Belated Valentine's Day Present?

My Robotic Boyfriend

Walking on the street, Han Hye Ri felt many people looking at her. Everyone was in their pairs except for her. Today is the day when the flower shops and gift shops have thriving business. It is also the day when rose triples it value than before. Indeed, today is Valentine’s Day. Han Hye Ri is walking alone on the street after work. She looked to her left and saw a pair cuddling together. She looked to her right and saw a couple kissing. She looked forward and saw others hugging. No wonder singles preferred to stay home on Valentine’s Day. Putting on ear piece, the 25 year old walked on.

Finally, she reached home. Opening the door to her apartment, what welcomed her was more loneliness and darkness. She lives alone. She has no family. Closing her door behind her, she collapsed onto the leathery sofa. She did not switch on the lights as she sat there in the dark. “So today is the day for lovers.” She thought to herself. Her colleagues received bouquets of roses and piles of presents but as usual, she went home empty-handed. Her friends all went out with their boyfriend, leaving her alone.

She was bored. She had nothing to do. Then, her phone vibrated. Picking up her phone, she looked at the screen. “Private call?” She thought. Normally, she would not pick up these calls. However, today she was lonely and just felt like hearing someone’s voice even if it was a promoter’s. She answered the call.

“Hello. Who is this?”

“Hi. Is this Han Hye Ri? You are 25 years old. Birthday is 6 March 1997. Belongs to the horoscope of Pisces. Blood type is AB+. Lives in… Is the following information accurate?” The man read off from a document.

“Yes it is. But may I know who this is?”

“Congratulations Miss Han Hye Ri! You have won a one month trial on our company’s new product!”

“New product?”

“Yes! THE ROBOTIC BOYFRIEND~ This will enhance your love experience so enjoy the one month! Happy Valentine’s Day!BYE~”

“What? Hel...l..lo ??”

Self-assuring that it was another lonely soul on Valentine’s Day who went around making prank call, Hye Ri went to sleep peacefully. Hye Ri was lying happily in her soft pink bed when she was jolted from her sleep by a sound. Someone was at her doorsteps pressing the doorbell. Reluctantly, she dragged her lifeless body to the door, ruffled her messy hair and opened it. To her surprise, she saw a big rectangular parcel at her doorstep.

She popped her head out of the door but saw no one. With much effort, she hauled it in and sat down on the floor scrutinizing it. “What is this thing going to be?” She thought to herself. Carefully, she unwrapped the tightly sealed parcel. Among the torn wrapper lied a metal rectangular case. Slowly, her fingers made their way to the side of the lid as she opened it with force.She widened her eyes as she sees a beautiful boy lying in the box. All the grogginess was gone by then. Looking at the handsome guy lying motionlessly in the unsealed parcel, Hye Ri gasped.

She placed a finger near his nose but to find that he has no breathing. With trembling hands she picked up the small booklet by his side. “Ro…bo…tic… Boy-friend?!” She read off the booklet. Swallowing her saliva, she recalled the phone call from yesterday. “Is this for real?” She thought to herself and pinched her cheeks really hard, checking whether she is still dreaming. “OUCH! That hurts! So… This is real?!” She exclaimed. She flipped open the booklet and started reading its contents.

The Robotic Boyfriend

Caution!
-Keep away from children below 13 years old
Note!
-Free of charge for one month trial. Installment rate as follows after one month
2 million won per month
-Do not disclose this to anyone or legal actions will be taken.
-For emergency reparations, call 1800-680-790.
Please do not abuse the hotline.
Instructions!
1. Charge for 8 hours using the charger provided. Socket is at the side of the waist.

2. More instructions will be given by robot upon start up. (Voice control technology used)
Final!
Thank you for using The Robotic Boyfriend. Enjoy, Miss Han Hye Ri!


“ 2 million won?! This is insane!! Who the hell in the right mind will pay such an amount every month? But since it is free for one month… ”Hye Ri thought to herself.  Curious, she decided to give it a try. After all, it doesn’t harm to try it out. She helped the guy out of the parcel and placed it beside the power plug on her wall. “Wow. This thing is really heavy…” Hye ri mumbled to herself as she wiped off the sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand.

“According to what is written here, plug this end of the charger to the socket at the side of the…waist?” She read. Shyly, she lifted the shirt of the guy. To her amazement, there really was a socket! “For a moment, I still thought he really was a human.” Hye Ri laughed at herself. Plugging in the charger, she looked at the robot for any changes.

However, it did not move at all. His eyes were still closed and he remained in the same position as before. “Is this like some prank actually?” She thought to herself, disappointed that the perfect looking guy did not move or respond. She yawned and crawled onto her sofa. Being woken up early in the morning, she is still sleepy. After some time, Hye Ri fell fast asleep on the couch.

 

Author's note:
How is the first chapter ?:) Hope you all like it !!!^^ Do comment / sub :D