Lie

My Robotic Boyfriend

Hye Ri went to work with all the things she cleared from the office yesterday. Everything felt so unreal. She was asked to leave yesterday and today she was told to return. At the thought of that, she rolled her eyes. As she was walking to her office, she spotted a red sports car driving in. She remembered it. It was Woo Hyun’s car.

“That guy. Correction. That bad guy.” Hye Ri thought as she walked on pretending that she did not see him.

Woo Hyun got off his car and passed his car key to one of the staff waiting there. He spotted Hye Ri and called her. Hye Ri ignored him as she was still upset with him. Woo Hyun ran forward and grabbed her arm. She had no choice but to turn around.

“Oh. It’s you? Were you calling me? I am sorry. I didn’t hear you.” Hye Ri lied.

“It is not that you didn’t hear me. You are angry with me for not believing in you yesterday, right?” Woo Hyun pointed out. Hye Ri kept quiet as she didn’t know what to say.

“Actually, I knew it wasn’t you from the start. I am sorry for making use of you yesterday.” He apologised.

“Making use… of me?” Hye Ri asked with a puzzled look on her face.

“I didn’t have concrete evidence to prove that it was your boss who was leaking the information. Therefore, I made him believe that you became his scapegoat when he pushed the blame on you. That was the only way he would reveal his true colours. Indeed, once you were gone, he went straight into contacting the other company. It was a strategy to make him fall into my trap. Sorry.” Woo Hyun explained.

Hye Ri nodded her head and replied, “Oh… But you could have told me beforehand…”

“It was an unexpected situation and last minute plan. I will make it up to you.” Woo Hyun said with a smile.

“Make up… to me?” Hye Ri looked at Woo Hyun and asked.

“Yes. I will bring you out tomorrow as a form of apology.” Woo Hyun said and flashed his killer smile.

Hye Ri was stunned for a moment and before she could say anything, Woo Hyun continued.

“Okay, settled. See you around! Bye~” Woo Hyun patted on her shoulder and walked off. Entering the lift, he went up first. Hye Ri stood there dumbfounded, still digesting what he just said.

“Bring me out, tomorrow?! What kind of situation is this now? Maybe he is kidding…” Hye Ri convinced herself and went up to work.

As she started working, Woo Hyun’s words crept out of her mind. After hours of work, it was time to knock off. Soo Yeon hopped over to Hye Ri’s desk and asked her if she was ready to leave.

“Hye Ri-ah~ Are you done? Let’s go! I am meeting Sung Gyu later…” Soo Yeon urged Hye Ri.

“Umm, I am not done yet. How about you go first? I still have some work not completed. I will go back myself later. Bye!~” Hye Ri said to Soo Yeon, with her eyes still fixed on her lap top.

“In this case, okay… I will go back first! Bye~ Don’t work till too late!” Soo Yeon reminded her.

She nodded her head and managed a quick wave. Hours after Soo Yeon left, Hye Ri was finally done. Stretching her hands into the air, she smiled at her completed task. Then, her hands hit someone behind her. She looked up and saw Woo Hyun. She quickly put her hands down and stood up.

“Oops. Sorry! I…” She said in a flustered manner.

“It’s okay. If all the workers in the company are as hardworking as you, I think we will earn more each year.” He joked.

Hye Ri laughed a bit at his remark and replied, “I will take that as a compliment then. Thanks!”

“Haha… You are welcome. I will give you extra hardworking workers’ privilege by sending you home. Let’s go!” He offered.

Hye Ri shook her hands and denied his offer.

“Come on! Don’t reject me, I will be sad.” He pouted and pretended to feel hurt.

Hye Ri laughed at his expression. “Okay, okay. Thank you then!” she said as she shut down her lap top. Locking her lap top in her drawer, she picked up her bag. Getting onto his car, Hye Ri reached home in less than an hour. As Hye Ri was about to get off, Woo Hyun said something to her.

“Hey. Don’t forget about our date tomorrow!” He reminded her.

“Date?” Hye Ri questioned.

“The one I promised you as an apology earlier. Remember? Anyway, I will pick you up here tomorrow morning at 9am!” he said.

“But I…” Hye Ri tried to speak but was interrupted shortly.

“No ‘But’s! This is an order from your boss! Go back home and get some rest! See you tomorrow!” He said with a smirk.

With that, Hye Ri closed the door and waved to him. As the red sports car disappeared from sight, Hye Ri thought to herself, “Where will he bring me tomorrow?”

Shrugging her shoulders, she returned home.

As she returned home, she was met with Myung Soo who was standing behind the door.

“Are you cheating on me?” he asked frankly.

“What?” Hye Ri looked at him in confusion.

“I saw the guy send you home. It is the same disgusting looking red sports car with plate number E477.” He continued.

“This guy sure has a good memory huh?” Hye Ri thought to herself.

“He is just my boss. Nothing else. Anyways, wake me up at 7 tomorrow.” Hye Ri said as she removed her heels.

“Okay, I believe you. But tomorrow is Saturday.” Myung Soo said to you.

“I am going out tomorrow…” Hye Ri continued.

“You are going out with that guy tomorrow?” he asked her with his eyebrow raised.

Hye Ri recalled how Myung Soo got jealous over Woo Hyun the other time. She shook her head and denied.

“I am going out with Soo Yeon. Ah! I am really tired today. I will be bathing and sleeping early!” Hye Ri said as she walked past Myung Soo.

Myung Soo did not ask further and Hye Ri felt relieved. The next day, Hye Ri got dressed up and checked herself in the mirror. As she was going out with Woo Hyun, she did not want to be a disgrace to him.

“Myung Soo! I am leaving already! Bye~” Hye Ri yelled over to Myung Soo.      

Hye Ri left her house and waited downstairs for Woo Hyun. After a minute or two, the red sports car drove in and stopped before Hye Ri. Woo Hyun opened the door for Hye Ri who thanked him politely.

“Hye Ri, you lied to me.” Myung Soo said as he looked down at the two of them through the window. 

Author's Note:
How's the new chapter?:D Comments and subscriptions are LOVED<3
Thanks for reading ~ ^^