Start up

My Robotic Boyfriend


She slept for some time before she became more awake. As she woke, she stretched her arms and sat up. Rubbing her eyes, Hye Ri yawned. After all, no one is home and image doesn’t matter for now. She opened her eyes and looked towards the power plug area. She almost forgot about the…Robotic boyfriend? “Hmm. Now I am kind of sure that this thing is like some lie. Wonder which idiot played such a big joke with me. But this robot really does look like a human though.” She mumbled to herself as she got up from the sofa and squatted before him.

She used her index finger and poked the cheek of the robot. “Wow. This is amazing. It feels like a real person!” She exclaimed and withdrew her hand. Taking a closer look, she thought to herself, “If this guy is a real person, he is a real hot guy huh?” “R…I…N…G!~” Her ringtone was sounded in the room. She was pulled back to reality and ran towards her room.

Picking up the call, she started to apologize repeatedly. “Yes. I am sorry. I will get it edited now and send you. Yes. I understand. I am sorry…” She said in an apologetic manner. After putting down her phone, she heaved a sigh of relief and switched on the lap top on her table. “Not a proper rest, even on weekend.” Hye ri sighed. For a moment, she forgot about the robot lying in the living room and was deeply concentrated in her work.

After hours of work, she was finally done with her work. She closed the lap top cover before spinning the computer chair around. Stretching her back as she stood up, she walked to the living room. “Woah!” She shouted as she was frightened by the robot. She forgot about its existence. “I guess, I should keep this thing back in the case and find a way to return this human looking robot.” She thought to herself. She walked towards him and switched off the power plug. To her surprise, he opened his eyes!

“Hello, my owner!” He said with a killer smile.

“Wah~! OH MY GOD!” Hye Ri screamed and fell backwards. She sat on her and backed away from him. “This is totally crazy! It…it…. can speak?!!” She stuttered.

“Don’t be afraid. I won’t harm you. From now onwards, I am your robotic boyfriend.” He continued, as if the response from you was expected.

Hye Ri swallowed her saliva and questioned, “My…my robotic boyfriend?”

The guy nodded his head in agreement. For once, Hye Ri believed he is not human for he isn’t only good looking but his voice was perfect too. “So… We will need some programming first. ” He said to Hye Ri.

“I am from the series L. What would you like to call me?” He said.

“Name? Err… Kim…Kim… Myung…Soo? That sounds like a good name.” Hye Ri said as she cracked her brain for a good one.

“Kim Myung Soo. Then, what do you like your boyfriend to do? ” He continued.

“Me…? I like it when… he surprises me and makes me happy! ” She explained.

“Surprise. Okay, noted. What do you expect of your boyfriend?” He pressed on.

Hye Ri rolled her eyes as she started listing the things she always daydreamed about. After all, having no boyfriend, she could only fantasize about it.

“ I would love it when he tells me ‘I love you’ .
I would fly to the moon when he praises me.
I feel like a princess if he were to protect me when I am in danger.
I would probably squeal when he sneaks up from behind and gives me a light hug.
I yearn for someone to treat me like I am the only one in the world.
I will be delighted when he pacifies me when I am angry.
I feel happy if he wipes away my tears and console me whenever I cry.
I like it if he gives me roses on Valentine’s
I will jump if he will give me a surprise on special occasions like my birthday.
I enjoy him holding my hand when we are on the streets.
I want to go to an amusement park with him and hide behind him in the haunted house.
I want him to kiss me lightly when I am close to him.
I hope he can stay by my side when I am nervous and scared.
I want him to listen to me whenever I tell him to do something.
I expect him to forgive me whenever I apologise to him.
I like it if he brings me on dates, holding my hands tightly.
I hope that he is really handsome and cute.”

Hye Ri thought about it and blabbered non-stop like a little girl. After she stopped, she looked at the person before her. “Oops. I think I spoke too much. Actually, are you really…a…” Hye Ri said but was interrupted.

“I have taken them down. I think I fit the last criteria already.” He said and smirked. Hye Ri felt her heart skip a beat when he did that. “He is really handsome and cute.” She thought to herself as she stared at him for a while. “Hye Ri, are you okay? “ He asked in a worried tone as she did not speak.

“Frankly, what are you? Why are you here?” She finally asked those words.

“I am Kim Myung Soo. You can call me L if you want. I am your robotic boyfriend. I am here to love you.” He said simply as he held out his hand for a handshake. Hye Ri was amused at his self-introduction and actions. She took his hand and gave it a light handshake. She felt herself being electrocuted when she looked into his mesmerising eyes. “So… shall we go on a date now?” Myung Soo said as he flashed his killer smile.

“I… am ok..kay with that.” She stuttered. “Hehes, you are so cute. Let’s go!” Myung Soo said as he got up from the floor and pulled her up. Hye Ri was pulled into his chest by the strong pull. The next moment, she was only inches away from his flawless face. She felt his face inching closer to hers.
*Command: Kiss her lightly when she is close to you.

When their lips were about to touch, Hye Ri pulled herself away. “I think this is going way too fast. I am not ready.” She blushed madly and said. “Oh. So shall we go on the date?” Myung Soo suggested. Hye Ri nodded her head as she looked on the floor. “Let’s go. “ Myung soo grabbed her hand and they left her apartment.
*Bring her on a date, holding her hand tightly.

“Why are you holding onto me so tightly?” Hye Ri turned and asked him awkwardly. She feels her palm starting to sweat profusely. She was really nervous. “Because I know you like it.” He said with a smile. Hye Ri felt her cheeks burning. “Are you blushing? “ Myung soo looked down at her cheeks and asked.
*Command: Cheeks turning red and hot=Blushing
L let go of her hand and placed his both hands on her cheeks.  “Oh. It is warm. You are really blushing. That is kind of… cute?” He commented. He couldn’t find another word in his limited dictionary at the moment apart from ‘cute’. Hye Ri felt her heart pounding rapidly when he held her face. Withdrawing his hands, Myung Soo held onto her again and they continued walking down the streets.

“Is this for real?” Hye Ri thought to herself as she looked at the guy beside her.

Author's Note:

Hey there Subscribers/ Silent readers, how's chapt two? (: Do comment/ sub if you have not ^^
Thank you for reading chapt 2. Hope you like it ! ^^