Alternate Ending Part 2!

My Robotic Boyfriend

“…The girl hated herself for not being rich enough to extend his stay. Since that day, she missed him all the time. He was like a missing piece in her life and it seemed like no matter how hard she was tried, she still couldn’t find him back. It was as if he vanished from the face of Earth and waiting for him to return was an impossible wish. However, the girl told herself that no matter how long it will be, she was still going to wait. It was because she knew one day, he would appear miraculously. In the spirit of Christmas, she is still wishing and waiting…”

Hye Ri finished the story with a bitter smile as she held back those tears. The children clapped and cheered loudly at the end of the story. Some of the teenagers cried at the end of the story while the younger ones merely clapped innocently. Then, someone appeared from behind the crowd. He walked towards them with a red bag in his hand. Looking up, Hye Ri saw a familiar figure, one she saw a few years back.

Behind the white beard, she recognized the smile. He nodded lightly and opened the red bag. The kids cheered loudly as they saw the arrival of Santa Claus. He waved back to them and began handing the gifts out. Receiving the presents, the kids jumped up and down in delight. Christmas was indeed an occasion of joy and hope. Hye Ri stood up slowly and walked over in disbelief.

“Is that you?” Hye Ri asked.

He smiled and handed her a small card. Opening it carefully, she read those neatly scribbled words.

“The one you have always been waiting for is now at the playground outside.”

Hye Ri’s eyes widened as tears began to fall. If she wasn’t wrong, the card was referring to Myung Soo. Gripping the card tightly, she turned around and started running. Removing the fluffy beard, Sung Yeol smiled in satisfaction. Seeing Hye Ri run off, he nodded with a broad smile spread across his face. At the fastest speed she could run in, Hye Ri reached the playground. There, she saw a familiar back view. Walking over cautiously, she tapped on his shoulder lightly. He turned around with a warm smile. It was really him.

“MYUNG SOO~!!!” Hye Ri screamed as she hugged him tightly.

More tears fell as she tightened the hug. She felt his warm hands hug her back and her back gently like how he always did. She missed him so much and this was the moment she dreamt of every night.

“I missed you so much, Hye Ri.” Myung Soo mumbled as he smiled.

“Oh, oh… My eyes.” Sung Yeol commented as he pretended to shield his eyes from the scene.

Hye Ri got out of Myung Soo’s arms hurriedly as she wiped off those tears. Sung Yeol chuckled and cleared his throat.

“Congratulations Miss Han Hye Ri, you have won yourself a lifetime entitlement of our L series of Robotic Boyfriend. In the recent lucky draw for our trial users, you have fortunately emerged as the chosen one. To make this clear for you, this product is not refundable or exchangeable so in other words, he is yours, infinitely.” Sung Yeol announced.

“L is mine… infinitely?! I…I…won the lucky draw?!” Hye Ri exclaimed in shock.

“Yes, my dear.” Sung Yeol replied with a wink.

Hye Ri stared at him, knowing the meaning behind his wink. It was obvious that she wouldn’t be that lucky.

“Once again, as the organizer of the lucky draw, I congratulate you. Take good care of L and contact me if anything is wrong. Finally, I would like to inform you that I have made some modifications to ensure a better service. See you again someday.” Sung Yeol said as he shook her hand professionally.

Handing her his name card, he patted on L’s shoulders and left. Looking down at the name card and at Sung Yeol’s diminishing back view, Hye Ri smiled thankfully.

“Sung Yeol! Thank you ~!” Hye Ri shouted.

Lifting his hand, he waved without turning about. A proud smile crept up his face as he left the orphanage home. Turning around, Hye Ri looked at Myung Soo with a relieved smile. He was finally back for her. Moving closer, Hye Ri clung onto him once more as if afraid he would slip away again.

“I love you.” She stated as another tear escaped her watery eyes.

“I love you too.” Myung Soo replied.

Then, Hye Ri broke the hug as she remembered something. She had almost forgotten that L was still a robot without feelings.

“You are saying this because of the programming, right?” Hye Ri asked as she looked up at Myung Soo.

She regretted for asking the obvious and she dreaded the answer that was going to come out of Myung Soo’s mouth. Hye Ri hated herself for questioning him as she felt that she was being ungrateful.  Myung Soo’s return should have been sufficient but why was she acting like this?  

“No.” Myung Soo replied her.

“Don’t lie.” She answered as she looked away.

“I am not.” Myung Soo said as he took her hand.

Hye Ri turned back and met his sincere eyes. He then placed her hand on his left chest. She felt his chest rise and fall at the rate of a constant beat. Looking down at his chest and back into his eyes, she gasped.

