Departure

My Robotic Boyfriend

“I will see you in 11 days’ time then.” Sung Yeol said as he left the room, leaving behind the dumbfounded Hye Ri.

“10 million won?! Where am I going to get such a huge sum?!” Hye Ri thought as she walked back to her bed.

Lying down beside the ‘sleeping’ Myung Soo, Hye Ri studied his close-up face. Unknowingly, she cried. Those tears slid down her face and got absorbed into the pillow. She knew she won’t be able to extend his stay because she didn’t have the money to. It was the first time she felt he was really like an item which was going to be taken back by the company. 

It was also the first time she felt she was really going to lose him no matter what. Shutting her eyes, more tears flowed out. Then, she felt a pair of warm hands cupped around her face. She shot open her watery eyes and saw Myung Soo looking at her with a gentle smile. His programming was done and he had resumed to normal mode.   Hye Ri tried stopping those tears but they refused to listen to her.

“It’s alright. Everything will turn out fine.” He reassured as he wiped away those tear from her face.

*Command: Wipe away her tears and console her when she cries.

Hye Ri flashed him a weak eyes before closing her eyes.

“Let’s stay like this for a while.” She whispered.

-In Woo Hyun’s hotel room-

“Yoboseyo?” Woo Hyun answered his phone in a monotonous tone.

“It’s me. When are you coming over to take over the main company in America? I have been telling you about this since a long time before and this time I am not taking ‘No’ as an answer…” The man over the phone said.

“I will do it.” Woo Hyun answered without any emotions.

“You are taking over the main company here?! Serious?” His father exclaimed in shock. He expected a rejection of the offer like the previous times.

“Isn’t that what you want?” Woo Hyun replied coldly.

“I will send over someone to take over the Korea’s business operations. Fly over tomorrow to America and I will hand over everything to you. I can finally retire and accompany your umma… Your mum misses you a lot. See you soon!” He beamed in delight. He needed him to be there as soon as possible lest he had a change of mind.

“I get it.” Woo Hyun answered shortly before ending the conversation.

“Hye Ri-ah, I guess you have rude boy and you wouldn’t need me by your side anymore, right? I believe it is time for me to let go already…” Woo Hyun thought to himself as he placed the phone away and let out a long sigh.

That night, Woo Hyun couldn’t fall asleep. He was leaving to America for good and he would probably not return anymore. He won’t be able to see Hye Ri but it was exactly his purpose too. He was afraid if he stayed on and continued to see her every day, his love for her will deepen. He knew if he did not leave now, it would be harder for him to let go when the time comes. Also, he did not want her to be the one to tell him to stop liking her.

The next day…

The three of them were at the airport with their belongings.

“I will be going in already.” Woo Hyun said with a plastered smile.

“Huh? Aren’t we going back to Korea together? The departure time is not here yet.” Hye Ri exclaimed.

Woo Hyun was the one who bought the tickets while the two of them were told by him to stay at the seats. He didn’t want her to know he was leaving until the last minute.

“I am leaving for America to take over my father’s main company.” He explained, keeping a straight face.

“You… you are not coming back anymore?!” Hye Ri said in shock.

He nodded his head slightly and flashed her a weak smile.

“Goodbye.” He said as he gave Hye Ri a light pat on her shoulder.

He wanted so much to give her a last goodbye hug but he held himself back. Walking over to Myung soo, he came face to face with him.

“The competition is over- you won. Take good care of Hye Ri and make sure you don’t bully her. If you make her cry, I will fly back immediately from America and bash you up. Treat her well, you get it?” he said in a low and soft voice.

“I will treat her well. Take care.” Myung Soo said.

Woo Hyun nodded as he turned back to Hye Ri whose eyes were a little watery already.

“Hye Ri, take good care of yourself. Good-” Before Woo Hyun finished his sentence, Hye Ri ran forward and gave him a tight hug.

“Take good care of yourself there. Don’t forget to come back and find us when you are free. CEO needs a break sometimes too. I will always be your good friend. Don’t you dare forget me when you see all the pretty girls in America!” Hye Ri mumbled.

Releasing him, she gave him a small forced smile. Yet another of someone close to her was leaving her. She didn’t know why but she wanted him to stay strongly. She treasured him as a good friend who was always there for her and it pained her to know he was leaving her side too. His departure made her feel like when Myung Soo’s time is up, he will leave like Woo Hyun did too.

Woo Hyun left as he dragged the luggage along behind him. He did not turn back at all because he knew if he did, he wouldn’t bear to leave anymore. He loved her a lot and wanted so much to stay with her. However, he knew she didn’t need him anymore because L was there. He continued walking, determined to put Korea, his useless one-sided love and Hye Ri behind him.

“I hope you will be happy with him...” Woo Hyun thought to himself as the forced smile he plastered since the start of the day faded away.

Alighting from the plane, Hye Ri and Myung Soo left the airport and headed home. Entering her room, Hye Ri sat down before her study desk and took out her calendar. Under today’s date 4th march, Hye Ri scribbled something.

“Woo Hyun left. 10 more days to go.” She then capped her pen and sighed.

“Time, will you please stop?” she thought to herself.


Author's Note:
Reposting this chapter because it got deleted:)
Will be typing the next chapter soon ^^~