Fear

My Robotic Boyfriend

Before going to work, Hye Ri walked over to her table. Picking up the marker pen lying on the table, she marked a small cross on 5th March and sighed. It was one day away from her birthday but she felt no excitement at all. Instead, she felt worried because she was one day closer to the 14th.

L was going to be taken away on the 14th of March.

“Not going to work?” Myung Soo asked as he leaned against her bedroom door, folding his arms.

“Yea, I am going…” Hye Ri said as she nervously put the calendar down and stood up.

She then left the room and Myung Soo followed behind her. Slipping onto her shoes, she waved him goodbye with a plastered smile.

“Bye.” Myung Soo said as he waved back at her.

After she left, Myung Soo went back to her room and picked up the calendar on her table.

“She circled 14th March, the day Sung Yeol will bring me back to the company…” Myung Soo thought as he placed the calendar back in place.

After working for some time, it was finally lunch break.

“Hye Ri-ah~ It’s finally unch time! Let’s go already~” Soo Yeon beamed as she held onto Hye Ri’s arm like a child would do to their mother.

“Soo Yeon-ah. I have got something to do so can you go for lunch with the others instead?” Hye Ri said apologetically.

“You are such a bad friend, abandoning me for work…” Soo Yeon muttered as she sniffed and pretended to wipe off tears in her eyes.

“Sorry…” Hye Ri said with an apologetic smile.

“Arraso. I am not that petty. Need me to buy some food for you?” Soo Yeon asked.

“Yea. Thank you so much ~ You are the best!” Hye Ri said as she smiled sweetly at her best friend.

“I know that.” Soo Yeon winked as she patted on Hye Ri’s shoulders before skipping off to join their other colleagues.

Seeing that the office was empty, Hye Ri took out her phone and called someone.

“Yoboseyo?” The person answered the call.

“Hello aunt! I am Hye Ri…” Hye Ri told her aunt.  

“Oh! Hye Ri-ah! How have you been?” Her aunt asked excitedly.

“I am doing fine. How are you? Is Nana feeling better?” Hye Ri asked in a concerned tone.

“Ah, yea. She is recovering fast after the surgery. It is all thanks to you that we could get the operation done…” Her aunt continued.

“It was nothing. I ought to help since I had the means too… But aunt, I am in need of money recently so is it possible if you…” Hye Ri paused, knowing her aunt would get her hint to pay her back some of the sum she loaned them.

“Hye Ri-ah, I am so sorry. I am taking on many jobs already but we still can’t really make ends meet. I still need to pay for Nana’s medicine. I promise I will pay you back some time later. Will you please give us more time to return the money to you?” Her aunt pleaded.

“Ah, actually I don’t need that money back that urgently so it’s okay, aunt. You can take your time… My problem is not really serious.” Hye Ri lied.

“Thank you, Hye Ri. Oh! Nana is calling for me… I will get going first. Talk to you another time.” The aunt notified before ending the call quickly.

Putting her phone away, Hye Ri sighed. She had definitely not enough money left in her bank to extend Myung Soo’s stay by another month. He was going to get taken away at this rate and she could not even bear to think about that.

“Myung Soo-ah, what should I do?” Hye Ri thought as she ruffled her hair in frustration before collapsing onto the table in despair.

After work…

Hye Ri dragged her exhausted self home and pressed the doorbell. Myung Soo answered the door and greeted her with a warm smile. It was always his smile which took away all her tiredness.

“I am back.” Hye Ri announced with a smile.

“Welcome home!” Myung Soo said as he mimicked the action of a bell boy welcoming a hotel guest at the lobby.

Hye Ri giggled and entered her house. Then, Myung Soo suddenly hugged her from behind. Hye Ri dropped her work bag in shock and formed an ‘O’ shape. Her eyes widened as she felt her heart race faster and faster with each passing millisecond. She felt his body touching her back and her face started to turn warm.

*Command: Sneak up from behind and give her a light hug to make her happy.

Hye Ri swallowed her saliva as she felt L rest his head on hers.

“Myung…Myung Soo, what… what are you doing?” Hye Ri stammered.

“Hugging you?” He replied innocently and chuckled.

Hye Ri closed her eyes and remained in her position, enjoying being in his embrace. However, she feared. She feared that this would be the last hug they would share. She hated how she was thinking that way in their sweet moment but she couldn’t help it. Hye Ri took his arms off her waist and turned about to face him. Looking at him, tears began to form in her eyes.

“Kim Myung Soo, don’t ever leave me behind…” Hye Ri threw her arms around his waist and cried.

Burying her face in his chest, she cried harder.

“Pabo. I will never leave you. Remember? I am yours.” Myung Soo reassured as he her hair gently.

His words made her heart at ease but those tears just refused to stop. After a round of crying, Hye Ri went into her room, washed up and hurriedly climbed into bed. She covered herself in the thick blanket and shut her eyes tight. Seconds after, Myung Soo knocked onto her door but there was no response. Opening it, he saw the lights were off and Hye Ri was already lying down in her bed. He walked over to her, leaned down and gave her a light peck on her forehead.

“Sleep well…” He whispered to her and smiled.

After he left the room, Hye Ri opened her eyes and it was instantly filled with tears.

“I really don’t know anymore…” She mumbled as she turned and cried into her pillow.

When the clock struck 12 am, Hye Ri’s phone vibrated. Opening her bleary eyes, Hye Ri accepted the call and placed her phone on her ear.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” A familiar voice wished.

Hye Ri sobered up slightly and a smile crept up her face. She sat up and rubbed her eyes a few times.

“Woo Hyun! Thank you for remembering my birthday…” Hye Ri said gratefully.

“You are welcome. How have you been?” Woo Hyun continued.

At that moment, a black figure appeared at Hye Ri’s door. He wanted to be the first to wish her happy birthday but someone had beaten him in doing so. He closed the door slowly as he saw Hye Ri chatting happily away with Woo Hyun on the phone. 


Author's Note:
HEY!:D This is my first chapter update after AFF's web problem :)
Hope you enjoyed reading ^^
Please comment/ subscribe if you did not :D !
Thanks for reading ~