.

“Hey, personal privacy!” Hye Ri moved her phone away defensively and stared at L.

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled sheepishly.

“I will meet you at your work place after you two end work then.” Myung Soo suggested.

To: Soo Yeon

Okay, L will be joining us after work for dinner!^^

“Bye~” L waved at Hye Ri.

“Bye.” She said shyly as her gaze landed on Myung Soo’s lips.

Entering the lift, Hye Ri’s hand unconsciously made its way onto her face, the spot where Myung Soo pecked. She smiled idiotically to herself before exiting the lift, getting ready for work.

“This is my first birthday kiss from a guy… I am glad it was from you, L.”  Hye Ri thought to herself.

“My bestie~ !!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Soo Yeon exclaimed loudly as she ran over to Hye Ri and hugged her tightly as if they had not seen each other for years.

“Soo…Soo Yeon, I… cannot breathe.” Hye Ri struggled to free herself.

“Oh, oops. Hehe, mian.” Soo Yeon realised her actions and hurriedly released her.

She then took out a pretty necklace from her pocket.

“Birthday gift! This is a friendship necklace~ I have one too. Look!” Soo Yeon said excitedly as she showed Hye Ri hers.

“Gomawo, Soo Yeon-ah.” Hye Ri flashed Soo Yeon a thankful smile as she accepted the gift.

Soo Yeon waved her hand casually before pulling Hye Ri to their work desks.

After work…

The two girls linked arms and exited their office lobby. A familiar figure was standing before them and Hye Ri recognised him straight away.

“Myung Soo?” she asked in an unsure tone.

L was dressed differently from before, more presentable to be exact. He turned about and waved at them with a charming smile which would probably melt the hearts of all girls.

*Flashback*

“Yoboseyo?” the person said.

“Sung Yeol! I need a new set of clothes…” L requested.

“What?! Your girlfriend doesn’t give you clothes to wear?” Sung Yeol questioned his request in disbelief.

“She does but I need to dress up slightly today. Come on. Just lend me yours…” L pleaded.

“Aish, like seriously… I am your technician but why do I feel like your nanny all the time?!” Sung Yeol complained.

“Thank you! You are really my best friend~” L said before hanging up.

Looking at Hye Ri’s document which he was browsing through before L called, he knew the reason behind his request.

“So it’s because today is her birthday huh?” he thought to himself and chuckled.

Some time later, Sung Yeol reluctantly drove down to Hye Ri’s house.

“There.” He said in an irritated tone before throwing the plastic bag at Myung Soo who caught it swiftly.  

“Thanks, bro!” he said excitedly as he checked out the bag.

“Whatever.” Sung Yeol rolled his eyes before turning around with his hands in his pocket.

“Yeol.” L called out.

“What now?” Sung Yeol spun around and asked boredly.

“Am I really going back on the 14th?” Myung Soo spoke.

“Yes.” Sung Yeol answered with a serious expression.

“Is it confirmed?” L continued.

“Yea, I have run a brief check on her accounts. She won’t be able to pay for the renewal fees… You will have to follow me back on the 14th. You do know that it is never up to us, right? So don’t treat her too well lest the parting gets too difficult for her.” Sung Yeol warned before leaving, not wanting to continue the conversation any further.

*End of flashback*

“But she is my… girlfriend. I am supposed to treat her nicely till the end of our contract.” Myung Soo thought to himself.

Hye Ri smiled and waved shyly at Myung Soo who looked as good as a celebrity.

“You look so…” Hye Ri paused as she felt her face heat up.

“She wants to say handsome.” Soo Yeon finished off and winked at Hye Ri playfully.

“Yah.” Hye Ri nudged her best friend as she blushed.

“So my pretty ladies, shall we get going?” Myung Soo asked with another smile.

The two giggled before heading towards the eatery shop they frequented. Sitting at the table, the food was served shortly. During the dinner, Soo Yeon’s phone vibrated suddenly. She read a text and slammed her phone furiously on the table.  The couple turned to her and stared at each other in a confused manner. Soo Yeon seemed to be mad.

“Soo yeon-ah, what’s wrong?” Hye Ri asked in concern.

“That stupid Kim Sung Gyu! He promised to join us yesterday but he stood me up again… Hye Ri-ah, do you know how bad he is? It had been a long time since we saw each other already but he kept missing our dates… He doesn’t even bother to change his excuse of being busy with work. I think he doesn’t love me anymore!” Soo Yeon complained angrily as she tilted her head backwards, trying hard not to cry.

“Lady boss! Give me three bottles of beer please!” Soo Yeon raised her hand and ordered.

“Beer?” Hye Ri looked to Soo Yeon.

“It’s your birthday today… Let’s not talk about this topic anymore. We will have more fun without him. Come on, bottoms up!” Soo Yeon said as she picked up the one of the served bottles and knocked it against Hye Ri’s.

Hye Ri picked up the bottle unwillingly and started drinking too. She was a poor drinker but seeing Soo Yeon looking so down she decided to accompany her a bit. After all, Myung Soo was there and she felt safe. L stared at the two who was drinking as if there was no tomorrow. He looked down at the empty bottles lying messily on the table and back at the two girls who were nonsensically blabbering away.

“Battery is running low…” Myung Soo sat up straight and reported.

Soo Yeon stared at L with an eyebrow raised while Hye Ri gasped at his words.

“.” She thought to herself as she sobered up from the fright.


Author's Note:
Hey!:D How was the new update ?? :)
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading and will leave me a comment below ^^
I would love if you subscribe too! :D
Thanks for reading 'My Robotic Boyfriend' ^^