Work Trip

My Robotic Boyfriend

“Hye Ri? Sorry to call you so early in the morning.” Hye Ri heard a familiar voice say.

Sitting up from her bed, she looked at the caller ID and realised it was Woo Hyun.

“Ah, Woo Hyun? What’s wrong?” Hye Ri asked.

“Umm, you remember the project that you are in charge of? I am going on a work trip for it and since you are the main in-charge, I need you to come with me to Jeju Island. I will fetch you at 8am later at your house. Sorry for the late notice.” Woo Hyun said apologetically.

Behind the phone, he was crossing his fingers and hoping she would agree. He actually could get Soo Yeon to go instead but he wanted to go with Hye Ri.

“Alright! I will meet you later. Bye~” Hye Ri said as she ended the call.

“At least I don’t have to see Myung Soo for three days. I shall use this opportunity to clear out my thoughts…” Hye Ri thought as she started packing her clothes.

Checking the clock, it was 7.55am already. Hye Ri grabbed her luggage and went to the living room. She sighed at the sight of Myung Soo. Walking over, she switched off the main point and removed the charger.Then, Myung Soo opened his eyes and greeted her with a cute smile.

“Morning!” he said cheerfully.

Hye Ri managed a weak smile at him. Then, his eyes landed on the luggage behind Hye Ri.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“I am going on a work trip to Jeju Island. I will be back three days later…” Hye Ri answered.

“Oh, okay. Wait! With greasy guy?” He confirmed.

Hye Ri nodded her head. He pouted and stared at her.

“Come on. It is for work.” Hye Ri nudged him and giggled slightly at his reaction.

“Fine. Come back soon! I will miss you~” Myung Soo said as he stood up and gave her a light hug.

Hye Ri felt her heart sink in his embrace but she hid her feelings. Breaking the hug, she left the house and went off with Woo Hyun.

At Jeju Island

After loading their luggage into their hotel rooms, the two met up.

“We will go through the project once before the clients come.” Woo Hyun said.

“Okay.” Hye Ri replied as she flipped through the project she completed.

They walked to their first destination- the forest.

“So this is going to be the nature walk through the forest. This component aims to promote ecotourism. Walking into the embrace of nature, we get to relax and get away from the urban. Take a deep breath, stop and look around the real world. Isn’t it great?” Hye Ri presented to Woo Hyun as if he was the client.

“Great!” Woo Hyun complimented and clapped in satisfaction.

Hye Ri smiled and did a hi-5 with him.

“Let’s move on to the next stop.” Woo Hyun said as he walked on.

Hye Ri hugged the file and followed behind him. Then, Hye Ri tripped over one of the buttress roots and fell. She was sent falling to the side, down the slope. Woo Hyun turned about in shock after hearing her screams but saw no one behind.

“Hye Ri? What happened?!” Woo Hyun shouted as he walked over to the sloped area.

It was really steep and he couldn’t even see her with all the leaves and trees.

“Woo Hyun! I am down here.” Hye Ri shouted back up.

She attempted to stand up but it hurt. She looked down at her swollen and reddened ankle and sighed.

“Can you get up here by yourself?” Woo Hyun asked. He was asking the obvious though.

“I sprained my ankle!” Hye Ri shouted back.

“What?! I can’t hear you!” Woo Hyun moved closer and strained his ears.

“I SPRAINED MY ANKLE!” Hye Ri shouted as loudly as she could.

“I WILL GO GET HELP. STAY THERE!” Woo Hyun reassured.

Taking a stone, he left a mark on the tree and ran off to look for help.

Hye Ri looked around the quiet and unfamiliar environment. She began to feel scared. Taking out her phone, she realised there wasn’t any signal.

Back in Hye Ri’s house…

“Hye Ri is in trouble.” Myung Soo said.

He called up the company.

“Sung Yeol, Hye Ri is in trouble. We need to get to Jeju Island.” Myung Soo said worriedly.

“Aish. Troublesome.” Sung Yeol complained.

“Wait for me there. I will make my way down.” Sung Yeol instructed.

Back at Jeju Island…

“Woo Hyun?” Hye Ri shouted.

Her voice echoed throughout the forest and there was no reply.

Fear was consuming her inside out. The sky has darkened but Woo Hyun was still not back. She started to get worried. Then, she heard a hissing sound near her. Turning her head frantically, she spotted a striking coloured snake slithering towards her. She swallowed her saliva and began to back away slowly. Sweat was trickling down her face as her heart began pounding rapidly.

“Am I going to die here?!” She thought as she stared at the approaching creature.

As the snake sprung forward to make its attack, Hye Ri shut her eyes and screamed. Surprisingly, she did not feel any fangs puncture through her skin. Trembling, she opened her eyes and saw Myung Soo smiling at her. Shifting her gaze, the snake was lying dead some distance away. She then turned back to Myung Soo in shock.

“Myung Soo? Why are you…” Hye Ri stopped speaking when she looked down and saw Myung Soo’s broken leg.

“Yah, L! Who told you that you can just jump down like that?! Do you know how troublesome it is for me to repair you if you…” Sung Yeol’s eyes widened when he spotted Myung Soo’s exposed wires.

“Mission accomplished.” Myung Soo said before shutting down.

*Command: Protect her when she is in danger.

With that, he collapsed onto the ground.

 
Author's Note:
Hey there:D! Please subscribe/comment? ^^
Hope you enjoyed reading the new update ~
PS: It was disgusting searching for the snake pic:X All kinds of snakes appeared. PHEWS.