Overtime

My Robotic Boyfriend

“You are back. Greasy guy sent you home?” Myung Soo turned to Hye Ri and asked.

“Yea.” Hye Ri replied wearily and removed her shoes.

Hye Ri walked back to her room, washed up quickly and collapsed onto her bed. She was dead tired from all the overtime she had been working for the past four days. She was about to drift off to dreamland when she felt someone plopped onto her bed. She shot her closed eyes wide open and found herself staring at Myung Soo’s flawless face. They were only inches away from one another. Hye Ri jumped up and gripped her blanket tightly in shock.

“Kim Myung Soo!~ What are you doing on my bed?!” Hye Ri screamed.

“Sleeping with you? Don’t worry, I wouldn’t do anything else apart from sleeping.” He replied innocently.

He then pulled her back down and smiled at her.

“Just sleep.” He reassured.

Hye Ri swallowed her saliva and closed her eyes as told by him.

“This is your make up to me for spending so much time with greasy guy in the morning.” Myung Soo said before closing his eyes too.

*Command: Be jealous if she spends too much time with another guy.

Hye Ri could no longer hear Myung Soo and was already fast asleep by then. She was really exhausted from all the work. The next day, she felt someone shaking her lightly. She opened her bleary eyes and was looking into Myung Soo’s.

“Good morning.” He said with a breath-taking smile.

“Go-Good Morning.” Hye Ri stuttered slightly and hurriedly climbed out of bed.

After changing into her office wear, she grabbed the breakfast Myung Soo prepared for her and was about to run off to work.

“Hye Ri, come home early today.” Myung Soo reminded as he leaned against the wall.

“Why?” Hye Ri asked.

“Secret.” Myung Soo replied with a wink.

“But today is the deadline to the project and I will be home late.” Hye Ri said with a pout.

“Just come home straight after work. I will prepare dinner for you!” Myung Soo told her.

“Okay.” Hye Ri agreed and exited her apartment.

Hye Ri was busy with work for the whole day and Myung Soo’s words were forgotten completely by evening. She was still rushing the project which was due today. Woo Hyun entered her office with a hot coffee in his hand. He walked over to Hye Ri and placed it on her table. Hye Ri, who was still engrossed in her work, did not realise. Soo Yeon was stretching when she spotted Woo Hyun.

“Hye Ri!” Soo Yeon whispered to her.

“Yea?” Hye Ri stopped for a moment and turned back to Soo Yeon.

Soo yeon pointed at Woo Hyun with a weird smile.

“Oh!” Hye Ri exclaimed as she stood up.

“Mianhae. I did not realise…” Hye Ri apologised.

“It’s alright. Here is your coffee for the night.” Woo Hyun said with a gentle smile.

“Oh. The coffee is from you?! I thought it was from Soo Yeon for the past few days!” Hye Ri exclaimed.

“Employee’s benefits for working over time.” Woo Hyun joked and chuckled.

“I am an employee too.” Soo Yeon thought to herself.

Hye Ri nodded and took the coffee before taking a sip.

“Thank you.” Hye Ri said appreciatively.

“If you are really thankful, go with me to dinner later. I am hungry and have no companion.” Woo Hyun said and used his pleading eyes on her.

“Umm…” Hye Ri hesitated for a moment.

“I won’t be able to sleep tonight if you reject me now…” Woo Hyun joked.

“Alright then.” Hye Ri agreed and laughed at his joke.

“I will pick you up once you are done with your work at around 8.30pm.” He said.

“I should be done by then.” Hye Ri replied.

With that, Woo Hyun left the office after waving Soo Yeon goodbye.

“Han Hye Ri!” Soo Yeon screamed as she rolled her chair over to her best friend.

“How could you not tell me that our vice president likes you?!” Soo yeon blamed.

“Soo yeon!” Hye Ri nudged her.

“It’s okay, I am a good secret keeper provided that…” Soo yeon said as she blinked twice at Hye Ri.

“Provided that?” Hye Ri stared at her best friend who was smiling sheepishly away.

“You fill me in all the details someday.” Soo yeon threatened and flashed her an innocent smile.

“Arraso.” Hye Ri agreed reluctantly.

She knew her best friend well enough to know that she will go around telling others if she refused. It was 8.30pm and Hye Ri was finally done with her work. It marked the end of their project which she had been working non-stop since the start of the week. Soo yeon high-fived Hye Ri before the two shut down their lap tops and left. Walking to the lift lobby, they met Woo Hyun who was in the lift.

“Umm, I… need to make a phone call! You two go ahead.” Soo Yeon lied as she walked away and pretended to look through her phone.

Hye Ri sighed softly and entered the lift.

“Have a fun time!” Soo Yeon turned around and exclaimed as she waved to the two.

The lift door closed and it was left with only Woo Hyun and Hye Ri inside.

“She is such a bad actress.” Woo Hyun remarked and chuckled.

“Yea.” Hye Ri replied and looked down embarrassedly.

The two dined in at an expensive restaurant which Woo Hyun picked and after which, he sent her home. On the other hand, Myung Soo had prepared a feast in her house and was still waiting for her. Hye Ri got off Woo Hyun’s car and waved him goodbye. Smiling, she returned home. After she opened the door to her house, Hye Ri saw Myung Soo and was reminded of his words earlier in the morning.

“Crap.” Hye Ri muttered under her breath.

“Oh. You are back? I will preheat the food!” Myung Soo went back to normal mode and got up from the couch.

“Mianhae, Myung Soo. I have already eaten. I am sorry that I have forgotten about it.” Hye Ri apologised.

“With greasy guy?” Myung Soo interrogated.

Hye Ri nodded her head lightly and walked over to Myung Soo.

“But I have really forgotten about our dinner date and it is not that I choose him over you. Really.” Hye Ri explained and held onto him.

Myung soo looked away and rolled his eyes. He was obviously mad at her. Myung Soo loosened her grip and went to discard the food he spent the whole day whipping up. He ignored her and sat on the sofa, crossing his arms.

“Today is my birthday, Hye Ri.” Myung Soo said as he looked at Hye Ri’s shut room door. To be exact, it was Myung Soo’s date of production.


Author's Note:
Hey hey! :DHow's the new chapter?:)
This is a relatively long chapter and I hope you enjoyed reading! ^^
Please drop a comment/ subscribe if you have not, alright? :)
Thank you for reading ~ <3