The first kiss

My Robotic Boyfriend

As they finished the walk, they returned home. It was dark and as Hye Ri fumbled her way through the darkness for the switch, she kicked the metal casing that was lying on the ground. She fell forward but to her surprise, she landed on a warm body. It was not the ground. She landed on Myung Soo.
* Command: Protect her from harm.

Hye Ri got up and asked worriedly, “Are you ok? Actually you don’t have to do that.”  “I am fine. It doesn’t hurt at all. ” He said with a smile. Hye Ri stood up and went for the lights. Switching them on, Hye Ri locked the metal casing and kept it in the store room. “Are you sleeping already?” He appeared by the door and asked her.

“Yea, soon. I need to work tomorrow. ” She said as she yawned and turned around. Suddenly, he walked up closer to her. He gave her a light hug from behind and whispered into her ears, “Goodnight, my girlfriend. Sweet dreams.”  Hye Ri was taken aback by his sudden action.
*Command: Sneak up and give her a light hug from behind.

She smiled and enjoyed the romantic moment. Then, he said something which spoiled the moment totally.

“Battery running low.” He said in a monotone manner. Hye Ri rolled her eyes as she led him to the power plug. Lifting up his shirt and looking away, Hye Ri plugged the charger into the plug. He then shut his eyes and resumed to sleep mode. “For that moment, I forgot that he was a robot.” Hye Ri said and laughed at herself.

She washed up and plunged into her fluffy bed. Closing her eyes, she slowly entered dream land. After hours of sleep, the alarm clock awakens her. With sleepy eyes, Hye Ri hit the snooze button on the alarm clock and continued sleeping. She slept late yesterday because of the walk with Myung Soo.

“R…I…N…G! ~” Her phone sounded. Picking up the phone she said in a sleepy manner, “ Hello.. Who is this?” “Han Hye Ri!You wouldn’t want to tell me you are still sleeping! You better sober up and get here in thirty minutes time!” the loud voice screamed into the phone. “umm… Okay. Bye.” She hung up before him. Suddenly, Hye Ri sat up and realised what trouble she had just gotten herself into.

Picking up the alarm clock, she widened her eyes. She was late for work. After brushing up quickly and changing into her clothes, she grabbed her lap top and bag. She dashed out of her room and saw Myung Soo still sitting there. She switched off the power plug and he opened his eyes. “Good morning! Did you sleep well?” He said with a smile. “I am in a hurry of time. I will talk to you when I get home. Lock the door and stay at home.” She ordered as she slipped into her shoes.

Myung Soo smiled and waved her goodbye. Hye Ri rushed downstairs, hailed a cab and was off to work. “Darn. I am screwed. That’s why I should get an alarm without snooze button.” She thought to herself as she tidied her hair.
*Command: Lock the door and stay home.

Myung soo sat down on the sofa and stared into blank space. On the other hand, Hye Ri got off the cab and rushed up to her office. “Hye ri. The boss is looking for you. He seems mad.” Her colleague gave a warning and pointed in the direction of the boss’s office. “Okay. I understand. Thank you.” Hye Ri said and managed a fake smile.

“Crap. I am going to be so damn screwed.” She thought to herself as she placed her belongings at her seat. “Yah! Han Hye Ri ! Where the hell were you! ”Her boss shouted at her. Closing the door behind her, Hye Ri stood there and received the scoldings from her boss. After some time, the ‘lecture’ was finally over.

“I am sorry. I promise this would not happen again. “ Hye Ri bowed and exited with her head down. Her boss took a deep breath and sat down on his seat.  Hye Ri walked quickly back to her seat and sat down, letting out a sigh of relief. “Hye Ri. Don’t be too sad. That crazy fellow is scolded by his boss today morning that’s why he is so upset. It is not your fault. That idiot merely took it out on you. Cheer up, okay?” Hye Ri’s best friend, Park Soo Yeon said with a reassuring smile.

“Yea, I guessed so. Don’t worry, I am strong. ” Hye Ri replied with a smile and took out her lap top. She continued with the proposal she was supposed to hand in the day after. Hye Ri and Soo Yeon were high school mates since years back. They applied for the job together and was both successfully recruited. They are both interested in the tourism industry. Their jobs are mainly producing tours packages which will attract business for the company.

