Jealousy

My Robotic Boyfriend


Hye Ri was overloaded with work and soon, she forgot about the morning incident. Piles of work were assigned to her by her boss. Sometimes, she had to help him complete work assigned to him by his superior. It is unfair but she did not have a choice. There was an important meeting which is starting soon. Hye Ri was told to prepare the documents to be discussed in the meeting room by her boss last minute. She held onto the document to be photocopied tightly as she walked quickly towards the photocopier room.

As she was looking through the stack of files in her hand to check if she had all the documents, she bumped into someone.

“Oh! I am so sorry.” Hye Ri apologised and bowed. She squatted down and started picking up the scattered papers on the ground. She had to get ready soon as the meeting was starting. Then, she saw a hand helping out too. Handing the papers to her, he smiled. She looked up at the person who was holding the papers. She did not recognise him but he seemed kind of familiar.  Smiling back, Hye Ri took the papers from him and muttered a soft ‘thank you’ before rushing off.

Standing up, he turned around and looked at the girl who ran away. “Interesting.” He thought to himself. Hye Ri hugged onto the copies of documents photocopied and walked fast towards the meeting room. Entering, she realised everyone was already seated. Hurriedly, she placed the files on the table before everyone. As she placed the last file, she looked up the person.

“Oh! It’s him again? No wonder he looked so familiar. He is Nam Woo Hyun, our company’s Vice president. ” She thought to herself as she managed a weak smile before rushing back to her seat. “So… We will get the meeting started. This month our special tour package is the Caribbean Sea cruise ship. In order to make the event interesting, we will be holding some different events. Any suggestions?” He said and looked around.

“What do you think?” He questioned and pointed his finger at Hye Ri. Hye Ri stared at Woo Hyun in surprise and pointed to herself. “Me..?” She asked. He smiled and nodded. “Umm.. I think… think that we can…” Hye Ri stuttered and stopped when she realised people around her were laughing. Hye Ri felt embarrassed as she looked down and did not continue the point she wanted to put across. After around an hour, the meeting ended and the staff left the meeting room.

Soo Yeon pounced onto Hye Ri from behind and asked her with a cheeky smile, “ Han Hye Ri, admit now before I torture you. How did you know our vice president? Why did he ask you of all people instead of our boss?!” “I don’t know. But thanks to him, I became the laughing matter of the day. Aish.” She complained in annoyance. “Oh really? You can thank me now if you want.” A voiced sounded from behind.

The two of them turned around and saw Woo Hyun. “Oops. Crap. Hye Ri, I will make a move first.” Soo Yeon said as she gave Hye Ri an apologetic smile and ran off. “Ah. This girl. What kind of friend is she!” She thought to herself as she looked at Woo Hyun, thinking of what to say. “ Don’t be nervous. Actually, I believe you have a good point that you wanted to bring up but you are not confident enough. You should believe in yourself more so as to be able to convince others.” He said to Hye Ri.

“Oh. Okay, I understand. Thank you.” Hye Ri bowed and thanked him with an awkward smile. Woo Hyun walked past Hye Ri and gave her a light pat on her shoulder. “Did he… just pat my shoulder?!” Hye Ri exclaimed in her mind. Bewildered, Hye Ri returned to her seat and continued with work. “Hye Ri~ Did boss scold you?” Soo Yeon whispered to Hye Ri. “Yah! You still there to bring that up! How can you leave me behind?” Hye Ri blamed her friend as she controlled her volume.

“Sorry~ Will you forgive me?” Soo Yeon replied and placed her two hands together, using her puppy eyes on Hye Ri. “Fine. I will forgive you but you have to treat me to dinner tonight!” She said to Soo Yeon and gave a mischievous grin. “Okay! Deal!” Soo Yeon agreed happily as she gave her a thumb up. After work, Soo Yeon ran over to Hye Ri’s desk and apologised to her. “Sorry Hye Ri! I cannot make it tonight already. Sung Gyu just called and said he wants to have dinner with me. Let’s do that another time, okay? Sorry~” Soo Yeon said to Hye Ri and gave her an innocent look.

“Fine, fine. This is not the first time, anyways.” Hye Ri smiled and replied Soo Yeon. “Yes! I knew Hye Ri is the best. I will get going first. Bye!” Soo Yeon said and waved to Hye Ri before running off. Packing up, Hye Ri grabbed her bag and left the office. It was raining heavily and Hye Ri forgot to bring an umbrella so she decided to flag a taxi home. She waited for some time but there were no cabs in sight. The rain was not subsiding either. Then, a red sports car drove and stopped before Hye Ri.

Opening the car window, Woo Hyun shouted out to Hye Ri. “Want to get a ride from me?” He asked with a smile. “Me?” She questioned and shook her hands, rejecting the offer. “It’s okay. You can just hop on. I don’t bite.” He insisted. Hye Ri smiled and got onto his car eventually. In the car, there was initially an awkward silence until Woo Hyun spoke up. “Awkward huh?” He said and laughed a little. “Haha, not really.” Hye Ri lied and smiled back.

Unknown to Hye Ri, Myung Soo brought an umbrella and rushed to her office. He looked around for the sight of Hye Ri. He thought she would be trapped at the office so he made his way up. Avoiding the security guard, Myung Soo sneaked up but there were no one in her office. He knew the information as it was programmed by the robot company. Upon seeing there is no one, Myung Soo headed back home.

As he returned home, Hye Ri said to Myung Soo, “Where did you go? Didn’t I tell you to stay home? I wouldn’t want to pay any compensation if you get spoilt, you know.” “Where did you go?” Myung Soo questioned, ignoring Hye Ri. “I was in office and my boss drove me back.” She said with Ramen in . “Is your boss a guy?” He asked. “Yes. What’s wrong?” Hye Ri looked at Myung Soo and asked.

*Command: Get angry if she talks about other guys.

“How could you? I am your boyfriend. Not him.” Myung Soo said in an upset tone as he walked off. “What’s up? His components spoiled? Crazy. Is he like… jealous?” Hye Ri thought to herself as she continued eating. After some time,  Hye Ri walked into her room. Then, she saw Myung Soo on her bed with arms crossed. “What are you doing?” She asked him. He ignored her. He was still supposed to be on angry mode.

“Hey. Are you like angry?” Hye Ri laughed a little as she poked his arm and asked. Myung Soo turned his head away. “Haha, you are so cute. Okay, stop acting like this. Fine, fine. I am sorry, okay?” Hye Ri said to him. Myung Soo turned around and looked at Hye Ri. Hye Ri looked away in a shy manner. “I forgive you. Don’t talk about other guys anymore, okay? I will be jealous.” He admitted with a cute smile.
*Command: Forgive her whenever she apologises.

“Aish, this guy.” Hye Ri thought to herself as she smiled. Then, Myung Soo said in a monotone way: “Battery running low.” Hye Ri rolled her eyes as she stood up from the bed disappointedly. Bringing him to the power plug, she plugged in the charger. Myung Soo closed his eyes and went into charging mode. “If only you are not a robot…” Hye Ri mumbled to herself as she looked at Myung Soo.

 

Author's Note:
Hey! :) How is the new chapter?:D Comment/subscribe?^^ PS Late update:X
New Character :D Nam Woo Hyun- Vice President of the company Hye Ri works in :)