Realisation

My Robotic Boyfriend

“Yoboseyo?” Hye Ri answered the phone call.

“HAN HYE RI! Faster, faster… Fill me in!~” Soo Yeon was practically screaming on the other end.

“Soo Yeon-ah! At this rate, I am going to go deaf by the end of the conversation!” Hye Ri exclaimed.

“Oops, mian.” Soo Yeon giggled.

“Umm…It was just that on some day Woo Hyun knew that I am with Myung Soo so he told me he was giving up on me. Then, one day he came to my house and told me that he wants a fair competition with Myung Soo who gladly accepted. Yea, the end.” Hye Ri summarised.

“That’s all? Han Hye Ri, you must have been a really nice person in your past life to have two hot guys courting you… Ah! Anyways, who is your final winner?!” Soo Yeon asked as she pressed the phone closer to her ear and adjusted her position on her bed.

Unknown to Hye Ri, Myung Soo was standing by the door eavesdropping on their conversation.

“I… actually don’t have that kind of feeling for Woo Hyun. I only regard him as a close friend.” Hye Ri admitted.

Myung Soo was smirking and doing a small victory dance by the door. All the anger from before vanished with Hye Ri’s words.

“WHAT?! Did you just rejected the handsome, rich and awesome Nam Woo Hyun?” Soo Yeon gasped and face palmed herself.

“Umm…”Hye Ri did not know what to say.

“Okay, fine. So you like and is choosing Myung Soo?” Soo Yeon questioned.

“I guess so.” Hye Ri answered. She couldn’t believe she just admitted she fell for him. She knew he was a robot and she should not and must not fall for him. However, the answer was so obvious and clear to her now.

“O-kay…Oh! Oh! Hye Ri-ah! Hehe…I have an incoming call from Sung Gyu!~Talk to you another day! Bye!” Soo Yeon said and hung up on Hye Ri.

Sighing and shaking her head, Hye Ri put the phone down on her bed.

“Now…what should I do with Myung Soo? He is probably still angry with me… It is all because of my stupid poor memory!” Hye Ri reprimanded herself and started hitting her head.

Then, a hand from behind grabbed her hand and hugged her with the other. Hye Ri was shocked and frozen. Instinctively, she turned behind to see who it was. Then, she realised it was Myung Soo whose face was just inches away from hers. She could feel his breath and could see all his features close-up. She gasped and turned away with reddened cheeks. Myung Soo chuckled at her response and released her. He then took the space before her on her bed.

“So you want to apologise?” Myung Soo asked with a raised brow.

Hye Ri avoided his gaze and nodded meekly.

“I am sorry.” Hye Ri apologised, looking down.

Myung Soo was actually no longer angry with her but he decided to for a bit.

“Not enough.” Myung Soo replied.

“What?” Hye Ri looked up, confused.

“Birthday kiss.” He demanded, pointing to his cheek with a cheeky smile on his face.

“Oh! Today is your birthday?! Damn. Sorry… I didn’t know! I mean I…” Hye Ri couldn’t finish her sentence when Myung Soo interrupted.

“It’s alright. Make up with a birthday kiss…” Myung Soo tapped his cheek and winked at her.

Hye Ri took a deep breath and flushed at his request.

“Just a light peck to appease him. Han Hye Ri, you can do it!” Hye Ri thought to herself.

Hye Ri felt her heart thumping hardly as if trying to break her rib cage. She moved closer to Myung Soo slowly and gave him a light peck on his cheek. As she was about to withdraw quickly, Myung Soo pulled her towards him with his hand placed on her back. Their bodies were so close to each other, leaving no space. Hye Ri’s mouth formed an ‘O’ shape at his surprise action.

“Birthday hug.” He whispered into her ears and smiled.

Hye Ri’s heart was beating at an irregular fast pace but she could not feel Myung Soo’s. It turned out that she had forgotten. She had forgotten that he was a robot without a heart. She had forgotten that he was not a human. She had forgotten that he had no feelings. She had forgotten that they cannot be together. Then, she pushed him away and ran into the toilet. Myung Soo was left sitting there, dumbfounded. He then followed her and stopped before the toilet door.

“Hye Ri, you alright?” Myung Soo asked in concern.

“Yea. I… have stomach ache.” Hye Ri lied.

“Okay.” Myung Soo replied and left.

Tears were streaming down her face at the thought of her loving a cyborg that will never be able to reciprocate her love for real. She covered her face with her hands and cried harder.

“What should I do?” Hye Ri thought to herself.

After staying in the toilet for some time, Hye Ri wiped off her tears and exited the wash room. She saw Myung Soo standing outside, holding a cup of water. He handed her the stomach upset pill and the water. Hye Ri took it over and pretended to swallow the pill. Without him noticing, she threw the pill away in the dustbin beside her. Then, Myung Soo spoke.

“Battery running low.” He said in the same monotone voice as before.

Hye Ri brought him to the living room and plugged in the charger for him. Instantly, Myung Soo shut his eyes and went into charging mode. With tears rolling down her face again, she caressed Myung Soo’s cheeks.

“Will you always stay with me or is there a time when you need to go?” Hye Ri asked as she stared at Myung Soo.

Myung Soo’s face remained unmoved as he was currently in charging mode. Hye Ri removed her hand from his face, shut her eyes and ran back into her room. Plopping herself into her bed, she cried. She was at a loss because she had a feeling that the answer was he will leave her when the time eventually comes.


Author's Note:
Hey there!:D How was the new update?:)
Please comment/subscribe, alright? ^^
Thanks for reading (x ~