After a long day of work, it was finally time to knock off. “Hye Ri, shall we go eat dinner together?” Soo Yeon said with a wide smile as she held onto Hye Ri. “So… Sung Gyu is not free today?” Hye Ri raised an eyebrow and said. “Hey. Don’t make it sound like I come to you only when Sung Gyu is not free.” Soo Yeon rebutted and slapped Hye ri on her arm playfully.

“Okay, okay. Let’s go.” Hye Ri said with a smile.  They two girls laughed merrily on their way to the eatery shop. They ate their hearts out, especially Hye  Ri. Food is the best medicine when it comes to venting her anger whenever she was scolded by her idiotic boss. “So… How are things going on between you and Sung Gyu?” Hye Ri asked. She did not want to talk about her stupid boss although she felt like cursing him upside down.

“Hmm… Things are going quite fine. He is still super sweet to me. You know on Valentine’s day, he gave a large bouquet of rose and a beautiful necklace! He wore it for me. Look~!” Soo Yeon squealed as she showed Hye Ri the necklace on her neck. “Hehes, he is so sweet.” Soo Yeon smiled and blushed slightly. “Soo yeon, you are turning as red as the tomato.” Hye Ri as she placed the tomato into her bowl.

“Yah! Han Hye Ri, stop laughing at me!” Soo Yeon screamed in her high-pitched voice. Hye Ri quickly looked down and ate dilligently. Soo Yeon looked around and noticed the people around them were looking at her. She mouthed an apology and continued eating. “This is so embarrassing.” Soo Yeon said softly. “Hehes. ” Hye Ri laughed a little looking at Soo Yeon.

After the dinner, Hye Ri and Soo Yeon exited the shop. As their houses were located in opposite locations, Soo Yeon and Hye Ri parted ways. “Bye bye ! See you tomorrow!” Hye Ri shouted over to Soo yeon as she smiled. Soo Yeon replied her by shouting too, “Bye! Don’t be late for work again!” Hye Ri nodded her head and waved her goodbye again.

After travelling for some time, Hye ri returned home. “You are home!” Myung Soo stood up from the couch and said with a smile. “Yea, I am home.” She replied as she removed her shoes. “How is work today?” He asked her in a concerned tone. “ It was super bad. The stupid boss scolded me for being late. Come on! He was just finding someone to vent his anger on because he was scolded by his superior. That is totally unfair. That stupid pig head!” Hye ri complained as Myung Soo listened to her intently.

After Hye Ri finished, she looked at Myung Soo, expecting a reply for him. “ I guess he can’t understand what I am talking about?” Hye Ri concluded. “ I can wake you up every day. Then you won’t be late anymore!” Myung soo suggested. “You can?!Really? Thank you! Wake me up at 6.30 am tomorrow please. But I am telling you first that I am a very heavy sleeper.” Hye Ri blushed a little as she told him.

“It’s alright. I will resort to harsh methods if you refuse to wake up.” Myung Soo winked at her and said. “I better get going and sleep early.” Hye Ri looked down and walked into her room. She felt her heart pumped faster when he winked. After washing up, hye ri climbed onto her bed and covered herself with her blanket. Closing her eyes, she was preparing for another hectic day tomorrow.

“Hye Ri? Wake up… It is time for work.” Hye Ri heard a voice calling her. “Don’t disturb me. I want to sleep.” She turned away and covered her ears. “Hye Ri. Be good and wake up…” The person persisted. Hye Ri covered her face with her blanket in exasperation. “Don’t blame me. You ask for it.” She heard him said as he pulled the blanket down, exposing her face.

He leaned down and kissed her lightly on her lips.
*Command: Kiss her lightly when she is close to you.

Hye Ri opened her eyes wide as he broke the kiss. “ You are finally awake.” He said and smirked. Hye Ri placed her hands on her lips and sat up. “That was my…my...first kiss?!” She thought to herself as she looked at the flawless boy before her. “Faster get ready for work!” He said with a smile as he got out of her bed and exited her bed room.

 

Author's Note!
New characters introduced in this chapter :)
Park Soo Yeon- Han Hye Ri's best friend and colleague.
Kim Sung Gyu- Soo Yeon's boyfriend.
How is this chapter?! :D More characters will come in in later part of the story (:
Comment/subscribe?:) Thanks for reading!