“You…What…How?” She asked in confusion, unable to put her thoughts into a proper sentence.

“I am modified and I can love you.” Myung Soo said.

Hye Ri cried once more but this time, it was tears of joy. Her heart was exploding with happiness at his answer. She wiped off the tears and smiled gladly. Myung Soo bent forward slightly and kissed away a stray tear left behind on her cheek. Hye Ri felt her cheek burning as her heart started to beat faster.

“I am yours, forever.” Myung Soo moved back and said with a smirk.

Hye Ri smiled but suddenly a thought crossed her mind, making her frown.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, poking her forehead.

“But many years later… I will be an old, haggard woman and you will still look the same, all good.” She pointed out, lowering her head.

“Don’t worry. A new feature was added by Sung Yeol so I will age like you do.” Myung Soo reassured her as he lifted her head.

Hye Ri nodded with a smile but frowned again when a second thought popped up.

“But what happens to you after I die…?” Hye Ri asked worriedly.

If Myung Soo had feelings, after she dies he would feel the pain of losing a loved one like a human. As he is a robot, he wouldn’t die and he would suffer forever in grievance of her death.  

“I will shut down permanently after you’re gone.” He answered simply with a gentle smile.

“But…” Before Hye Ri could say further, Myung Soo abruptly kissed her.

She swallowed her saliva and felt his lips move against her, telling her that she speaks too much. Hye Ri then shut her eyes, enjoying the moment. At that instant, everything else didn’t matter because she knew she has L with her.

Many years later…

Hye Ri was walking down the same street she first held hands with L. Wrapping her fingers around the warm cup of coffee, she inhaled the fresh aroma of the coffee. Walking alone, she scanned the crowd. Then, a young man approached her with a nice smile and handed her a flyer.


 

Latest Series of Robotic Boyfriend released!!!!

Want a caring boyfriend?

Want an attentive boyfriend?

Want a cute boyfriend?

Want a humorous boyfriend?

Want a hot boyfriend?

If ‘yes’ is your answer to any of the above, contact us right away at 1800-363-8907!~

Free throw-ins for early birds:
-Free Abs modeling
-Free 1 month trial
-3 Years extended warranty

What are you still waiting for? Get yours today!!!  

Hye Ri read and smiled at the flyer.

“Attractive offer huh? Personally, I have gotten my version of ‘Robotic Girlfriend’ from the same company and it’s really good. Are you interested?” The boy inquired.

“I-”

“She’s not interested.” L snapped.

He then pulled Hye Ri away and gripped onto the ice-cream tightly. Hye Ri chuckled at Myung Soo who looked away angrily.  

“Aww… Our Myung Soo is angry? Are you by any chance… jealous?” Hye Ri teased as she peeped at him.

“Hmmp.” Myung Soo said as he turned his head in the other direction.

“I wasn’t intending to buy one. It’s just that I saw the 1 month trial and was reminded of us last time... Come on~” She said as she tugged on his sleeves.

“I cannot be your robotic boyfriend anymore.” Myung Soo said in a serious tone suddenly.

Hye Ri released the ends of Myung Soo’s sleeves and froze. The cup of coffee in her hands slipped out and fell to the floor. The contents spilled out, leaving a dark stain on the ground.

“Are…Are…you saying this for real?” She asked in a slightly trembling voice.

Myung Soo did not answer and Hye Ri felt scared suddenly.

“What do you mean? The company is going back on their words and taking you back…?!” Hye Ri asked as she felt her insides shaking.

“I’m serious. I think I should just be your ‘robotic husband’ already.” Myung Soo said cheekily with a smirk as he turned to face Hye Ri.

“YAH! KIM MYUNG SOO, YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME! I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO BE TAKEN AWAY AGAIN!!!” Hye Ri yelled as she slapped Myung Soo real hard on his arm.

Myung Soo laughed as he wiped some of the ice cream on Hye Ri’s nose before running off. Hye Ri shrieked and started chasing him.

“YAH! KIM MYUNG SOO!!!~” Hye Ri screamed as she ran after Myung Soo.



Author's Note:
Hello to my dearest readers! ~
I hope you guys like the alternate ending...
I am sorry for posting the second part only now because I was really busy recently.
Hope you enjoyed reading and will leave me a comment! *Rubs my hands together* Pretty please... :D
I <3 MY ALL 72 SUBSCRIBERS A LOT (: Thank you so much for subscribing... It means a lot to me ^^
Hope the views will exceed 3000 soon... (:
"My Robotic Boyfriend" is the longest fic I wrote and I really thank you guys for supporting me all the way~
If you have time, feel free to check out my new fic collaborated with Pistachio, called "Through the Memory Lane" (:
Thank you and love you ! <3