Reminder

My Robotic Boyfriend

“Damn.” Sung Yeol muttered under his breath.

He kneeled down beside L and flipped him over carefully. Hye Ri was looking at Myung Soo with worried and teary eyes. She felt fear within her as her legs shook slightly. She was fearful of seeing him like this and worse, losing him. Sung Yeol took out a small suit case from his bag and laid it on the muddy ground. He opened it up and ran his fingers over the array of metal equipment. Settling for one of them, he began his repair work.

“Will he be fine?” Hye Ri asked with concern.

“Yea, just a bit more.” Sung Yeol said with his eyes still fixed on the wires.

Then, the two heard some shouting.

“HYE RI? ARE YOU HERE?!” Hye Ri heard a familiar voice.

“WOO HYUN! WE ARE HERE!” Hye Ri shouted back up.

“HYE RI! HOLD ONTO THE ROPE, WE WILL PULL YOU UP~” Woo Hyun instructed as he threw the rope down.

Hye Ri looked back at Sung Yeol who was still busy fixing Myung Soo’s broken leg.

“Run along. I will bring him up after you go up.” Sung Yeol reassured as he continued fumbling with the complicated wirings.

Hye Ri nodded her head and stumbled over to the rope which Woo Hyun threw down. Woo Hyun and the others he gathered helped and pulled Hye Ri up with all their might. Upon seeing Hye Ri safe, Woo Hyun ran over and pulled her in for a tight hug. It was as if they were at the airport and he had not seen her for years.

“I am sorry for coming late. The forest was too complex and we lost our way.” Woo Hyun mumbled as he tightened his wrap.

“It’s alright. Woo Hyun, shall we help Myung Soo and his friend up first?” Hye Ri asked as she tried to get out of his embrace.

Woo Hyun released his grip and stared at her in confusion.

“Myung Soo? Rude boy is here?!” Woo Hyun exclaimed in shock.

Hye Ri nodded her head slightly.

They threw the rope down again and started pulling it up. Despite her ankle injury, Hye Ri struggled to help pull the two guys up. Sung Yeol was hugging onto Myung Soo as they reached the top. The others rushed over to help support Myung Soo. Hye Ri looked down at the broken part before and realised it was bandaged up neatly to cover the area. She smiled in relief. However, it was soon replaced by a frown when she looked up and realised he was still unconscious.

“Rude boy jumped… jumped down to save you?” Woo Hyun asked in disbelief as he stared at the unconscious Myung Soo leaning onto Sung Yeol.

“Yea. This stupid guy jumped down to save her from a poisonous snake. Crazy and irresponsible fellow!” Sung Yeol complained as he pushed L’s head to the side.

Hye Ri stared at Myung Soo and felt a warm feeling engulfing her heart. She was touched for he saved her despite putting himself at risk. Even if it was programmed, she still couldn’t help but feel touched.

“Let’s go.” Sung Yeol said to them as he placed Myung Soo’s arm around his neck. The other guys helped to support Myung Soo too. Hye Ri hopped a little as she followed behind them. However, Woo Hyun was still standing at his position, unmoved. His gaze was still fixed on Myung Soo.

“You actually did that for her?” he thought to himself.

Suddenly, he felt weak. He felt embarrassed for his lack of courage when Hye Ri was in trouble. He was the first person with her when the accident happened but the last person to come to her rescue. Instead, Myung Soo even risked his own life to save her. He felt ashamed of himself for being such a weakling.

“Woo Hyun?” Hye Ri turned behind and called out to him.

Woo Hyun came back to his senses and hurriedly rushed over to Hye Ri.

“I will carry you on my back.” He offered as he looked down at her swollen ankle.

“Thank you.” Hye Ri said as she got onto his back.

On their way back, Woo Hyun spoke.

“I am sorry.” Woo Hyun said.

“It’s alright. I am really thankful that you came for me.” Hye Ri reassured him with a smile.

“But I was late.” Woo Hyun whispered.

“What?” Hye Ri asked as she could not figure out his words.

“Nothing.” Woo Hyun said with a weak smile.

“Maybe he really loves her more than I do…” Woo Hyun thought.

Sung Yeol brought Myung Soo to Hye Ri’s hotel room and laid him down on her bed. Hye Ri sent Woo Hyun away after he dropped her there. He could not stay around since Sung Yeol would need to continue with his repair work. Hye Ri sat at the side and observed the proceedings. Sung Yeol removed the bandage and resumed his operations.

He was professional and quick in his actions. After some time, the wires were replaced and in place once again. He mended the crack and sealed it perfectly. Pressing the restart button on his remote controller, Myung Soo came back to ‘life’. He sat up and flashed Hye Ri a smile. Hye Ri smiled and a tear fell from her eye.

“I am glad you are fine.” She thought.

Then, Myung Soo shut his eyes and fell back to the bed again. Hye Ri jumped up in shock.

“Don’t worry. I am just shutting him down for a while to update some programmes.” Sung Yeol reassured as he packed his things.

“Oh. And anyways, who are you?” Hye Ri asked.

Sung yeol stopped packing and turned around to face Hye Ri.

“I am Lee Sung Yeol, nice to meet you.” He introduced himself properly and extended his hand for a handshake.

Hye Ri took his hand and shook lightly. He then smiled and resumed with his packing. With his bag slinging across his shoulder, he headed for the door. Then, he turned about and looked at Hye Ri.

“Oh. I just remembered that I was told to remind you the trial is left with 11 days. Ah. And also the price of re-contracting has been adjusted. It currently costs 10 million won.” Sung Yeol said.

“What?! 10 million? I thought it was stated to be 2 million won a month in the booklet?” Hye Ri exclaimed.

“You see… There are many companies fighting for this series robots now so naturally the price of renewing increased. The higher the demand, the more expensive the pricing. It always works that way for businesses. Also, the new programming we installed in L costs a lot too.” Sung Yeol explained.

“But how could you? You have no rights! I mean it is stated clearly in the booklet that the cost of renewing is only 2 million won.” Hye Ri argued.

“I think you didn’t see this the last time.” Sung Yeol said as he took out a replicated copy of ‘My Robotic Boyfriend’ guide and pointed to a line which was printed at the bottom of the page.

*Price for renewal may be subjected to changes and all rights belong to the company.

 Author's Note:
Hey there:D!
How's the new chapter?:)
Please subscribe/ comment to tell me how's the update?^^
Thanks and hope you enjoyed reading~