Danger

My Robotic Boyfriend

The next day…

Hye Ri was on her way up to her office when she saw Woo Hyun. He was walking towards her direction. She started to fluster a little. She didn’t know how to react after what he told her yesterday.

“Should I wave and say ‘hello’ or should I pretend that I didn’t see him?!” Hye Ri was deciding between the two options in her mind.

He saw her a long time ago and of course, her difficult expression. He felt a tug on his heartstrings knowing how difficult she felt when she saw him. He was disappointed and sad. However, he hid his emotions. He faked the normal sunshine smile he always shown her. As if nothing had happened yesterday, he waved and approached her.

“Hello.” He said simply with the same smile. Deep inside, he was feeling horrible.

“He-hello.” Hye Ri stuttered a little, not knowing how to respond.

“I have something on. I will get going first. See you around.” He said with another smile and left.

“He seems normal. It was as if nothing happened yesterday… Maybe I should  justbehave normally and forget about it…” Hye Ri concluded as she continued walking.

After they brushed past each other, Woo Hyun dropped the plastered smile. His face became expressionless and hurt was written all over his face. He didn’t know his feelings for her would put her at such a difficult spot. It pained him to know that she didn’t feel the same way as he do. However, it hurts him more to know that she felt difficult and didn’t know how to treat him. It felt like she was deciding what to do with him and accepting wasn’t one of her options.

Soo Yeon entered the building soon after the two met. She saw Woo Hyun and waved with a cute smile. However, he merely walked off coldly. She was surprised at his coldness since he normally would return the greeting politely. Soo Yeon caught up with Hye Ri and the two entered the lift together. Nobody else was in it except for the two girls.

“Hye Ri-ah. Did you see Woo Hyun just now?” Soo Yeon started the conversation.

“Umm. Yea.” She mumbled a short reply.

“Don’t you find him a little… weird?” Soo Yeon said as she put her thoughts into words. She couldn’t pinpoint what was wrong with him but there was definitely something wrong with him today.

“I think he seems normal to me.” Hye Ri said as she looked at the floor display screen.

“Really?” Soo Yeon asked in disbelief as she scratched her head, confused.

Then, the lift door opened and the conversation naturally ended.

After work, Hye Ri went a different way as Soo Yeon. She was off to meet Sung Gyu. If it wasn’t for work, Hye Ri wondered if the two was considered inseparable.

Then, Hye Ri felt someone tailing her. She was certain she heard some shuffling of footsteps behind her. It was dark and the street was only illuminated by the dim streetlights. It was getting late and not many people were on the street. She quickened her footstep and tightened her grip on her bag of packet food.

“Darn. Is it like some lunatic, crazy stalker following me?!” she thought. She swallowed her saliva and walked even faster. The footstep shuffling got louder and closer to her despite that. She was freaking out.

“Ah. Heck!” Hye Ri thought as she started running. However, the ‘stalker’ outrun her and gripped her wrist.

“It’s me.” He said.

Hye Ri recognised the voice as she turned around to face him.

“Yah! I nearly died of a heart attack…” she yelled and smacked him lightly.

“Haha… I was trying to give you a surprise! Mianhae…” Myung Soo apologised as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

“It’s alright. Let’s go home.” Hye Ri said with a smile as she turned around and continued walking.

“Wait up.” L said as he caught up with her.

He grabbed her hand and started swinging it as they walked home. Hye Ri felt her heart racing as she looked down shyly throughout the walk.

After reaching home, Hye Ri finished her dinner and washed up. She walked out of her room and was greeted by yet another ‘surprise’. It was a small black creature crawling about. It was a cockroach-The pest which Hye Ri hated the most. Somehow, she wasn’t afraid of rats, lizards and others but was only scared of cockroaches. She screamed loudly and jumped around like a crazy woman. Finally, she seeked refuge on the couch.

Myung Soo ran out of the kitchen upon hearing her loud scream. His ‘protection mode’ was activated.

*Command: Protect her when she is in danger.

Myung Soo scanned around the house searching for the ‘danger’.

“That…that cockroach!!!” Hye Ri shouted as she pointed to the cockroach which was moving around quickly.

“Danger detected.” Myung Soo said as he removed his slippers and advanced towards it.

*Smack*

“Danger eliminated.” He said as he picked up the dead cockroach by its feelers.

“Wow.” Hye Ri was amazed at his swift action.

“Sorry, cockroach. Hope you become a human or something in the next life…” Hye Ri placed her hands together and did some prayers. She felt guilty for killing the cockroach. It was partly because of her that the cockroach died in the hands of L.

“Not coming down?” Myung Soo returned as he wiped his hands dry and asked.

“Oh.” Hye Ri jumped off the couch.

Carelessly, she tripped over the cushion and fell forward. She ended up in Myung Soo’s embrace and saw his close-up face. She felt her face heating up as her heart started racing like mad again.

“Gosh.” She thought as she wriggled out of his embrace.

She walked quickly back into her room and shut the door behind her. Leaning on the door, she took a few deep breaths in an attempt to calm her pounding heart. Myung Soo shrugged his shoulders and switched off the lights in the living room. He sat down on the couch and went into ‘standby mode’ again. It was an auto activation to conserve electricity.

 

Author's Note:
Hey!:D How is the new chapt.?^^
Not many things happened in this chapt. but still hope you enjoyed reading^^
Please comment/subscribe?:D
Thank you for reading~ (: